• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, MLS sucks, tried a couple of times, and never got past the first couple of games. Had a few good games in Japan, not on recent FM's, but remember a decent save as Jubilo Iwata a few years back (maybe 03/04 but can't remember). Never enjoyed the MLS though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Going to break out the demo, start as Real Madrid on easy, sign as many big names as I possibly can afford and then ask you ****s to fix up my completely nonsensical positioning and tactics.

Predicting relegation.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Going to break out the demo, start as Real Madrid on easy, sign as many big names as I possibly can afford and then ask you ****s to fix up my completely nonsensical positioning and tactics.

Predicting relegation.
Erm, just to let you know, there's no difficulty levels in FM. But good luck. Madrid probably a good place to start. Can't really go too badly wrong with Ronaldo, Bale, and Benzema up top.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Erm, just to let you know, there's no difficulty levels in FM. But good luck. Madrid probably a good place to start. Can't really go too badly wrong with Ronaldo, Bale, and Benzema up top.
Eh, assumed there was. Point stands anyway -- I'll be utterly useless.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think starting with video games and so on is a really good way to get into sports and help understand them tbh (not calling you a n00b, Dan. I just can't remember if you're a particular fan, and am making a general point). A lot of my interest in cricket and American football definitely stems from playing the EA games on the PS2, and I think I certainly look at football in a different way due to having played FM in it's various incarnations for 10+ years.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Sort of, but not really though. It does if you're starting as unemployed, and you're likely to get sacked slightly quicker if you underperform, but when it comes to actually managing the squad there's no change in difficulty. If you pick the right tactic, and set the right team instructions, the team will perform well whether you're a sunday-league footballer, or an International.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well yeah, its not like the opposition become super human if you choose 'Sunday League Footballer' but the players are less likely to listen to you, morale takes a beating and is impossible to reverse, signings can be harder to make and the board keep you on a much tighter leash. It definitely makes the game in whole a lot tougher

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well yeah, its not like the opposition become super human if you choose 'Sunday League Footballer' but the players are less likely to listen to you, morale takes a beating and is impossible to reverse, signings can be harder to make and the board keep you on a much tighter leash. It definitely makes the game in whole a lot tougher
Yeah, this.

Pothas

Started unemployed as a semi-pro or whatever it was and took a whole season to get a job, it is fine at that level once you get one though.

Jarquis

Started unemployed and automatic which is how I ended up at Northampton after 14 months of unsuccessful applications

King Pietersen

International Captain
You guys ever tried the Pentagon challenge? Start unemployed, as a sunday league footballer, and get a job, normally in the South African 2nd Division, try and win the African version of Champions League and start from there trying to win every continental competition. I've started, but never persisted with it. Might try and get a save going before FM15 comes out.

The Pentagon Challenge

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So I just won a pre-season friendly 4-1 vs Portland (of all teams).

-------------------- Casillas --------------------
Marcelo --- Pepe --- Ramos --- Nacho
-------------------- Khedira --------------------
------------- Modric --- Alonso --------------
Di Maria ---------------------------- Ronaldo
------------------- Benzema -------------------

Marcelo playing as a Complete Wing Back, Pepe and Ramos on the default Central Defender, Nacho as a Limited Wing Back
Khedira is a straight-up Defensive Midfielder
Modric playing Box to Box, Alonso as a Deep Lying Playmaker
Di Maria as an Inside Forward, Ronaldo as a Winger
Benzema set to Poacher (was considering Deep Lying Forward)

Trying to run a passing game, but I have NFI what I'm doing (sledger, I am a complete n00b; no offence taken).

No idea who to clear out to supplement my seemingly tiny (17mil) transfer budget. I want to try and grab a really classy DM, and hopefully a better RB as well.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Got both of them but had no idea if they were any good (or how to find out), so I picked Nacho because he's got an awesome name (and it's only pre-season).

I'll have a look at those two -- no idea who else to approach tbh. Oh and I'm looking to sell Arbeloa to raise some cash. No real future with him, I guess.

PSG want Coentrau for 8mil, and AC Milan are also apparently interested. Hopefully I can set them against each other.

Tempted to bring in Hugo Mallo, but if the two other right backs are pretty decent, there isn't much point I guess.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
If you click on the player you should see a star rating, if you click that star rating, it gives a report (drawn up by your Assistant) about the player, and on the right-hand side you should see a list of who's best in each position. I'd say Carvajal is the best RB you have, and one of the best young RB's on the game. I'd look at De Sciglio of Milan, or Danilo of Porto if you want another good young RB though.

Can't really go wrong with either Bender brother, or if you want a younger player, Kondogbia would be great, but could be expensive. Khedira should do for the first season though, he's pretty good.