• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
If you play hard tackling, you get players sent off live with it.

I generally shout, swear, hit things and accuse the computer of cheating whenever I concede. See the playoffs stories earlier in the thread.

Still, it's now May 2015, and the Grecian army has just finished sixth in the Premiership. This summer, we're packing our bags for the InterToto cup, after my £35,000 striker (signed from Championship WBA Reserves whilst farmed out on loan to Conference Rochdale) scored 23 goals in as many starts, and won Players Player of the Year and Footballer of the Year. Think he's on for the European Golden Boot, too...
Well played.. Im in my second season as Plymouth Argyle on TCM, I watch each match live so it takes a while!

Currently 3/4 way through and I am second in the old second division, behind QPR.. This season has to be it for promotion..

And on the hitting things front, I've been rather calm recently, although I broke the rests on the back of my keyboard after being beaten 2-0 by Gillingham...

Cup run has been appaling though, I put out a reserve team against Burton-upon-Trent and got knocked out first round.. In the league cup v Birminham city, we went out on sudden death penalties..

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Is FM 2005 worth getting? I've played the demo and I can't say I was too impressed.

Thoughts? Given I wasn't too fond of CM 4, CM 03/04 was alright but I lost interest in that a bit quickly and went back to CM 01/02. But I had 3 good seasons with Utrecht...

i guess it depends see i liked cm4 03/04 and fm5 but i think its good, very more realistic than 03/04 and alot harder too.........but its up to you buddy

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
If you seriously believe that then you might as well not play the game.

It is human nature to only notice things when they disadvantage you.

Most of the time a change of tactics is what is needed.
my tactics got me to 10 straight league titles, 7 cl finals in 25 years, i dont think tht was the proble. as for red cards, they **** me the most cause i only play "normal" tackling, so theres no excuse for so many red cards...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Well played.. Im in my second season as Plymouth Argyle on TCM, I watch each match live so it takes a while!

Currently 3/4 way through and I am second in the old second division, behind QPR.. This season has to be it for promotion..

And on the hitting things front, I've been rather calm recently, although I broke the rests on the back of my keyboard after being beaten 2-0 by Gillingham...

Cup run has been appaling though, I put out a reserve team against Burton-upon-Trent and got knocked out first round.. In the league cup v Birminham city, we went out on sudden death penalties..
Old second division or really old second division? ;)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The game definately ****es me off big time (which is partly why I love it) but the fact that it is harder than the others is probably a good thing.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Fm2005 is excellent i am Aston Villa at the Moment i still play cm 01/02 and am Exeter and also cm03/04 and i am Wimbeldon on that version

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah, one of my real pet hates is the pointless changing around just to confuse everyone..

And whats with the Coca Cola Championship being called that? Its a division below the real "championship"

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
just played a but for the first time since christmas, top of league 2 with Stalybridge but im in debt, can't afford any new players and all my players want new contracts arrgh.

but i did just tonk Walsall away in the league cup tho :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just got appointed by Man City, who were struggling in the Championship (12th place last season) and I'm currently 2nd after 8 games, scoring 28 in the process. Bought Paul Heffernan for £1,000,000, who can only be described as a bargain, banging them in all over the place. Need money though...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I got it aged 27 when managing a League One club (and I didn't even realise the job was on offer)
Just seen this, I'm a bit curious how you did this, as I thought the game made you 30 automatically at the start of the game if you were younger than that. I may well be wrong though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Man City are one of Europe's big shots come 2015. They're back in the Champions League again after last year going in the semis to eventual winners Panathinaikos.

City's InterToto run seems set to end in the final, having lost the first leg 1-0 to Man Utd at SJP - still, I did beat Chievo and Aberystwyth to get here... The fans want me to qualify for Europe, and the board want me to improve my squad. Now, if I could start competing with Championship sides' wage budgets...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Just seen this, I'm a bit curious how you did this, as I thought the game made you 30 automatically at the start of the game if you were younger than that. I may well be wrong though.
I think the minimum age has been changed - certianly every game I've started has allowed me to be 26

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
On my Bolton game, I went to sudden death penalties and won 2-1 after 10 rounds of penalties. Then on a different game with Hull, won 1-0 after 11 - has anyone else had this happen to them?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Man Citeh look to be about to experience the Premiership once again, I'm 3 points clear of West Ham in second, and 6 points clear of 3rd place.