Page 172 of 238 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3556
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

cpr
    Ah CM Italia, havent played that in years! Might dig it out now and have a couple of seasons
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Ok so the last patch for FM 09 is out. Was a beta tester for it and had to sign a NDA so couldn't say much. Improvement?
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Wouldn't know have being playing to much Football Manager Live which i have to say is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Won the prem in my second season at Man City, and the game has such crazy low release fee cause for Fazio and Benzema (he joined Villarreal) so I just had to step in and buy them. Also managing Nigeria on the side, and in the 2010 World Cup I have got us to the Quarter Final against Mexico which I will play tonight.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

cpr
    FM had a fine moment here that i just had to share

Personally managing Villa (first club to sack their manager in season 1. Started unemployed but with a decent rep), had to laugh at the Man Utd score there. Bradford had 0 players sent off either, Midfielders scoring 0.2 and a blank in total
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been play FM09 for a while now. Started off with Blackburn but got bored surprisingly. Started again trying my hand with a BSN club Workington. Actually find the game more enjoyable trying to build a club up from virtually scratch.

Going pretty well in my first season. 4th in BSN with 4 games to play. Virtually assured of a playoff spot and have a good record against the other clubs at the top so hopefully I can manage a promotion. Learned really early on not to trust my assistants opinions on players. The "best striker at the club" (Arnison) was terrible scoring 1 goal in 10 games, and the striker considered "a long way off" the best striker and should be offloaded asap (J Wright), is now the clubs top scorer with 16 goals in 25 games. Funny though, because Arnison has better stats than Wright IIRC.

My savior has been a sister club arrangement with L1 club Carlisle. Got 3 players on loan and they have been a class above everything in the division.

Great game Having a blast.

Diggin this new patch. You have to vary your tactics a lot more and the game doesnt suddenly become piss easy when you get cashed up after the 2nd season. In a ding dong title race right now. 7 games to go sitting in third 3 points behind Chelsea. My only concern is that strikers in general score less and you have to rely on your midfield and set pieces to get breakthroughs in a lot of games. This looks like a league wide thing, the top 5 or so teams also top the dead ball goal lists as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Have being playing a challenge that's on the SI forums were you holiday the first season and manage a club who has just being promoted to the BSN/S choose Witton Albion as they were the club with the lowest rep and managed to get promoted in the first season. Finished the second season in a comfortable mid-table finish (16th i believe), I'm current;y awaiting what will happen next season.

Am doing that too. Currently in The Championship with Boston Utd with straight promotions but just one league title. Not expecting to be promoted this season mind you.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I've gone back to playing CM0102 in the last couple of weeks.

Just taken S****horpe United to the Premier League title - midfield of Gattuso, Mendieta and Moukoko tearing sides apart. Bit easy really, although we lost 3 of the last 4 games.

Oh, I forgot about the Scunny thing. Filter pwn3d.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Still with my renamed version of King's Lynn, currently in my third Championship season. Last season lost to Newcastle away and drew at home in a playoff semifinal, was gutted. But this season am gunning for promotion, the only thing standing in my way is my players who constantly complain that I won't let them go from their four year contracts to go to a bigger club. Maybe don't sign the contract earlier that season then, you muppets! Either way, have some big players lined up to replace them so as to improve the squad harmony and then make a nice push onwards to Premier League glory while the bastard traitors can wallow in the Championship forever (much like all the others that have got a big head so far!). It's hard when you're dealing with about 4,000-6,000 average attendance, though. Still, the finances are listed as very secure, I have 150,000 or so for wages and roughly 6,000,000 for transfers so it's not terrible... just financing the side by buying in good young players and building them up and selling them at a massive profit.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Am a beta tester for FM 2010. Suggestions and bugs please.

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Am a beta tester for FM 2010. Suggestions and bugs please.
    Bring back being able to control Match Speed and Highlight Speed with separate sliders

Had a gratuitous stroke of luck the other day. Made the BSN playoff final. Over 2 legs it ended up going to penalties. Was down 3-4 with only the 5th round of kicks to come. My player steps up to the plate. And stops. Stood there for 15-20 minutes but never took the kick. The game had crashed just as I was about to be bundled out.

Gave up and went back to the last save, before the first leg of the final. Drew the first leg, won the second. Got promoted Thank you buggy FM09!!!

3rd season with Arsenal managed to qualify for the Champions League final for the first time. Will be facing frigging Dinamo Kiev in the big one though which is a big wtf? Had to knock out Villarreal, Chelsea and Madrid to get this far, I just can't **** this up.

Thread Information