• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
If your defence is getting outplayed and torn apart, you need to look at your tactics.

The beauty of the 2D is that you can see your team's weaknesses - I had a big one when playing 4 at the back, so I went to 3 with wing backs, and they were still getting behind in the wide area, so now I play a flat 5 with the full backs pushing on.
It doesn't hapen a lot.Maybe once a season at most.If it wasn't for that fear I'd most likely be playing with five midfielders.Playing with on estirker is out of the question though as I've got about five forwards in my first team alone.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
The beauty of the 2D is that you can see your team's weaknesses - I had a big one when playing 4 at the back, so I went to 3 with wing backs, and they were still getting behind in the wide area, so now I play a flat 5 with the full backs pushing on.
Agreed - it lets you get more of a view on what is happening, but you can still use what made CM so great - imagination.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
It doesn't hapen a lot.Maybe once a season at most.If it wasn't for that fear I'd most likely be playing with five midfielders.Playing with on estirker is out of the question though as I've got about five forwards in my first team alone.
I just usually look at my 11 best players and put them in the formation (well, 10, as the 'keeper always gets in :p) and that works well, means a change of formation with every injury and signing though. Of course, that is within reason; I would never play 1-1-8! :p

roseboy64

I have to use a rotation policy.Of course in a couple of years I'll hoped to have to not do that with some retirements of my older players like Zidane,Scholes, Beckham,Keane, van Nistelrooy, Howard, the Nevilles, Ferdinand(sorta), O'Shea(sorta) and Giggs.Hopefully Fletcher and Richardson will be ready.Richardson's the better bet at the moment but Reyes limits his playing time.I might move Reyes though.There's a significant gap between his wages and the next highest paid player.

Craig

World Traveller
Won automatic promotion to the Serie A with Hellas Verona.

I actually ended up with the same amount of points as Atalanta but got on goal difference :D . I'm struggling to find really good defenders with only £3.3m to spend. Mine are ok, but their pace makes them a bit slow which is a problem because I want guys who are quick.

Out of interest what leagues do people run on their game? I run the top flight divisions of England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, France, Portugal, Argentina, and Brazil. I also have the then 1st division (now the Championship) and the Serie B as well.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I run England from League 2 upwards along with the top flights from Spain, Italy, Scotland, Greece and Norway

Craig

World Traveller
I never knew how many good players play in South America, and in particular in Colombia.

I'm playing as Real Madrid as my other team I'm managing, won everything I could, Valancia sommehow got relegated, added Adrian Mutu, Thierry Henry, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Pavel Nedved. Victor Valvedes (sp) (got him on afree after being released by Barca), Jose Julian de la Cuesta (he played for At(h)letico Nacional in Colombia before I signed him and his player stats are out very very good) to my squad and he doesn't cost much in wages.

I've sold Roberto Carlos to Deportivo - he is nothing but a whinging loser who every second week wanted to be on the transfer list, so I said stuff him, I sold him.

But I'm looking for a new club and new challange.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Point of interest.Exeter just won the conference.Also, Arsene Wenger got fired from Arsenal because of a few good reasons.One being that Fulham is going to finish above them and that they finished fourth.Fulham is 3rd by the way.Chelsea 2nd.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
roseboy64 said:
Point of interest.Exeter just won the conference.Also, Arsene Wenger got fired from Arsenal because of a few good reasons.One being that Fulham is going to finish above them and that they finished fourth.Fulham is 3rd by the way.Chelsea 2nd.

interesting , very interesting

i need a challenge, anyone

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Win the Premiership in the first season in a new game with Tottenham. I'm in with a shout, and was first for a while, but have fallen off the pace lately.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Halsey said:
Win the Premiership in the first season in a new game with Tottenham. I'm in with a shout, and was first for a while, but have fallen off the pace lately.

is that using fm2005 or cm03/04

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
New computer has arrived.

With the specs I'll be able to start a fairly huge game - think I'll go for about 30-35 divisions! :D

roseboy64

Just got offered the job of Argentina manager.I took it of course.Also signed Mido and Robert Huth on free transfers.I'v ealso improved my team by implementing new training schedules.Hopefully it won't take too long for adjustment.Oh yeah Tim Howard got transferred becaus ein the end it was the best move.He gets to start regularly and one of my young keepers gets to be No.2 to Schmeichel(Kasper) who's no vet himself only being 21.Zidane's retiring at the end of this season which has just started.

roseboy64

On a good note, about 6 of my players are in the Englan squad at the mo'.Glen Johnson,David Beckham,Cherno Samba,Phillip Gilder, Wayne Rooney and Eddie Johnson.Kieran Richardson's on the fringes.Rio Ferdinand looks to be out of favour but hopefully that will change.Also, about 25% of the U21 are from my club.That is so cool.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I've signed Sean Devine for my Dagenham team (3rd year-Conference) 8 matches into the season he's scored 4 goals from 4 matches! He gets injured all the time. He's making play my backup striker a lot.

My strikers are Alex Meechan, Armand One and Sean Devine with my backup being Steve Watts. Have any of you seen these players in your Llama adventures?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
New computer has arrived.

With the specs I'll be able to start a fairly huge game - think I'll go for about 30-35 divisions! :D
In what countries?

For me I'm 15th in the Serie A after three matches but I have not won a game, I had a two-two draw with Inter (who signed Scott Parker from Charlton for £11m), and one-nil loss to Atalanta and a 0-0 draw with Brescia, but I have another two home games, the game against Brescia was my first game at the Bentigodi (Verona's home ground). I will welcome back my Albanian talisman Florian Mytraj who has served a three game domestic ban after being sent off in a friendly (elbow to the face which got a straight red and an automatic one game ban but the panel increased it to three games :mad).

Time to beat the Giallorossi.