Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263
Results 3,931 to 3,943 of 3943
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Can't get into this one so far, but probably just going through one of those phases, was playing a fair bit of 2016 before the new one came out.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    New look Arsenal have been in great form so far in the new season. Demolished Watford and Leeds in the first two games. Coutinho, Lemar and Ozil running riot. Ironically, however, it's been Alex Iwobi who has been the most prolific.

Due to FFP I abandoned plans to go after Djibril Sidibe and a centre back, so the plan now is to convert Ramsey into a fullback, and Kolasinac into a full time centreback. So far so good, but the opposition hasn't exactly be great.

What formation do you play?
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    At the moment it's a 4-2-3-1.

Previously tried going with a 3 at the back system similar to what is used in real life at the moment, but it didn't seem to work so well, so it's used as a rare alternative now.

cpr
    Anyone had a save game where the 2022 WC is not instantly moved to Australia yet?

Also, kinda glad they don't take the level of detail down to journalists, the website I write for has blagged itself in as one of the news providers, and I've had a few ****y interview questions from them already. Namely why did I turn down the chance to manage Stoke, without considering the fact its ****ing Stoke. Hate to have to ball out some friends because their in-game persona is even more of a **** than they are.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Really enjoying this version. The only gripe I have, which will hopefully be fixed by a patch at some point, is that outside of a penalty shootout it seems nearly impossible to score penalties. Out of the 6 I have had this season, my team has missed all of them.

Also the social media feed is a cool idea, but it needs some work.

Really like the squad dynamics feature though. Makes it much more realistic in terms of making it difficult to keep hold of influential players who want out.

cpr
    Finding it difficult to get the squad to like me, 19 points from the first 7 games and they are still uninterested in team talks as they lack respect for me.

Now I know how Moysey felt

It took about a year for me to get the support of most of the squad. I think as long as they aren't actively opposing you there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Got new one for first time in 3 years, started with Southport as didn't want to take Hurst's job at Shrewsbury. Won opening 4 league games after losing every friendly.
    Promoted 3 seasons in a row due to me signing a 16 year old as my first signing who scored 25 in first season and 20 before christmas in Vanerama National League, had 18 Championship teams bidding for him and he wouldn't sign a new contract so had to take 350k for him but got a 50% sell on profit clause inserted. Signed a new striker and went up and that summer got offered a couple of million to buy the release clause so took it and loaned him back for season as well.

Money made meant I could spend a lot on a few good players and loaned some great kids off Man Utd and went up as runners up. In summer before I start a League 1 campaign and still have 2m in bank and got my former kid back on loan again and he is a good League One striker with all the United kids back again too so got a good team already and have to get some depth before window closes.

cpr
    Whats really irking me about the game is how slow it is, especially on match days, and it seems to have been something in the latest update thats done it.

My laptops supposed to be 5* for running the graphics engine, yet unless I set everything to the lowest it the game crawls along at a stupidly low speed. Whats worse is I don't actually view any of the match anyway, as I play it at supposed high pace using only commentary. Yet still it insists on loading up a stadium and the ilk for me to never use, which previous versions didnt.

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Yeah it is much slower on match day this time. Like you I never bother with the highlights as it takes too much time and the pre match and after match thing takes more time than going through a week of the game.

Imagine not watching the highlights on comprehensive. It's not Director of Football 2017.

cpr
    Annoyingly this is the first version where I have started to watch bits of the game, however its not worth making every match last 30 mins to do so (its really got that bad, though I've a feeling its more of a windows 10 update/Toshiba compatibility issue as one or two other things have gone a little off recently, and I've only noticed this happen in the last week or so - it was fine at first)

Thread Information