• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

cpr

International Coach
Had to get it through Steam last night..... Hate that pile of, well, steaming ****, but no choice.

Playing the demo a bit more, not noticed much difference bar its a bit more statty but a bit more difficult to access the stats you want, rather than the useless stuff it gives you. Don't really see too much improvement, not worth forking out for anyway.

cpr

International Coach
Oh OK, I admit it, I've been won over.

Matchday seems so much nicer, loving the team talks now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How's everyone finding FM12?

I'm utterly smashing my way through the Bundesliga with Dortmund. Very satisfying.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well taking Coventry is bound to make things difficult, and am getting so many injuries at once (9 or 10 players missing from some early games) - got them fit and am lower-mid table in the Championship with a Carling Cup semi to come (having somehow knocked out a Chelsea side containing 6 or 7 first team regulars whilst I rested some of my experienced players for the league)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've enjoyed it a lot, and played it far more than I probably should have done.

Couple of annoying things were thrown up though, got sacked from Arsenal for failing to achieve the goal of challenging for the Premiership, despite being in first place for the majority of the season before falling away (in true Arsenal style) towards the end, and finishing in 3rd, 3 points behind eventual winners City.

Similarly, whilst at Arsenal, I tried to loan out Park for the last 6 months of the season to PSG, but he refused to move unless I paid him some wages until the end of his contract....

Anyway, after a failed venture with Fulham, I'm now halfway through a season with Valencia. In 2nd place after 20 games, and have been on an amazing run, but their huge bank loan you start with at the beginning of the game is eating very quickly into club finances, which is becoming a big worry. Need the end of the season to come around so that I can use the Champions League TV Revenue/Prize money and the season ticket revenue for next season to pay it off. Hopefully after that there will be some left to buy some new players, as Canales' loan will come to an end, and I'm not sure if Real will let me have him for another year....

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well taking Coventry is bound to make things difficult, and am getting so many injuries at once (9 or 10 players missing from some early games) - got them fit and am lower-mid table in the Championship with a Carling Cup semi to come (having somehow knocked out a Chelsea side containing 6 or 7 first team regulars whilst I rested some of my experienced players for the league)
Yeah got a stupid amount of injuries with Brentford and after winning my fist 5 games have gone on awful run, decided to leave that one for a while.

Playing as Malaga now which is a lot more fun, 4th after a 6 game winning run was ended by Christiano Ronaldo.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How's everyone finding FM12?

I'm utterly smashing my way through the Bundesliga with Dortmund. Very satisfying.
Haven’t played FM since its 2007 incarnation but having played around with the 2012 demo on Steam, I thought it was a load of bollocks. Agent fees, pre-match, half-time and post-match team talks is not for me and for some reason it’s very easy. Gone back to Champ Man 2001/02, still the best and I can run all the leagues with and complete a season in 4 hours using my work laptop!

Anyone interested in CM 2001/02, its available for free legal download and there is some great patches and all up-to-date data updates available, so it can be current but keep the great accessibility the original CM games had. Currently trying to win La Liga with Malaga, got the cash (well $20mm), got a 35 year old Ruud and I've just bought Everton's Ross Barkley, Jack Rodwell and Marouane Fellaini for a deal valued at $40mm after selling half my squad.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Had a disasterous few results this morning, which makes you wonder if the game is just out to screw you over. Lost at home to Granada 1-0 after completely dominating. Beat Bayern Munich 5-0 in the first leg of the first round of Champions League knock out games, and then lost the second leg 6-0 after conceding 3 goals in the last ten minutes. Decided it was time to step back for a while at this point, otherwise I fear the laptop would have been thrown out of the window.

Pothas

Really enjoying this now, still only half way through my first season with Malaga but in a great run of form having won 8 in a row and scored at least 3 goals in each of my last 7 games. Currently 2nd and 7 points clear of Madrid. Is a shame Barca win every game.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Valenica going along quite nicely in my second season now. Managed to scrape into 4th place after Villareal somehow lost at home on the last day of the season to Granada, allowing me to jump above them by one point. The debt that required repayments of £3.5m per month have now been paid off, and after not spending much on new players in the summer the club's finances are now pretty strong (have about £40m in the bank at the moment).

