Cricket Player Manager
Page 213 of 238 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3567
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

  1. #3181
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,376
    Been years since I played one where I had a player get a drugs ban. Like they've all cleaned up their act or something. FFS.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  2. #3182
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    I wonder if it's a legal thing. Can't imagine a player in real life would appreciate being associated with a drugs ban, even if it was an entirely fictional one. Might raise some awkward questions for the developers as to how they determine which in game players are more likely to take drugs than others...Or maybe it is only regens who get these kind of bans, as iirc when I last looked at the editor for the previous version of FM the option for a drug related ban was still listed in the potential options for player suspensions...

    Have hear stories of players dying in games as well, through incidents such as a car crash or something. Not sure if this is really part of the game or just internet gossip though, never experienced it myself and never seen it confirmed by an official source, not that I've looked for such a thing mind you.

  3. #3183
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,376
    Yeah, had a mate tell me he had a player banned for 18 months for fracturing another player's skull once but reckoned he was making it up, never seen anything like that.

  4. #3184
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,376
    Been an age since I had a player suffer a career-ending injury too tbf, not that I want to experience that, unless it's a dodgy signing I can't get rid of


  5. #3185
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Been an age since I had a player suffer a career-ending injury too tbf, not that I want to experience that, unless it's a dodgy signing I can't get rid of
    Has only happened to me once, think it was Lee Naylor when I was playing as Wolves.

    On the same game I had also signed Richard Dunne, and for some reason, for no reason I could work out, his fitness just kept decreasing every week, until eventually he was on 0%. Despite not carrying any injury and the physio saying he was raring to go....Never did work that one out.

  6. #3186
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,376
    I loved Premier Manager 98 on the PS1...had a player get a career ending injury...only thing is when players retired on that game, they got regenerated as 17 year olds with everything else identical barring the name. Including the injury. So my youngster who replaced the retiree started his career by being out for 32 weeks with cruciate ligament damage. Happy days.

  7. #3187
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    Haha, I remember Pothas and I would spend whole weekends playing the two player version of that. Those were truly great days.

  8. #3188
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,466
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Been years since I played one where I had a player get a drugs ban. Like they've all cleaned up their act or something. FFS.
    There was one CM where players started with drugs bans (think it was around 2000 or 2001 when half the Dutch team seemed to be serving bans for taking nandrolone) and obviously Rio Ferdinand would have been serving a ban at the start of FM2005, but I don't think they have it set so that players get it in game. I think it would be too much of a legal issue.
    ​63*

  9. #3189
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    International Coach cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I wonder if it's a legal thing. Can't imagine a player in real life would appreciate being associated with a drugs ban, even if it was an entirely fictional one. Might raise some awkward questions for the developers as to how they determine which in game players are more likely to take drugs than others...Or maybe it is only regens who get these kind of bans, as iirc when I last looked at the editor for the previous version of FM the option for a drug related ban was still listed in the potential options for player suspensions...

    Have hear stories of players dying in games as well, through incidents such as a car crash or something. Not sure if this is really part of the game or just internet gossip though, never experienced it myself and never seen it confirmed by an official source, not that I've looked for such a thing mind you.
    Basically, yes. The producers were very conscious about legal action for random events that could be misconstrued to make someone look like a drugs cheat
    (Miles in particular, but then he always was a shirty ****!). It was decided not to program them in as a random event just in case. They also felt it'd take the fun away from a game if your flying high then lose your star striker to something completely bizzare and random as that - You may accept an injury as unlucky, but a drugs ban wouldn't go down as well.


    Likewise player deaths were never on the agenda for the reasons above times ten. There was talk of putting serious illness in (think it was about 2000 that a Millwall player was out for a year with testicular cancer) but it was scrapped. Career ending injuries were in for a period about CM3 time, they tended to crop up for the serial sicknote who suffered recurring injuries, but again were quietly dropped.

    Stuff that DID happen would be put in, hence why they are still in the editor data for injury/ban lists - as a said the Milwall player with his cancer, I'm sure Ferdinand was given an in-game ban, as was Mutu (might've been one put in a patch though, as it was part way through a season)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

  10. #3190
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    Yeah, probably for the best if you ask me. All of these sorts of near the knuckle issues would be pretty dodgy if they were included.

    I think career-ending injuries should have been kept in though. They are potentially things that could be suffered by anyone. Might be annoying for the person playing the game though I suppose.

  11. #3191
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,466
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, probably for the best if you ask me. All of these sorts of near the knuckle issues would be pretty dodgy if they were included.

    I think career-ending injuries should have been kept in though. They are potentially things that could be suffered by anyone. Might be annoying for the person playing the game though I suppose.
    I don't think career-ending injuries happen that often in real life though.

  12. #3192
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,731
    Beat Chelsea to pull within a point of United - Yay
    Then :
    Lose to Newcastle
    Lose to Udinese when you only need a point to win the group
    Get drawn against Barcelona
    Lose to United
    Draw with bottom of the league QPR
    ffs

  13. #3193
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    International Coach cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    10,266
    Tend to be the young player who never got chance to get near his potential, and lost vital years of development, or the old timer who's bodies half knackered and CBA dropping down the divisions. Many come back from awful injuries a shadow of their former self (which the game does recognise in drops in actual ability compared to potential)

  14. #3194
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,466
    Player is in talks with 2 clubs - me at Clyde and Dundee.

    I have already won the 1st Division so will be playing in the SPL next season, Dundee sit 9th and could get relegated to the 2nd Division.

    Player picks Dundee because they're a bigger club. Wtf?

    Also, why do CPU clubs never give young players professional contracts? Makes it impossible to loan them.

  15. #3195
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,376
    I've had to start ignoring my coaches when deciding whether to give 17 y/os a contract as they never ever ever think the player will make the cut. Have to use a bit more judgement but don't want to risk losing gems.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •