Page 219 of 237 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3546
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Yeah, sometimes you do get the feeling that it is conspiring to screw you over. You just know on some attacks that the computer is going to score, and once you get on a crap run sometimes it seems impossible to get off, whatever you do.

Which in fairness must be how it feels for a manager sometimes.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Yeah I suppose that's true. It does really feel sometimes that rather than it just being bad luck or whatever that the game is out to get you though.

Eds
    Have finally established my Hamburg side as one of the better in Germany. They were sitting about 15th when I took over in February 2012 and having now been there for a year, we've managed to go into the winter break (after a period of poor form) at 6th, after sitting 4th for a month or so.

Defense is now Aogo - Westermann - Friedrich - Beck which looks very decent for a Bundesliga side, and cost me a grand total of 0 getting Friedrich and Beck both in on free transfers. But it's been appalling as a unit and I've got hardly any depth. Looking at the Fans' Confidence levels, both Aogo and Beck are in there for terrible form (closer to 6 average rating than anything else) and Westermann makes far too many horrific mistakes generally leading to a goal for the opposition. Have briefly searched through the transfer market, compiling scout reports, and it appears the best option is Martin Montoya of Barcelona (who is capable of playing right-back or centre-back). He's available for approximately 3million - but has anyone had him before? The scouts are suggesting he'll turn out better than any of my defenders, at 4*, but the scouts at HSV been appalling thus far. Can anyone suggest any better options for a similar price range, preferably a right or centre-back. I have also signed a centre-back named Johan Martial for approximately 800k who looks like he'll turn out very well, but he's only 21.

Attacking-wise, we're looking very good, having racked up the second highest goals tally in the league, behind Bayern. New signing Gabriel Torje is on the right-hand side along with Marcell Jansen (who I'm considering moving back to left-back with Aogo's drop in form) on the left wing. Per Ciljan Skjelbred is my attacking midfielder whose more than solid but I've also brought in Julian Draxler for 6million who looks as if he'll be incredible. Have more than enough depth everywhere except the defence particularly as I've also brought in Khouma Babacar on a loan-to-buy.

The winter break is also the work of the gods - entered into it in a horrific run of form but have now played well in our two mid-season friendlies and I think we'll hit the league running again.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Romario (RB) and Rafael Toloi (CB/RB) are both decent options, and both would be available for about 2m each at the start of the game. Rather suspect that if you're in 2012 though they may have already signed for other teams and their value increased though.

Eds
    Yeah, Romario is now at Lyon and Toloi isn't in my game. Had a quick scout of Romario regardless, and they do reckon he'll be 4*, but would have no intention of joining.

Montoya it is, I think.

cpr
    Hmm, finding lower league management a bit too easy TBH.

Started with Altrincham, should never be in Blue Square North anyway, media tip to take the title, but strengthened my squad through the medium of free's (and the biggest database my laptop could run)

Biggest two have been Szilard Nemeth, skulking in German amateur leagues, so brought him back to the UK, and Ahmet Brkovic, a 37 year old former Luton winger in semi retirement at some Croatian nobodies.

Picked up a guy called Arjan Wisse, who i've decided is the RVP of the non leagues. Has been without a club since 2007, but that didnt stopping hitting 6 in a 10-1 win against Evesham in the FA cup qualifiers!

Turns out i did fork out 50 for Nemeth!

Am 10/10 in the league, which is a bit silly really, but Nemeth/Brkovic/Twiss all firing up front, and Lawton using his experience to boss the midfield. Away to Fleetwood in the FA Cup 4th Qualifiers, which'll be this teams first decent test.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

3 seasons in with Napoli and title secured, should reach 100 goals and need to win my last 4 for 100 points. Cavani is just ridiculously.

Lost to Arsneal in champions league quarters though, lost bloody 5-1 away and could only manage a 3-0 win at home.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    FM or CM for iPhone, either of them worth getting? Wouldnt normally consider CM but its only three quid
    Last edited by GIMH; 16-05-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Want to start a new Arsenal game and get some sexy Bielsaesque 3-4-3 on the go but Steam is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Want to start a new Arsenal game and get some sexy Bielsaesque 3-4-3 on the go but Steam is useless.
    There are other ways

It's all good now.

So far:

In
    Iker Muniain - Athletic Bilbao - 21m
    Eden Hazard - Lille - 35m
    Mauricio Isla - Udinese - 13

Out
    Marouane Chamakh - Benfica - 8.25m

Going for this lineup for the first friendly:

Code:
                      Szczesny

Koscielny    Song    Djourrou

Sagna                                 Gibbs

Arteta    Hazard

Walcott      van Persie      Muniain

Tried something very similar at Napoli but just could not get 3 at the back to work so pushed one forward into DM (so Song in your case.) Eventually wound up dropping the two wide forwards into AM and Hamsik into CM with Kagawa AM so a sort of 2-3-1-3-1. All credit to you if you can make 3 centre-backs work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Tried something very similar at Napoli but just could not get 3 at the back to work so pushed one forward into DM (so Song in your case.) Eventually wound up dropping the two wide forwards into AM and Hamsik into CM with Kagawa AM so a sort of 2-3-1-3-1. All credit to you if you can make 3 centre-backs work though.
    Well what I'm doing with Song is playing him as a ball playing defender and giving him a stopper role so that he's encouraged to break forward from the defensive line and make interceptions; he's also encouraged to run with the ball. We'll see how it works, I can easily go 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 without making substitutions.

Yeah makes sense and Song should be able to do it, had no players like that when I started. Probably do now but happy with current formation.

Thread Information