• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
None of you have anything on my Dagenham team.
Second in the Conference and going to Anfield for the Quarter Final of the FA Cup!
We had got a tricky tie against Bolton of the Premiership at the Glyn Hopkin Stadium and Alex Meechan put us 1 up after 4 minutes but Ricardo Gardner equalised with 3 minutes to go to send the tie to the Reebok Stadium. 3-0 up at half time Alex Meechan scored his 3rd goal of the tie and his second of the night to send Dagenham and Redbridge to Anfield.

Craig

World Traveller
I should add for all I have achieved is without the patch for CM 03/04. Just don't have the time to download it.

As for my Spanish team I took out the UEFA Super Cup despite being 1-0 behind with less then 35 minutes to go and game back to win 3-1.

Craig

World Traveller
How long would of it had taken you to down loan it on dial-up, for me it would take 6-11 hours to do so, plus work prevents me from doing so.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I believe the patch is available on certain CDs on magazines - I think for one version they did offer to send it out to people.

Craig

World Traveller
roseboy64 said:
Just got offered the job of Argentina manager.I took it of course.Also signed Mido and Robert Huth on free transfers.I'v ealso improved my team by implementing new training schedules.Hopefully it won't take too long for adjustment.Oh yeah Tim Howard got transferred becaus ein the end it was the best move.He gets to start regularly and one of my young keepers gets to be No.2 to Schmeichel(Kasper) who's no vet himself only being 21.Zidane's retiring at the end of this season which has just started.
I got offered the job of Santos, but said no when the fans and board wanted me to stay, and knew I couldn't leave them.

Also managing PSV, and I have found the perfect tatic which works, prevents goals and I end up scoring heaps as well.

I play 4-3-3, with my right & left backs pushing forward, but I have my two centre backs playing deeper but are pushing forward. I play a narrow midfield with three defensive midfielders (I am in over supply of defensive midfielders), all dropping back, but I play two strikers with Robben playing up front, but him and another striker dropping behind my main man Mateja Kezman. I reckon now I'm scoring more goals then ever (I also have got the 1.4 and 1.5 patch on my game).

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Was just about to post here. After along spell ****ed off with the game (due to injuries, and crap form) I have finally finished my first season in my new game with Tottenham, slipping up from 1st place at Crimbo to finish 7th, and just about scrape a UEFA Cup place.

New season, doing well so far, in 3rd, 2 defeats in 10, won 7 and drawn 1, for 22 points. Signed an AMC called Kranjcar, who is so far a legend. Out of the mickey mouse cup, due to playing U18 'nobodies'. Also out of the UEFA Cup (well, not wuite, but 2 defeats in 2) and will now play naff players in that too, concentrating on the League. I play a 4-4-2 narrow diamond, used to be 4-1-3-2 last season but pushed the centre midfielder up to accomodate Kranjcar, with an average rating of 9 so far this season, 5 goals in 8 from AMC, 6 assists, legend so far.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Management on FM is generally a lot harder than CM 03/04 - the main reason I rate it as a much better game. It took me ages to get to the Premiership with Chelmsford on FM, but I did it in straight seasons with Lincoln on 03/04.

Anyway, Arsebal were beginning to look indestructible in the second season until I gained Tottenham's first win for a while against Arsenal... they've since lost 3 on the trot and I'm within a point of them, 21 games into season.

I went out of the UEFA Cup, fielding reserves, considering that we didn't do too badly to lose the last two games 1-0. Am off to continue atm.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
**** it, fouled up again.

I was ahead of the Gooners for ages, then lost to them, then self destructed. I quitted 1 game before the end of the season in a rage, 8 points behind in 3rd. The last game is who decides comes 3rd and 4th too, and on current form I might just lose that too.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
My assistant manager just got signed as Wolves manager so Roy Keane is now my assistant manager.Zidane got injured at the start of the season and is out for six months.He's retiring at the end of the season anyway.Chris Eagles has shown strides and is now in my first team, replacing Darren Fletcher. And, Solskjaer won the UEFA Cup last season as Liverpool manager.Quite a rise to success for him.He started last season as manager of newly promoted Coventry taking over midseason and winning promotion for them.Then late last season he jumped ship to Liverpool.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Guided Argentina to the World Cup 2010 which is next year.Played three games and won them all.I had to reconstruct the team to fit my tactics and requirements.I use a 4-1-2-1-2 essentially for both Argentina and Man Utd.It's now 2009 so hopefully by end of this club season my first choice players will al be fit and ready. I think we've got a good chance to win. England in my estimation is my biggest challenger( with about 7 of my Man Utd players-Johnson,Johnson,Samba,Rooney,Beckham,Gilder and Bullock) in the squad at the moment.Who knows who else could be in there by season end.Ferdinand may get a recall and Richardson might be able to force his way in.

Craig

World Traveller
chris.hinton said:
Craig manage a smaller team and see how you do :)
Which is why I'm managing Verona, got them promoted to Serie A and I am in 10th spot.

Did start up a new game the other night with Vittoria in Serie C2C (which is the lowest division of them all in Italy), aye that will be a mission and a half to go up to Serie A.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My 4-3-3 is working well for Dagenham, high scoring football with amazing talent all over the pitch, which was shown when Sean Devine put 4 past Kettering after being 1 behind. We were in the second round of the FA Cup for the 3rd time in 4 years but we went out. This season isn't going aswell but a good run could get us into the playoffs again.

My best XI is:
Paul Pettinger(GK)
Jimmy Jackson(DL)
Lee Goodwin(DR)(c)
Tim Cole(DC)
Chris Piper(DC)/Santos Gaia(DC)
El Barto(ML)
Tony Scullly(MR)
Robert Owen(MC)
Sean Devine(FC)
Armand One(FC)
Alex Meechan(FC)

I've just drawn Havant and W in the 3rd Round of the FA Trophy, my last shot at silverware.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is what ive done on my current game

Porto
Hired: 2001
Top Division League Titles: 2008, 2010, 2011
Cup Titles: 2005, 2010
Resigned: 2011

Sunderland
Hired: 2011
EPL League Titles: 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2022
FA Cup Titles: 2016, 2018
League Cup Titles: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Champions League Titles: 2014
UEFA Cup Titles: 2016
European Super Cup: 2016
World Club Chamionship: 2015, 2017
Intercontinental Cup: 2014
Resigned: 2024

Bolton
Hired: 2024
EPL League Titles: 2026
Resigned: 2026

Feyenoord
Hired: 2026
Top Division League Titles: 2027, 2028, 2029, 2032, 2033
Cup Titles: 2030
Champions League Titles: 2028, 2029, 2030, 2032
European Super Cup: 2028, 2029, 2032
World Club Championships: 2029, 2033
Intercontintental Cup: 2028, 2029, 2030, 2032
Resigned: 2034

Newcastle
Hired: 2034
EPL League Titles: 2035

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just managed to save US Royenne from relegation in the French Third Division. Trying a lower league challenge while on holiday - got my star striker injured, stopped scoring goals totally, but managed to win the final game against the sixth-placed in the league 3-1 - and finishing a point clear of the relegation zone in 16th place.

Still a fair bit to the CL, though.