• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

cpr

International Coach
My Utd save seems to have hit 2nd season blues. A few poor league performances, after beating Wigan on opening day lost away to Spurs and Chelsea and a home draw with Liverpool. Semi revived with 4-5 game winning runs only to throw away an away game (Watford, Everton...)

Sold off probably too many in the summer. Fletcher, Smalling, Nani, Fellaini, Blind all gone. Chicarito being a **** - demanding a move to Milan (before he's even seen how much game time I was going to give him), arsed about all window with them offering peanuts. Finally made an acecptable bid, but he didn't agree terms for a week - 3 days after the window shut. So now he's moving in January, causing a stink in the squad as he's unhappy I've not allowed him the move (??), and I didn't get chance to replace him. Henriquez is starting to show his potential at least, and might see if I can recall Wilson from loan.

Only real summer signing was Srna to give Rafael some competition, at £2.5m a bit of a steal. Zivkovic is coming in from Ajax, I've loaned him back for the season. Had signed Romero at the end of the winter window last season, promoted him to first team this year and let Fellaini/Blind go. Think I'm over pushing him though and need a decent back-up/competition for him.

cpr

International Coach
I've just noticed its 12 games since I kept a clean sheet, and that was a smash and grab defensive match at City. 17 since my team's played normally and kept the opposition out. In that time Watford, Sunderland and West Ham have scored twice, Athletico, Hull and PSV 3 (though I did win that one 9-3, was coming off the back of the 2-1 loss at Watford), and Everton hit 4. Definitely need to tweak with the defensive side of my tactic...

cpr

International Coach
Sold a young midfielder, Tielemans, to Southampton for £9m, bit of a loss but he wasn't going to get first team football soon, indeed ever if I factor in the other youngsters in. Also got Ward-Prowse for £10m off them and I need English players in my squad.

Rooney is ****ed off about it, and still is in October, as he felt I've weakened the squad - he's not noticed I've also spent £60m on Pogba for the exact same position then.... It's killing morale.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Went back to this over the weekend, finished off my 3rd season at Dortmund with my 2nd consecutive double - sadly no Champions League this time as I got my tactics badly wrong against Barcelona in the 1st leg of the quarters and went out.

Took the Man City job after they finished 5th - I absolutely pissed in the Bundesliga and the AI being ****e means that I'd be skooshing it for ages so wanted a different challenge. I'll probably get bored of the City save after a while because the team I've signed during the summer is insanely good.

Have they actually fixed any of the long term issues around how crap the AI actually is for FM15?

cpr

International Coach
Not really, and i'm finding, especially with the latest patch, keeping a clean sheet is nigh on impossible. Most of my games are finishing 3 or 4-2 or the like, me having 30 shots to the oppositions 4.

I'm on season 4 (still on my Utd save, moved it to the new laptop), going to win a 4th league title (yawn), FA Cup semi with no one decent left, so potentially 3rd straight double (yawn), already on 100+ goals for the 4th season with 5 games to go (conceeded about 50 though, even with De Gea in net and Jones/Balanta in front of him).... etc etc.

Just can't crack the CL - QF each year
Season 2 Arsenal did me 6-4 on Agg (went on to win it)
Season 3 Leverkusen beat me home and away
Season 4 I beat Barca 1-0 at home, before going 3-0 down in 20 mins away, pulled it back to 4-3, so looking good on away goals with 20 mins left - Lost 8-3....

in 30 CL games my aggregate score is 96-56, which shows how mental it is to keep the goals out, as well as how many I'm scoring.

Was tempted to do what you'd done and walk away to another league, was going to use contract talks as an excuse to go, as Utd wouldn't offer me more than £100k a week (Mourinho, who i'm ****ting on, is on £170k, even this seasons City manager, can't remember who, is on £140k), but decided to sign anyway in the end.

