• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
How are you doing?

I'm currently in 2007 with Lincoln, I've got them up from Division 3 to Division 1 so far.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
03/04

Forest Green.

6th Season - promotion first 4 then finished 4th in PL and won FA Cup.

Still have 3 regular starters from the Conference, plus a fair few who've been with me since the 2nd at least.

Only just started in Season 6 though - 2 wins and 2 draws so far, plus through to CL proper.

Cloete

International Captain
2012/13 With Charlton on CM 01/02. Going for my 7th EPLL crown in a row, however I'm a couple of poitns behind the Spurs after 15 games. Won the CL for the second time last season with a 5-1 win over Roma :o. Italian striker regen and an English striker regen are my front pair, with a sweidsh FC regen as back up :p. Then I'm pretty sure I have zidane's regen and Figo's regen. Then Harbuzi and Robben and I'm quite sure Nedved's regen. Then a fair few young defenders who I have no idea about, with Tieme Klompe still playing and Ashley Cole!

£100 Mil in the bank and stadium has been upgraded to 48,200(2 upgrades in the last two seasons :cool: ) so far from 25,500!

PY

International Coach
Very quick on the change there, so quick in fact that it didn't show up as an edit. :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm in my third season with Manchester United.So far i've won the league two times in a row and i'm on top in the third.I've had Arsenal like seasons going unbeaten so far.Last year of my contract.I've won every trophy that an EPL team can win.The FA Cup,EPL,Super Cup,League Cup,Community Shield and Champions League.So far van Nistelrooy's had two 71 goal seasons and Reyes has had two 50+ goal seasons.I'm investing in youngsters now with Kenneth Christiansen,Darren Fletcher,Kieran Richardson and Ronaldo my top prospects and in a few weeks i'll be getting Portillo.Sold Barthez and bought Buffon with Howard and him interchanging and Roy Carroll as backup.Defence is good with Wes Brown's injuries solved and the emergence of Ferdinand and O'Shea.Gary and Phil Neville are still there with Heinze as a good backup signing and Silvestre there too.Giigs is solid and Keane too but his play his limited due to the emergence of Kleberson and the sales of Fortune,Butt and Djemba-Djemba.Scholes is still ever present.Saha is a backup striker with the sale of Forlan.Hoping for another six trophies this year.Two already.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well well well, where do i begin, im back on 01/02 with Anderlecht, early on we enjoyed a lot of success. we set he oringal goal of winning 13 straight leagues and have a CL crown by 2021.
Things started slowly finishing behind Lokeren in season 1, but then 8 years of good football saw us take 8 league titles until a little team called GBA won 2 in a row. it wasnt panic stations yet. runner up in 2012 suggested there was more anderlecht domination to come. Then 4 more straight titles to us saw me eyeing down 13 in a row, but agani things came unstuck to GBA, however this time they won just 1 title and we claimed the 2017/18 crown the year after.
Little did i know then that would be my last title on the game with the next decade to be dominated by GBA. They claimed 10 of the next 12 titles (Antwerp and Club Brugge) have one each as well. i could only manage 2 runners up performances in that time and things just arent going well.

Next season will be 2030/31 and i have a good squad and hopefully i can finally win that title.

I still havent won the champions league title, we have been runners up 4 times (to Lazio twice, Ajax and Inter). We have won 1 Uefa cup and 3 runners up, so europe hasnt been very succesful at all!

a few of th regens through the doors, ive had beckhams, Veron, Riquelme, Crespo, Trezeguet, Buffon, Pagliuca, Giggs, Kewell, Guily, Terry, Figo and Zidane are a few thats come to mind.

Biggest sale was Victor Solari (Veron's regen) sold to Chelsea in 2020/21 for £92m, hes just returned to us as a 33 year old on a free transfer this season. I have an awesome Brazlian striker who keeps getting injured, but im not sure who he is.
The best performance by anyone in a season for me was really early on, when Aruna scored 50 goals in a season from AMC....

im hoping to finally have that trophy back this season, and when i do i can happily go back to playing 03/04!

ash chaulk

International Captain
completed 5 seasons with perth glory and won the league twice by coming 2nd on the ladder finished on top of the ladder once and didnt make the final...

players....

James Coppinger (english)
Adin Brown (american GK)
Brett Emerton (aus international)
Kasey Wherman (aus playing in swiss i think atm)
Yang Yu (chinese)

they would be the only players people might recognise im using 00/01

Cloete

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
um what does regen mean????
A regen is a regenerated player from an original plaer in the game.

Say for example Emerton retired. The following season there would be a player with his positions and nationality(ies). So in this case tehre would be an Australian D/DM RC who came into the game the season after (or during) emerton retired. the player would have virtually identical stats but he may be a random age between 14 and 27. The name of the player would be something completely different though. Every player who comes in after the starting date of the game (In your case 00/01) is a regenerated player. Every player in the entire game has a regen!

Hopefully that helps!

Simon

not every player gets regenerated though andy, say a game that starts with 5500 players, after about 30 years there tend to be around 3500 players....

on a better note i just won the belgian league title for the first time in 13 years :D, arch rivals only managed 6th positioned, including a great 5-1 over them along the way :)

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
not every player gets regenerated though andy, say a game that starts with 5500 players, after about 30 years there tend to be around 3500 players....

on a better note i just won the belgian league title for the first time in 13 years :D, arch rivals only managed 6th positioned, including a great 5-1 over them along the way :)
LOL! About bloody time! They've only had the better of you for what? 15 seasons? :p

Simon

yes, something pathetic like that, and i bought the famous Gunther van Gorp from Nantes, he was a GBA junior, only set me back £20m!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Cloete said:
A regen is a regenerated player from an original plaer in the game.

Say for example Emerton retired. The following season there would be a player with his positions and nationality(ies). So in this case tehre would be an Australian D/DM RC who came into the game the season after (or during) emerton retired. the player would have virtually identical stats but he may be a random age between 14 and 27. The name of the player would be something completely different though. Every player who comes in after the starting date of the game (In your case 00/01) is a regenerated player. Every player in the entire game has a regen!

Hopefully that helps!
Lol.

I always thought they just randomised absolutely everything, like it does if you put everything as 0 in the editor. How did you find that out?

Simon

its common knowledge, in earlier versions of CM 3, like 99/00 a regen player could come up from any conutry, eg when beckham retires hes regen could come up as an angolan MRC with the same stats as him, however from 01-02 onwards the regens are always of the same nationality.
some of the easier ones to spot are Beckham, figo, Kahn, Giggs, Earnshaw, Owen etc...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
On my 01-02 one I signed a Belarus player who turned out to be a world beater though. Surely that couldn't have been a regen of a real Belarus player. :S