cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 265 of 271 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4055
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

He's been killing it in the SPFL for me. 14 goals and 25 assists in 30 league games.

I've still got a year left which should get me to the point where he was sold in your game. Loves the club and loves me so hopefully I can make his move permanent at the end of the season.
    ​IF I CAN SHOOT RABBITS THEN I CAN SHOOT FASCISTS

Also didn't appreciate how much of an impact Brexit would make. Looks like I'm going to have to re-evaluate my entire transfer strategy, so far I've been targeting getting bigger club castoffs as they become surplus to requirements (Zelalem, Sergi Samper, Wilson) and exploiting cheaper markets like Scandinavia, Switzerland and Portugal. Seems like a lot of those markets will close off because to get a work permit will need players to be internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    3 striker formations are ridiculously OP on this years FM. Did a bit of testing the last week or so running a save as PSG using 2 CF's and an AF and this was the result at the end of season 1:

I'd question your methodology when your 3 strikers are Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe. Maybe try a Rushden and Diamonds save and get back to us if it's still OP.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Also didn't appreciate how much of an impact Brexit would make. Looks like I'm going to have to re-evaluate my entire transfer strategy, so far I've been targeting getting bigger club castoffs as they become surplus to requirements (Zelalem, Sergi Samper, Wilson) and exploiting cheaper markets like Scandinavia, Switzerland and Portugal. Seems like a lot of those markets will close off because to get a work permit will need players to be internationals.
    I've found in my save its been soft as ****. Max 17 foreigners in the 25, but those already here before Brexit don't count. Its basically no different to the 8 home grown players.

Also absolutely everyone seems to get a work permit, so I can sign youngsters and loan them out to lower league teams. By the time they are 23 they are getting UK passports and not counting as foreign. In essence it means I only have to worry about the rules for big money oversees signings and the odd kid in the 19-23 bracket I'm bringing through (I'm trying to tie up all my signings young, because **** paying 100m a time on a striker.)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

I think that version of Brexit barely affects the EPL. If I took a job in England I'd have the same lack of restrictions.

I have to get work permits for non British and Irish players now, and work permits for the SPFL are based on international appearances. I'm trying to sign a young Austrian right back I've spent a bit of time scouting and it's been a nightmare, having to appeal it.

International Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    I'd question your methodology when your 3 strikers are Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe. Maybe try a Rushden and Diamonds save and get back to us if it's still OP.
    Just switched to it in my AlbinoLeffe save who I'm in 2021 with and in our 2nd season in Serie A. Won the first game with it 4-2 and in our 2nd match just beat Inter Milan 6-2 with a strikeforce of Francesco Bonfiglio and Lorenzo Sorrentino who I've had since Serie C alongside Eddie Nketiah. It's OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome..its a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

On my current FM Mobile, work permits got abolished after about five years. Scotland and NI also voted to stay in the U.K.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I've gone back to CM01/02 as its legally downloadable for free and can actually run on an average laptop without taking a week for a month in game.

Forgotten how simple it used to be, but not unenjoyable, especially with the update so it's got current players.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Does it start in the current season then Marc?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Does it start in the current season then Marc?
    No, 2001/02 but all teams are current as if they were the exact right age etc.

It’s still under 2001/02 rules so work permits and no transfer windows but good fun.

Decided to bite the bullet and get FM19.

Might go Arsenal post Wenger or RB Leipzig first up.

I quite fancy going a hipster Chelsea where I actually play all the young talent they're too scared to give a game.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Is it still on sale? Might get it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Is it still on sale? Might get it myself.
    No idea, my brother got me it for Christmas.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Haha you didn't really "bite the bullet" at all then.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha you didn't really "bite the bullet" at all then.
    Yeah, I should have typed install or play because it's been sitting there for a couple of weeks.

Wasn't sure whether to carry on my Rangers FM18 save or go with the new game but I'd already got to the boring part domestically when you're 3 seasons in and winning everything.

Leipzig's squad is amazing, it's pretty much the sort of squad I'd have built if I'd had a Leipzig save in FM16.
    Last edited by Furball; 09-01-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Thread Information