• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

cpr

International Coach
Just seen a press conference where Trappatoni was asked if so-and-so was really ready for his international debut.... must've sleepwalked through the 90 mins he played the month before then....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ever find a coach randomly saying someone needs to be dropped when you've been really pleased with them?
Usually goalkeepers, because if you're winning games comfortably they only score 6.8 or 6.9 because they have **** all to do, so a couple of games where you lose and the keeper doesn't do too well and all of a sudden he should be dropped.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only player Rice has wanted to drop is Marek Hamsik who, to be fair, has been playing like absolute horse****. Marquee signing my arse.

Elsewhere, Iker Muniain.... have my babies. kthxbai

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hamsik has been decidedly iffy for me as well. I wonder if he is one of these players who despite having good stats just isn't any good. Have put it down to him taking time to adjust after his move.

Ended up winning the league in my second season with Chelsea, finished one point ahead of City. Had a horrible last game of the season against City, basically a cup final for the league title. Had to go to their ground and avoid defeat in order to guarantee top spot. Took the risky option and decided to park the bus (which I hardly ever do) because Mata was injured and he was the only player I had who could create chances. Took an early lead which I held till about 25 minutes to go, conceded an equalizer and then somehow managed to hang on for dear life until the final whistle.

Team has undergone a big overhaul in the close season though, current first team is:

--------------------------------------Cech

Vrsaljko ------- Hummels ------ Subotic --------- Santon/Jose Angel

------------------------------------- Fellaini

------------------------ Meireles ----------- Hamsik

Sturridge/ Willian --------------------------------------------------------- Mata

-----------------------------Leandro Damiao

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Still have him, he's just in terminal decline and has been relegated to the bench. May just get rid entirely sooner or later as Lukaku is coming along nicely, and seeing as I'm playing a system which requires only one striker there's not a lot of point in having 3 players all vying for a starting position.

Will have to replace Cech soon as well, he's also on the decline. Very interested in Szczesny, though he may prove to be a bit expensive.

Eds

International Debutant
Still have him, he's just in terminal decline and has been relegated to the bench. May just get rid entirely sooner or later as Lukaku is coming along nicely, and seeing as I'm playing a system which requires only one striker there's not a lot of point in having 3 players all vying for a starting position.

Will have to replace Cech soon as well, he's also on the decline. Very interested in Szczesny, though he may prove to be a bit expensive.
Being "relegated" suggests he was actually starting in the first place. :ph34r:

And yeah, highly recommend Chesney, myself. Well, he was excellent on my long-term Arsenal save on FM2011. Trusted him from the start, and had him until the 17/18 season, IIRC, at which point I was dominating so hard, I just got a world class youngster in for 30-odd-million to replace him and sold him for £17million or something similar. Definitely worth a punt though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also, only 75% confidence for reaching the Scottish Cup final when.I was in the 1st division is a bit stupid.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Being "relegated" suggests he was actually starting in the first place. :ph34r:

And yeah, highly recommend Chesney, myself. Well, he was excellent on my long-term Arsenal save on FM2011. Trusted him from the start, and had him until the 17/18 season, IIRC, at which point I was dominating so hard, I just got a world class youngster in for 30-odd-million to replace him and sold him for £17million or something similar. Definitely worth a punt though.
He was absolutely on fire at the start of my second season, but he picked up a 4 month injury and his stats plummeted and he's not been able to return to his former self.

But yeah, will go for Chesney, is looking like an excellent prospect and will have home grown status as well. Might have to butter up Van Gaal in the press (Wenger was sacked) so he'll be more open to the idea.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still struggling and Stuart Pearce has started attending games with a view to applying for my job WAC. Applied for the England job after Mancini was sacked though, and to my surprise was offered it. I then decided it would be boring and wanted to dig Spurs out of the hole I've somehow got them in this season. Just got owned in the North London derby though and I've got Man U next, but the recently vacated Ipswich job is looking an attractive destination if they dump me soon.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Has anyone ever successfully asked the board to build a new stadium? I've been regularly selling out Stamford Bridge for more than two years but they still say there is no demand for a new ground.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has anyone ever successfully asked the board to build a new stadium? I've been regularly selling out Stamford Bridge for more than two years but they still say there is no demand for a new ground.
Think it depends on the max attendance value in the editor - if you go Rangers then you usually find the board will increase the capacity to 64,000.

My Clyde board are building a new ground that I didn't ask for - have asked for it in the past and been told there's no money. Think the fact we're now in the SPL and the board don't own the ground is a factor. Hoping the new ground gets named after me.

cpr

International Coach
In the last FM Spurs built a new ground after I'd left (I'd left because we couldn't compete without the money of a bigger stadium - That and Barca asked nicely) - Despite me winning the UEFA cup, then the Double, followed by the Champions League in my final season, they now all attend The Glenn Hoddle Stadium.

Chelsea were the imaginative 'Chelsea Stadium'

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got the boot, nothing I did would work, had obviously lost the dressing room, maybe I slept with one of the players' wives or something

The only other job available is Bolton, **** that. Will give it a few weeks (in game time) and if nothing comes up maybe start a new one.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bolton offered me the job within 30 seconds of me making that post, told them where to stick it, applied for jobs with Rushden & Carlisle and to my bemusement was declined for both. Started a new game with my local team Vauxhall Motors. They have a parent/feeder club partnership with the mighty whites on the game so I've attempted to make my first Tottenham signing my first Vauxhall signing by bidding to take Dale Jennings on a season long loan. Highly unlikely but as I'm on FM11 he hasn't actually debuted at the start of the season so we'll see :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, on a somewhat related note, what happens if you slag off the chairman in an interview? I always get asked what my relationship with the chairman is like, and always say it's good or decline to answer. Can you get sacked if you say he's a **** or whatever?

I'm wondering how it is actually possible to have a good or bad relationship with the Chairman in these games, as you can't interact. Shame they took the old "issue an ultimatum" feature out of the game tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've never been asked about my relationship with the Chairman on FM11. Do get to interact with the board though, mainly to whine about them not giving me enough money, but I guess it's not specifically with the chairman.

The ultimatum feature was good in theory but usually resulted in the sack even if you were top of the league by miles.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've never been asked about my relationship with the Chairman on FM11. Do get to interact with the board though, mainly to whine about them not giving me enough money, but I guess it's not specifically with the chairman.

The ultimatum feature was good in theory but usually resulted in the sack even if you were top of the league by miles.
The best I ever got when I tried it was something along the lines of "We appreciate the work you have done for the club in the past, but we can't grant your request. Please don't resign".

I remember the request match postponement feature never worked either, even when I had an insane number of international call ups and injuries.

The board seem to have got sick of me asking for stuff on my game at the moment. Though I get the message saying that my facilities are no longer state of the art, I'm not able to request an upgrade for some reason. Or to expand the ground, only allowed to ask for a new stadium, which they refuse without fail.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's a bit different being Vauxhall compared to Tottenham. All my players are part-time and the most I can offer a player as a wage is £140 a week.

Any tips, obviously aiming to go through the leagues. Furball, given you've been climbing up with Clyde what should I do. I've started by cutting some deadwood to reduce the wage bill.