• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha so quick update.

16 games played (so at the winter break part of the season now).

14 wins.

2 draws.

39 goals for.

3 goals against.

0 signings.

1st in the table. 10 points clear of Barcelona who are in 2nd.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha so quick update.

16 games played (so at the winter break part of the season now).

14 wins.

2 draws.

39 goals for.

3 goals against.

0 signings.

1st in the table. 10 points clear of Barcelona who are in 2nd.
Update:

24 games played.

20 wins.

4 draws.

57 scored.

6 conceded.....

Shri

Mr. Glass
Playing FM12 with a couple of saves. One with a lot of cheating(maxing out the youth academy/youth recruitment for a conference side in addition to maxing out attributes for my coaches, I mean, not much else) and the other one is legit. Found this wonderkid on my cheat save for Vauxhal Motors and he looks so promising. So good that I went on wiki to read about Altrincham - his birthplace. Left footed striker who turns 17 in a month. He's on a bs youth deal atm and I'll offer him a full time contract the day he turns 17:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well, the arrows are used to indicate off the ball runnings. So, where you want your players to run to whilst your team has the ball basically. As for the tick boxes, I think you'd have to ask about each one specifically, as I cba to go through each and every one individually haha.
9 years ago sledger was less jaded

:lol:

Shri

Mr. Glass
i think i jinxed him.

no goals in the next few games

if i go to talk to him about his form he says everything's fine

Shri

Mr. Glass
the game is stupid

left footed striker so i put him in the stcl position and he didn't score a single goal

switched him back to stc and he's scoring again

Shri

Mr. Glass
i think i am going to nickname him puppy

no matter what i say during team talks he always gets delighted, motivated etc

cpr

International Coach
the game is stupid

left footed striker so i put him in the stcl position and he didn't score a single goal

switched him back to stc and he's scoring again
Its due to his stronger foot being the one away from the centre of goal, so if he's running channels etc, he's shooting from outside the post and back across, making it easier for the keeper. Playing on the right of attack means he's on his stronger foot when moving inwards/towards the centre of goal, allowing him to open up his shot and side foot it, giving more accuracy, and also more choice in which way to put it past the keeper.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, should be.

cpr is right though, which side of a central role a player is put in can effect their output hugely. Though you're probably right that the game has exaggerated it a bit in your case. You'd expect a probable downturn in performance doing what you did, but not to that extent.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finished the league in first with 101 points.

1 loss (a 1-0 defeat away to At Bilbao).
Am attempting a version of Sledger Valencia on FM18 with Leicester. The goals bit is working fine, 36 in 12 league games, but the unfortunately the defence is horrible with 26 conceded. 5th overall which is decent enough I suppose.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha I moved to Arsenal since there was not much left to achieve with Valencia.

7 games out of 7 won in the league so far using the same system.

Might try a change or formation at some point though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Turns out FM Touch (not FM Mobile) on Tablet is actually really good.

Just a stripped down version of the full game, sans all the features I don't use, but including all those that I do. Feels like playing CM01/02 but with some of the better newer features and the full match engine.

Same engine etc. but runs so much better and faster, and you can sync your save files between pc/tablet.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Two seasons as Leicester. Two 7th place finishes. FA Cup runners up and a Europa League semi-final appearance in the second year though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
New FM seems up to scratch as usual. Playing as Arsenal and just got thrashed by Leicester, so seems realistic enough