• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
on the subject on high transfer fees and rich clubs, pothas and i were playing cm01/02 with real madrid once and signed nesta for about £20m, then lazio came asking for him back a few seasons later, with pothas being unwilling to sell he set the asking price to £100m for a joke assuming that they woudlnt pay it, but they actually came back with a bid of that amount and signed him, strange, not sure how lazio could pay that as at the time they had no champs league qualification on the game and thats more than most clubs make in a season..
I remember that classic sale, dont know if that was a glitch in the game but it was rather amusing to make an 80 million profit on a player who was about 30 when i sold him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lol good old game though, i think we may have gone to watch brentford play shortly after that....cant remember...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
back in the day you used to be able to wack in a massive bid so that the club accepted straight away, then change the bid value to nil and get everyone for free.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
roseboy64 said:
In my current FM game it's 05/06 and I'm second in the league to Chelsea with around 4 or 5 games left 1 point behind. Just recently have they made a surge as all season it was Man Utd and surprisingly Everton contesting. Beat them last game though so atm they're out of it but hopefully they can beat Chelsea who they play next. Also playing Everton in the CL semis. Lost in the FA Cup 5th round but won the Carling Cup. Recently signed a one year contract extension.
Won the EPL and CL as well. The EPL win came with one game to spare. RVN scoring over 50 goals! Brazil won the WC 1-0 over the Czechs and England destroyed someone, don't remember who, in the 3rd place game. Just starting out my new season. Bought Glen Johnson and Daniel Agger. Off loaded Wes Brown, Louis Saha and Liam Miller, and loaned out Walcott and Solskjaer. Also, bought Hargreaves at the beginning of last season and he was one of my consistent mids. Thinking of running a concurrent game where I start out unemployed.

Matteh

sledger said:
would actually be a challenge if you did that, rather than an easy game like man utd.
Exactly. If you've never tried lower league management, you're a simple person.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know anywhere that i can download recent updates for CM 00/01??

Im not sure anywhere has them but if they do id like to find them..

Craig

World Traveller
Would Athletic Bilbao be a pretty big challenge since you can only recruit Basques? IMO it would be one of the tougher ones when you manage a top flight team in some of the bigger European leagues.

Even if I managed Gimnastic of Tarragona in Primera Liga in the next game (FM 07) or downloaded the update patch, I can always find a cheap Brazilian or two, or recruit a youngster on loan from say Real Madrid or Valencia etc. even though they got promoted for the first time since Lucky Eddie was a boy (IIRC). I mean I once had a go as Banik Ostrava and I could sign Brazilians or Argentines, but I can't do that unless he has a Basque second nationality.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
back in the day you used to be able to wack in a massive bid so that the club accepted straight away, then change the bid value to nil and get everyone for free.
That is how a friend of mine was able to sign Thierry Henry in CM 03/04 on a free transfer, by offering Arsenal 126m pounds or something massive, get a deal knocked out with Henry, the nwithdraw in January and sign him up on a Bosman.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
Would Athletic Bilbao be a pretty big challenge since you can only recruit Basques? IMO it would be one of the tougher ones when you manage a top flight team in some of the bigger European leagues.

Even if I managed Gimnastic of Tarragona in Primera Liga in the next game (FM 07) or downloaded the update patch, I can always find a cheap Brazilian or two, or recruit a youngster on loan from say Real Madrid or Valencia etc. even though they got promoted for the first time since Lucky Eddie was a boy (IIRC). I mean I once had a go as Banik Ostrava and I could sign Brazilians or Argentines, but I can't do that unless he has a Basque second nationality.
Yeah it's hard. I've always found it amazing that they've never been relegated since they were a founding member of La Liga. Ridiculously hard on CM/FM though.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
!

That's amazing. The best they can get is Xabier (Xabi - I love that name) Alonso.
Yeah basically if you play with them for a while on CM you end up getting the same regens over and over again lol because they're the only good players you can get. Would be great to play a 100 year game with them though. You'd know the players soooo well by then :laugh:

Matteh

Blewy said:
Anyone know anywhere that i can download recent updates for CM 00/01??

Im not sure anywhere has them but if they do id like to find them..
Not sure about 00/01 but i do for 01/02.

Matteh

My game as Slagelse in the Danish leagues got corrupted and wouldn't load :(

So started a new game off at White Star Woluwe FC in D3 of the Belguim league. Only had 4 player (who all sucked) and have managed to bring in 27 players on frees to actually get some people together to form a squad.

roseboy64

sledger said:
would actually be a challenge if you did that, rather than an easy game like man utd.
Tried it. Got Worcester promoted to Conference National in my first season. Just at the start of the next season now. Brought in some new players to try and be competitive. Over my wage budget though. Took until Janauary for me to get a job.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha cool, imo though xavier thats where the game is at its best, sounds like you are doing well keep it up!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would Athletic Bilbao be a pretty big challenge since you can only recruit Basques?
haha i knew about that rule in real life, but i didnt realise they actually put it into the games, what does it say when you try sign a player without basque lineage? Could always try sign Bixente Lizarazu!

roseboy64

sledger said:
haha cool, imo though xavier thats where the game is at its best, sounds like you are doing well keep it up!
I expect to stuggle though. Only got 9k to spend.