• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bizarre.

Have managed to get Bologna (newly promoted to Serie A with £1.8m to spend and the 2nd smallest wage bill) into the Champions League after Inter imploded to take 1 point from their last 2 games. Not got a lot to spend again, albeit more than last year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Made John Terry a player coach on my Chelsea game.

Just received the following message:

John Terry has been impressing John Terry on the training pitch this month.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone ever successfully asked the board to build a new stadium? I've been regularly selling out Stamford Bridge for more than two years but they still say there is no demand for a new ground.
I know I'm a bit late, but interestingly in my current game (Workington - currently in BSP) the board took out a loan for a new stadium that I didn't ask for, and the club doesn't need. Average attendance is 300 odd, and the stadium we had was 2500 capacity. We hadn't been promoted yet, but now that we have the club is deeply in debt and the board have advised me that wages will be threadbare for a few years.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You must have been thrilled :laugh:
Thrilled like a mallet to my head ;)

Top it off the ****s that I won BSN with who were coming off contract decided that they wanted to near double their wage demands. Had to let go of pretty much every half decent player I had and start again, though I kept a few who didn't leave when their contracts expired (ironically they're being paid about half what they were the previous year). Managed to construct a team by snaring a ton of decent frees who I'm paying by appearance. They'll be snapped up by other clubs if they go well but I don't have much choice at this point.

Love that a greedy player asking for stupid wages pisses me off like it would a manager irl :laugh:

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Just been told Given will miss the European Championships due to injury. He's out for 8 days. Its February.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The SPL actually seems to be easier than the First Division. Currently got my Clyde team sitting 2nd, 2 points behind Celtic, although I'm doling out quite a few thrashings, which just didn't happen in the division below. Dished out a couple, but mostly got by with being solid and winning 1-0 and 2-0. Now I've come up I'm whipping established SPL sides 4-1 and 5-1.

Not that I'm complaining. After 14 games I've already amassed enough points that survival should be a piece of cake :D

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ended up finishing 2nd. Was in contention for the title up until the split, then visited Celtic Park last game before the split and got thumped 4-1, which kicked off a 5 game winless run. On the plus side I did win the Scottish Cup.

Star striker who's score 123 league goals in 4 years wanted £19,000 a week (my wage budget is £18,500) so he got sold to Swansea for £5m, Thomas Bendiksen wasn't even interested in extending his contract so he's off to Charlton for £3.5m. Which means that a) I have a ****load of cash sitting in the club's bank account and b) for the first time I can actually spend money. :D

So what do I do? Pick up a couple of promising Polish midfielders that my scout has recommended from Legia Warsaw for free, sign Jamie Ness (who's better than Bendiksen anyway) on a free and splash out the princely sum of £250,000 on a promising young Swedish striker (who, by virtue of being the first player I've ever paid money for, is guaranteed to fail.) Principles ftw.

I've also split off this game, as Leeds sacked Allardyce after playoff failure, so I've also got the option of trying to take Leeds back to the Premiership, which could be a good challenge if I can be bothered.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been having a bit of a problem with a bug recently. At the end of my first year my first load of youth talent came on trial with the club. The club had no youth players previously, so I had planned to sign all of them as they're pretty cheap. I started the process of offering each youth player on trial a youth contract, managing to offer two contracts before realising the notice had a "Sign All" button. I signed all the players and continued on.

However the two players I initially signed (one is a very promising goalkeeper who is second in line at the moment) ended up having two contracts. They're pretty cheap so the money doesn't worry me, but there is two listings for the same player in the team. If I break one contract the player leaves (which I really don't want), but the real problem is that if I include either in the senior team I can't assign the same number to the player as the player has two rows, nor can I assign different numbers to the same player. I can't get into the match if a player has no number, but there's no way of giving this guy a number. Including this player in the team actually caused a match I was unable to enter or back out of, and I had to load my previous save which was an hour or so back. Very frustrating.

Has any one else had a situation like this? How would I go about fixing it?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Minimum release clause of £0 to foreign clubs apparently means when some ****ty League 1 club wants to loan a player, the offer is accepted because it meets a clause in his contract.

Annoying.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So this is going to sound like a stupid question but anyway. How does one (or is it even possible to) send a player on loan for longer than 1 season?

Eg. Matej Delac - a young GK in the Chelsea squad, can't get a work permit in England, so I want to send him on loan to Belgium for the required time to get his work permit. Is it possible to do this without having to renegotiate the loan at the end of every season?

Am I just dreaming that this is even possible...or overlooking something complete obvious?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So this is going to sound like a stupid question but anyway. How does one (or is it even possible to) send a player on loan for longer than 1 season?

Eg. Matej Delac - a young GK in the Chelsea squad, can't get a work permit in England, so I want to send him on loan to Belgium for the required time to get his work permit. Is it possible to do this without having to renegotiate the loan at the end of every season?

Am I just dreaming that this is even possible...or overlooking something complete obvious?
You can definitely extend a player's loan if you have him on loan - I'm not sure if you can do it when you're the club sending him out on loan.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just have to send him to a feeder club at the start of every season. Shouldn't be too much hassle.
Mmm that's what I'd planned to do, but was a little worried if doing this would stuff up the conditions required to gain citizenship in countries which required the player to be in that counrty continuously (given that the player returns to your club, even if it is only for a day - at the end of each season).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Mmm that's what I'd planned to do, but was a little worried if doing this would stuff up the conditions required to gain citizenship in countries which required the player to be in that counrty continuously (given that the player returns to your club, even if it is only for a day - at the end of each season).
Belgium's accumulative is it not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Had an odd one in a game today.

Opposition defender goes in hard on my player in first 90 seconds of the game, injuring himself in the process.

Delay as he's carried off then treated then comes back on to be shown a red card after 5 minutes of the game.

Still only got 2 minutes injury time in the first half.