Cricket Player Manager
Page 222 of 238 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3556
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Updated the transfers and started a new save with Southampton the other day. They apparently have a sugar daddy because the board gave me a 40mil budget increase shortly after the window closed, wtf. The only players I'd signed in time were Del Piero, Materazzi, Zambrotta and Riquelme, all on free transfers.

Well, come December and I was actually 9th on the table thanks to my signings (and Gaston Ramirez being an absolute legend). Noticed Tevez, Mascherano and Llorente having absolute moans at their clubs - Tevez hated Mancini, Mascherano was actually transfer listed by Barcelona (what the ****!?) and Llorente announced he was leaving on a free transfer when his contract expired. Spent the next month hounding them in the media until I had 25mil, 17mil and 6mil bids accepted for them, all on 48 month installments. Eventually finished 6th.

I did do a double take on all of these things happening, but the straw that broke the camel's back was Billy Sharp, who was on loan at Forest all season, rejecting a transfer there because he didn't want to miss out on the chance to play in the Europa League.

**** this stupid game, I'll come back next year.
    orz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I want to know what the improved loan system involves.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Bungs imo.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I want to know what the improved loan system involves.
    Just watch the videos coming out and I'm sure it'll be gotten to eventually.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Just watch the videos coming out and I'm sure it'll be gotten to eventually.
    cbf, just tell me.

Would be pretty gun if it included a "sign and loan back" option when you're signing good young players.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    No sign and loan back.

It's more you can set what squad status and position the players you loan out will be playing. If you can't afford the wage contribution you can use some transfer budget to pay a monthly fee. Also, players will request termination of loans if they're not getting enough football, so backup goalies you have to search better and get only those content at being loaned in as backup. Can also only offer players out to foreign players if you want. Also, the Director of Football can be assigned to find clubs for your young players to be loaned out to.

Considering punting van Persie at the end of the season. Mainly because he's an injury prone **** and I just spent 17m acquiring Robert Lewandowski.

Definitely punting Luuk de Jong because he had a sook about there being too much competition for places.

With Wilshere almost back from injury my squad looks like this:

First XI:

Szczesny
    Koscielny
    Song
    Vertonghen
    Isla
    Gibbs
    Hazard
    Ramsay
    Muniain
    Gervinho
    van Persie

2nd XI

McGregor
    Mertesacker
    Coquelin
    Vermaelen
    Jenkinson
    Santos
    Arteta
    Ox
    Lucas Moura
    Walcott
    Lewandowski

Aw yeah.

Sucked big time in my first season, somehow managed to hang on to my job during the first half of the season despite spending most of it in the bottom half. Had some terrible, terrible results such as being demolished 7-1 by Juve, losing to Celtic and West Ham 3-0 at home, throwing away a 4-1 lead to lost 5-4 to Villa among others. The fact that I got some really good results against my rivals was all that kept me in a job.
    Was really frustrating, everyone would seemingly get ratings of >7.00 90% of the time but I'd drop so many points.
    Out of the Carling Cup in the 4th round, FA Cup 3rd round, CL QF and 7th in the league behind Newcastle and Stoke (5th and 6th). Would've made Euros if not for Adebayor scoring a 90th minute OG to give Stoke a point at WHL and keeping them above me

Just finished first season with Real Sociedad, came 4th so happy with that, not any money to spend but they have some really good young players.

Messi only got 36 goals in the league, real life clearly less realistic.

cpr
    So new one, started unemployed, took the Villa job when they booted Lambert (they were 14th, but the table was so close that winning my first game took me to 8th, where we've stayed ever since)

Erractic results mind, lost 2 on the bounce with last minute own goals, smashed West Ham 4-1 away, only to lose 4-0 next game at home to Norwich.

Bent is the usual goal machine, for the first time in an FM game I'm actually getting decent results from Ireland, playing him just behind Bent, in a 4-5-1 I usually hate.

Naff all transfer budget though, think I had 500k.

After 27 games, Liverpool in 19th.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Bumping this.

Corrin's mob might be a good challenge in FM15.

Yeah, this thread is well overdue some updates. Will make my own entry soon.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I have Leamington in the Champions League. Trouble is I have no English players and still got an abysmal youth set up so no chance of producing my own players to fill quotas up.

Screenshots please. I'm still suspicious about your claims of winning the Champions League with Farsley Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, this this well overdue some updates. Will make my own entry soon.
    Yeah I've started as Rangers in FM13 in order to do the journey back properly. Won Division 3 with 35 wins and 1 draw, annoyingly got knocked out of both cups by Celtic.

Thread Information