Page 211 of 238 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3556
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I love the idea of taking a side from the Conference North/South all the way but the English leagues have far too many games at that level. IMO it drags.
    Last year I won Champions League twice running with Stafford Rangers.

Great fun doing it, was too hard this year with that Colwyn Bay team, no cash at all. Will do it again when 3rd patch comes out with some other non entity.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Bruce Blows Top
    "Steve Bruce caused a stir by storming out of a press conference intended to announce his appointment as the new Liverpool boss."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Which is funnier - Steve Bruce storming out or being appointed Liverpool boss?

Managed to get Clyde into the 2nd division but for some reason I seem to be finding it harder to attract players. Managed to get a couple of the young guys I had on loan last season on Bosmans and signed Thomas Bendiksen on a free after Rangers released him but other than that, I can barely get anyone to sign for me. Players that have been released by SPL clubs aren't interested, players available for loan from the SPL won't come to me, which means I'm starting preseason with 18 players.

Things will probably get better once I get into the season but it's pretty frustrating. Particularly as my main striker aside, who scored 42 goals last season, the rest of my forwards are complete garbage.

Enjoying my Wigan game, 7th at the moment in my second season. Owen Hargreaves in on a free and despite being injured 5 minutes into his debut has actually played an unrealistic amount of games, Him and players bought from South America make up the bulk of the side.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Which is funnier - Steve Bruce storming out or being appointed Liverpool boss?
    They approached me without me applying for the position, but I decided to say no and stay with Valencia for a fourth season. Not sure how they ended up offering it to Bruce though, he was sacked by Sunderland in my first year, and replaced by Villas-Boas who was sacked by Chelsea at around the same time, don't think he had a job in the interim.

In any case, found another strange bug. Iniesta picked up an injury in December which would put him on the shelf for about a month iirc, this prompted a load of items in my news tray along the lines of "Spain fans dismayed that Iniesta has been ruled out of World Cup, there is no chance for a replacement player to be called up at this late stage!". Hmmm, yes.

Valencia going well, as well as can be expected. Managed to grab a 4th place finish for the 3rd year in a row. Looked mighty shaky at one stage after a few sticky patches throughout the season. But thanks to Sevilla's ineptitude I managed to drag myself back into contention and pip them to it. The fact that they sacked their manager with 5 games of the season left whilst they were in 4th place and everything to play for probably had something to do with this.

Have began to phase out the older players and bring in a load of new young players from South America, just waiting for them to qualify for Spanish Citizenship so that I don't have too many players from outside the EU. The fact that they were signed at an age of 17 years old should also mean they count as home grown players after a while, which is useful. Should be an interesting 4th season in prospect.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Ah well, gone past christmas in Championship with Newcastle, 6 points clear at top with game in hand. Through to knockout stages in Europa Cup where I play Rangers and in League Cup semi which I will lose to Chelsea/Man City.

Been offered 3 jobs by teams in bottom 6 of Championship, yeah like I am going to leave the side top of the table and in europe for them. Still can't sign anyone though, bloody annoying. Hope January window opening might make players talk but even trying to get reserves in from Prem sides on loan won't happen.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Currently sitting top of Division 2 at Christmas, which is miles ahead of expectations.

Got another couple of minor quibbles; one of my star midfielders is a kid I had on loan last season from Aberdeen who I got on a Bosman. Why on earth are the media asking me questions about how well he's settling in and if I'm delighted with his impact? He's already been at the club for a year you muppets.

Second quibble is players that get released from SPL clubs. Fair enough, you wanted to play for a bigger club at a better level. It's now December, you've not had a club for 6 months, but you're asking me for 2,000 a week now that you're actually willing to sign for me. What planet do you live on?

Anyone else having issues with coaches allowed? Started a game with Chelsea (into second season now) and despite apparently being allowed 21 coaches, I've only got 10, and the moment I go to sign someone new the board cancels the deal sighting the reason that we've already got enough coaches.....driving me crazy tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

It'll be because you have too many coaches overall. It may say you are allowed 10 coaches and you only have 5, but you may also find that you are allowed 2 fitness coaches and in actual fact have 3, or you are allowed only 8 youth coaches but in fact you have 15. You need to sack some of the coaches in these areas which there is an excess so that your total number of coaches comes down to below what the overall maximum allowance is.

E.g. The maximum amount of coaches you may be allowed is 10, youth coaches 10, fitness coaches 5, so that's 25 overall.

However, what you may have, is 1 Fitness coach, and 20 youth coaches, and 4 coaches for the first team. I had the exact same problem when I was playing as Chelsea.

Nah I've only got 10 coaches total including youth/goalkeeping etc.

Having googled, it actually seems I'm not the only one with the problem, and it's only become an issue since the last patch....

Arshavin has 9 in 2 preseason games, admittedly against the reserves and Barnet but still, enough reason for a refund IMO

He topped the assists charts in one season on my game, that and Liverpool one the bloody league.

Still enjoying my Wigan game, 7th at the moment early in my 4th season, hoping to sneak into the top 6. Got pissed of with my full-backs being **** so playing 3 at the back with mixed results so far. Transfer fees getting so high though, entierly reliant on free transfers and bringing in 18 year olds from South America, even they are getting too expensive.

Has anyone else actually won anything on this version yet? I thought I'd have a break from Valencia, and started with Chelsea. Absolutely dominated in every competition, but then lost the FA Cup final, Champions League Final, and then league form just went to crap in the last 3 games and missed out on that as well...Similar things happened when I was playing as Arsenal. Wondering if the game really just hates me.

Eds
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Has anyone else actually won anything on this version yet? I thought I'd have a break from Valencia, and started with Chelsea. Absolutely dominated in every competition, but then lost the FA Cup final, Champions League Final, and then league form just went to crap in the last 3 games and missed out on that as well...Similar things happened when I was playing as Arsenal. Wondering if the game really just hates me.
    I've been finding it unbelievably easy, personally. Starting as any of the Premier League's top 7, I find it fairly easy to win the league and more.

Must hate you.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Also the inflated transfer fees are so annoying, and have been for several versions. Really needs to be sorted out. Remember on the last version Arsenal tried to sell a 17 year old who had never played a professional game in his career to me for 29million.

Thread Information