Also the England manager too, with the World Cup coming up in a few months, can't wait to be knocked out in the second round.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bizarrely, Vincenzo Montella, who's taken over my Dortmund side, has decided that the best thing to do with a first team squad who's pissed in 3 (5) consecutive league titles and who have an average age of 22 is to sell virtually the entire first XI. Granted, I've signed 3 players but one of those signings (Schmelzer) was because I needed a left back and he'd been stuck on the transfer list for £9m.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And his big marquee summer signing is an AMR, which he doesn't need because I've left Dortmund one of the best youngsters in the game in that position (regen).

#fmaisucks

cpr

International Coach
I've got Romero doing the Roy Keane role for me, he's valued at £28m now, which means PSG will bid for him every other week offering me £5m up front, £10m over a year, then stupid clauses to take it to £30m or so. They've done it about 6 times now, there's no way I'm going to sell him for face value, especially if half the moneys in clauses.

However they did offer £33m + an extra £17m in clauses for a 29 year old rather injury prone Di Maria, thought I might as well recoup most of it when i've Januzaj looking good and Yarmolenko and Mata scoring for fun (Mata won the Goalden book last year with 26 goals in 32 games)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Enjoyed this one well enough. Had a decent Spurs save, won Europa League in first season and then two league titles, no Champions League win though. Started a Betis game, the first season is really easy with them but it is a right old slog just getting through all the games so not really played much in the last month.

The shots thing is stupid though, With Spurs I would quite regularly have 40+ per game. Now, I was playing with inside forwards who like to shoot, and no striker but it still seemed stupid. When I played with Palace it was not all the dissimilar either, remember getting a point against Chelsea despite them having about 55 shots.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got Romero doing the Roy Keane role for me, he's valued at £28m now, which means PSG will bid for him every other week offering me £5m up front, £10m over a year, then stupid clauses to take it to £30m or so. They've done it about 6 times now, there's no way I'm going to sell him for face value, especially if half the moneys in clauses.

However they did offer £33m + an extra £17m in clauses for a 29 year old rather injury prone Di Maria, thought I might as well recoup most of it when i've Januzaj looking good and Yarmolenko and Mata scoring for fun (Mata won the Goalden book last year with 26 goals in 32 games)
Hope it's more readable and with less typos :ph34r:

cpr

International Coach
Haha, wow. Sadly i didn't even notice when I re-read the post, and I went back to that part as well. Even throwing out the spaz card can't defend that one...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Be grateful that you haven't tried Fifa Manager then.
Heh, I played manager mode on a FIFA game for a while as Barca. The board forced me to sell Lionel Messi for 250mil (to ****ing Real Madrid, no less), which I was then able to use to sign literally every other good player in the game (including Cristiano Ronaldo).

cpr

International Coach
Ridiculous World Cup. Beat Argentina 4-0 in the group (they went out on GD to Japan). Dispatched Uruguay 3-0 in R2, Spain 5-2 in QF, before beating Italy 7-4 in the Semi.

Come WC final v France, went 2-0 down before Rooney scored just before half time. Sturridge equalised on 76, they scored on 80, before Rooney scores a pen a min later. 3-3 FT

First period of ET only notable for Wiltshire picking up a second yellow, before they scored on 110.... Tried to chase the game a man down and ended up letting in two more.

Utd board keep on giving me huge transfer budgets, which I eschew in the main for young talent (or £70m on Pogba a few years ago). Even taking Pogba into consideration I'm £20m up on transfer fees over the last 3 years. Also about £1.5m below the wage budget.

So this summer I brought Ronaldo back to OT for £15m (he is 33!), then spent £90m on a 31 year old Messi. Because **** you City, basically.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Heh, I played manager mode on a FIFA game for a while as Barca. The board forced me to sell Lionel Messi for 250mil (to ****ing Real Madrid, no less), which I was then able to use to sign literally every other good player in the game (including Cristiano Ronaldo).
It had its moments I suppose. Constantly keeping my son in the reserves and trolling him mercilessly was fun.