Page 210 of 237 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3546
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Something I find quite funny about the contract negotiations stage, is that occasionally with an Agent who isn't a complete dick, they open by saying something like "my client would like a deal worth 35,000 p/w", and you counter by offering them 1p p/w, and you get the response of "this is a promising start to negotiations, but we will need to make a few improvements" or whatever. Hmmmm, yes.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Game's gonna be harder I heard.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

I find it is a lot more difficult to be honest, not to win games or find an effective tactic etc... But the divisions in general seem to be a lot stronger. In my Valencia game there are about 8 teams who are all vying for a top 4 place, each within about 4-5 points of one another. Doesn't make good reading considering the fact that I have to play Real Madrid and Barcelona away in the next two weeks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I find it quite difficult to keep clean sheets, although it's probably a consequence of how attacking my tactics are.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I find it difficult to keep clean sheets AND score goals, although that's probably a consequence of being Coventry.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

I've found that's not too bad actually. My defence is actually really tight (mainly because Adil Rami is an absolute machine) most of the time, but occasionally has an inexplicable lapse and ships about 8 goals in three games.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I've found that's not too bad actually. My defence is actually really tight (mainly because Adil Rami is an absolute machine) most of the time, but occasionally has an inexplicable lapse and ships about 8 goals in three games.
    Might just be because my keeper at Dortmund is garbage. I'm not too fussed about it, averaged almost 3 goals a game in my first Bundesliga season.

What was annoying was almost dropping 2 points against Bayern Munich when I'd horsed them 4-0 in the first half.

Find that you seem to go on crazy runs of form either winning ever game about 4-1 or horrible runs.

Anyway Malaga have anoyed me and Ive been good teams for too long anyway so started to with Wigan. Interesting start......lost 6-0 to Man utd first game of the season and then 4-3 to Spurs. Could be a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Find that you seem to go on crazy runs of form either winning ever game about 4-1 or horrible runs.

Anyway Malaga have anoyed me and Ive been good teams for too long anyway so started to with Wigan. Interesting start......lost 6-0 to Man utd first game of the season and then 4-3 to Spurs. Could be a long season.
    Yeah I find this as well. Seems no matter what you do in some instances you just can't get the result. You just get a feeling before you even begin a game that it won't go your way.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    There have been complaints on the SI forum about it being too easy is all and that could well be fixed.

Also, only having it available through Steam is a pain in the arse. As long as you remember to "go offline" before you take your laptop to somewhere that doesn't have internet it's ok. But if you don't, then you get all sorts of bother. I hate telling it to start in offline mode, only for it to say "can't access the internet" and then shutting down. Bastard thing.

Forgot how much fun lower league management can be - there's something immensely satisfying about taking a team of no hopers and winning things.

Currently have Clyde sitting top of the Scottish 3rd Divisionit's particularly challenging because there is absolutely **** all money to be made in the lower leagues in Scotland. Hosting Celtic for a preseason friendly looks like an inspired move, because despitre having a wage budget of 1,600 a week I'm losing 20k a month. Hopefully the board won't sell my Irish striker I got on a free, because he's far too good for the division and without him I'll strugglw to score goals.

However, being this low down has revealed another gripe. Player comes to me to moan about not getting first team football. I tell him I'll try and find him a new club. Now bear in mind that no teams this low down have any money to spend, and there's a bit of a problem with transfer listing him. So I suggest that the player in question terminates his contract - while he's only on 50 a week, when my budget is 1,600 and I'm 100 over that then 50 a week is quite a large sum of money to be paying someone to do nothing for me. Now you'd think that a player who wanted to leave and find a new club would be open to the idea of being released, but apparently not. Instead he seeks another meeting to voice his concerns. This is stupid.

Siem de Jong came complaining to me about a lack of first team football after he made 24 consecutive starts. Told him he had to prove he needed to earn his place in the side and dropped him, and his morale went up. Strange game.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Started with Colwyn Bay, won 2 promotions in a row to get into the league and lost 2 FA Trophy finals as well. Stuffed financially as they spent 250k at end of first season to improve ground then started building a new ground when I got in the league. Despite the fact my total wage bill was still only allowed to be 4500 a week I was losing 30k a month, wasn't looking to leave but in January when top of League 2 and with a replay in cup at West Ham to look forward to I was offered Newcastle job.

Bottom of Prem, and 12 points adrift, went down on final day of season but won FA Cup with penalty shootout win over Liverpool. Got half the team wanting out, can't sign any decent players but have 40m in bank. Won Charity Shield on penalties, into group stages of Europa League and 5th after 6 games but have unhappy squad as I have gone back on promises to sign players, bit difficult when they won't even speak about terms.

I love the idea of taking a side from the Conference North/South all the way but the English leagues have far too many games at that level. IMO it drags.

Thread Information