Cricket Player Manager
Page 226 of 238 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3566
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Maybe try moving Reus and Blas wider?

Failing that, if you're conceding lots of goals, maybe move Bender back into a DM position, and have Mykhitaryan operate as an advanced playmaker from alongside Gundogan (also with Reus and Blas playing wider). I find this is quite an effective tactic, especially against good sides. Maybe you could play more aggressively in home games and other matches which you expect to win.

Best way to find out what works is just to play the game loads and loads I guess. Like real life, one particular system won't necessarily work well for every side, and will be much more successful for some than others.

Find you have to change tactics from season to season more these days which I suppose makes sense I suppose.

World Cup and work means I have not played any of late of late but will probably continue with my Sevilla save after group stages are over. I hate this one but I keep playing it.

Eds
    Well all your AMs are doing the same thing, and you have no playmakers in the side.

Lewandowski (AF-A) up top with Reus (T-A) & Mkhitaryan (SS-A) flanking an AP-S would go well I reckon. Then make Gundogan a DLP-S or drop him back to DM strata and make him a Regista. Bender as a BWM-D too.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

I find you can get away with only making minor changes most of the time. I never like making drastic changes between seasons, as I find that throws out my teams' performance completely. I mainly tinker around with one or two positions. Like swapping an anchor man for an extra attacking midfielder, or playing with a different kind of striker (though the most recent experiment of Fabregas as a false 9 has come to a drastic end).

Made some changes (approx 4) to my team in order to give some young/reserve players a run out and end up being beaten 2-0 at home by Ternana. I suppose I have only myself to blame, but I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Also went out of the Champions League at the group stage after being trounced 3-0 by Celtic. Woeful.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I'm Borussia Dortmund. Have only made 14 points in the first 9 games of the Bundesliga. It started pretty well but has gone to tits recently, lost in the cup and the league to Gladbach lost 4-1 away at Benfica and just lost the Revierderby 4-1.

Play a 4-2-3-1 with pressing and a direct attack. Lewandowski is OP but he's my only goal threat. None of the front three who I play (and I've got loads of option) do anything really. I've tried switching around between them being on support and attack but can't really find a combination where they create any goal threat. My defence has managed to get worse in recent weeks despite me devoting more training time to defensive positioning and defending set pieces.

Here's my team at the moment: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    You have too much space out wide for opposing teams to attack, and then going forward you're far too compact, so none of the attackers have space to do anything. Reus should definitely be out wide as an inside forward, and you're playing Blazs way out of position. First thing I'd do is set your wing backs to Complete Wing Back, set the two wider players to to either Wing attack, or Inside Forward. I'd also think about utilising a deep-lying playmaker, I've recently been using a Regista a hell of a lot with massive success. It breaks up the midfield, and gives your team much better balance, as your attacks build from the back. Gundogan should be your main man, has all the attributes to be a fantastic Regista. I'd line up with:

------------------------------------Weidenfeller--------------------------------
    ---CWB---------------Hummels-------------Subotic-------------CWB----
    -Grobkreutz----------------------------------------------------------Schmelzer----
    --------------------------------------Regista-----------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------Gundogan-------------------------------------
    --------------------------BWM D---------------AP S---------------------------------
    -------------------------Bender----------------Mkhitaryan---------------------------
    ---Winger A--------------------------------------------------------Inside Forward A------
    ---Blasz---------------------------------------------------------------Reus----------------
    -------------------------------------False Nine-------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------Lewandowski-----------------------------------------------

Then play around with the team instructions, but I use control, fluid, retain possession, be more expressive, higher tempo, tighter marking and hassle opponents.

Signed Bale for Bayern for 63m and he has been immense. 23 goals in 29 games, plus 11 assists, been absolutely superb playing as an Inside Forward on the right. Bale, Shaqiri and Diego Costa up top, so good. If you ever get the chance to buy Shaqiri, do it, he's absolutely awesome. Best young AML Inside Forward on the game!
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Finally enjoying a game. Gave up on Sevilla and started with Schalke, very early days but is good fun so far, so many brilliant young players. Does not look like I am going to get close to Bayern this year but hope to be good for second. Arsenal were generous enough to give more than the release clause for Farfan, really wanted Pjanic but could not quite get the deal done so had to settle for Parejo and Begovic.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Just about to start my 14th season on my game with my self-created club. Fallen short on qualifying for Europe in each of the last three seasons but this season it is a board expectation so the pressure is on a little more.

Game is pretty much 95% regen players, all the managers seem to be players who played for me at one time or another. Normally would be fed up by this point but having worked from the bottom am determined to see this through

Does the game force you to retire at any point? Never gone more than ten years before now

I think there is an upper limit on the amount of seasons you can do, but I think it's pretty high. I think the furthest I have ever gone in a game is about 10 years.

Yeah think I may have done 8 once but people go for decades don't they?

2nd spot and the German cup for me with Schalke. Quarter-finals of Champions League, 2-0 up at home to City but a blunder gave them an away goal and then got a player sent off after 2 minutes in the away leg.

Pjanic, Balanta and Bradley have all come in this summer, Atletico gave me lots of money for Matip and Neustadter. Max Meyer is going to be so good.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Tbf I'd never go this long on the full version, seasons so much quicker on the handheld version, like the old CMs

I had to go back to an old Auto-save on my Inter game after I accidentally saved over the top of my proper save and lost about 4 months of progress - was fuming.

Have at least managed to avoid going out of the Champions League to Celtic this time around at least. Have decided my defence is really not up to scratch though. Really regretting not signing Balanta earlier on, as he's my main target now, but his value has skyrocketed.

Kovacic out for 4 months with a broken foot has also been a huge pain, but it has led to a mini revival for Siem de Jong who would otherwise have been sold.

Strangely playing Fabregas up front and a 6ft5 target man on the wing has proved to be a really effective tactic haha.

Testing my patience very much at the moment, very much in the title hunt this season but my god the amount of chances we miss are beyond stupid, 6 or 7 clear cut chances in each match in the last few I have played.

I get the feeling I'm due a spell like that.

My Inter have been steamrollering as of late. Have won the last 5 matches by 4 or 5 goals, and am on a 17 game unbeaten streak. Worryingly though, Milan are level on points with me, and I am only top on goal difference. I think I must be due a downturn in form.

Fabregas having to play every game up front at the moment. What had been a novelty, occasionally used, tactic has now become the norm due to injuries. Not sure what I will do if he gets crocked. Will have to give Ruben Garcia or Ben Arfa a go there I suppose.

Just happened again 7 clear cut chances, 33 shots, draw 0-0.

Rooney come on a free in the summer and has managed 1 goal in 15 league games.

Thread Information