New signings over the summer include: Royston Drenthe on a free transfer, McDonald Mariga on a free transfer, Mario Balotelli on loan, and Romario, an 18 year old Brazilian right back for £1.4m.

Am about 16 games into the season and am playing well, in second place, ahead of Real Madrid, behind Barcelona. Into the knockout stage of the Champions league as well, after a flukey last minute winner over Leverkusen saw me through.

Team at the moment looks something like:

---------------------Diego Alves

Ricardo Costa, Rami, Vertonghen, Mathieu

-------------------------Maduro,

--------------Banega,-----------Alberto Costa,

Hernandez,------------------------------------------Piatti,

---------------------------Soldado,

Subs:
Guaitta
Jordi Alba
Topal
Balotelli
Parejo
Mariga
Siem De Jong

Considering a move for Palermo's Abel Hernandez in Jan, have had a bid of £14m accepted for him, not sure if I ought to proceed. Yann M'Vila another attractive option.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Anyone interested in CM 2001/02, its available for free legal download and there is some great patches and all up-to-date data updates available, so it can be current but keep the great accessibility the original CM games had. Currently trying to win La Liga with Malaga, got the cash (well $20mm), got a 35 year old Ruud and I've just bought Everton's Ross Barkley, Jack Rodwell and Marouane Fellaini for a deal valued at $40mm after selling half my squad.
Link?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dortmund game has potentially been ruined. The fake.inc file somehow regenerated itself, so halfway through the season the German national side has gone from being all proper players, to fake players. A minor quibble I know, but it's dumb that the likes of Gotze etc won't be able to make their names at international level. Won the Bundesliga in my first season and got knocked out of the Champions League 4-3 on aggregate by Man City, got an awesome young team that could dominate for years...but this tiny gripe is really annoying me. Dunno if there's any way to fix it, might just start again as Dortmund.

Got 2 other games going; one at Clyde in the Scottish 3rd division and one as Chelsea. Clyde game is fun, got absolutely **** all money and a wage budget of £1.5k a week, by a distance the smallest in the division so it should be fun.

For my Chelsea game I'm trying to implement everything I've written about how Chelsea's squad IRL is complete rubbish and how they need to ditch the deadwood. Only annoyance is despite stripping John Terry of the captaincy and dropping him to the reserves, which has twice led to Terry demanding showdown talks which have ended up with me telling him he has no future at the club and basically telling him to **** off and find another club, no club is willing to put in an offer for him because they don't think they stand a chance of signing him because he loves Chelsea so much and is so determined to stay. Even asking Terry to terminate his contract has had no effect. Brought in about £80m from punting players, and spent £115m on pretty much an entirely new team. I think for my first game only Cech, David Luiz, Bosingwa and Torres had actually played for Chelsea before.

Jarquis

No point starting a new Dortmund save, the fake file will just recreate itself. Apparently it only happens for a while and for real players. Think I read something about the fact that regens can be selected for the National Team.

Still can't get the pissing demo to work on my laptop.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, ripping up Chelsea and starting again proving to be quite fun.

Out:

Ashley Cole - Man City - £25m
Frank Lampard - Man City - £20m
John Obi Mikel - Inter Milan - £20m
Didier Drogba - PSG - £17.5m
Branislav Ivanovic - Dortmund - £14.75m
Ramires - Malaga - £12.5m
Nicolas Anelka - Sevilla - £6.75m
Salomon Kalou - Atletico Madrid - £6m
Hilario - Bayern Munich - £1.5m
Paolo Ferreira - Atletico Madrid - £1.2m

In:

Hulk - Porto - £29m
Marek Hamsik - Napoli - £27m
Philipp Lahm - Bayern Munich - £26m
Mats Hummels - Dortmund - £25m
Gregory van der Wiel - Ajax - £12m
Christian Eriksen - Ajax - £6.5m
Milan Badelj - Dinamo Zagreb - £4m

Still got £30m to play with. Tempted to release John Terry on a free tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Milan Badelj is so great on this, was tempted to make a move for him with Valencia, but decided against it as at the time money was a bit tight and had plenty of players of similar ability. Have just arranged the signing of Mauro Zarate at the end of the season for £7m though. Aritz Aduriz is going to be released at the end of the year and Balotelli's wages are far too high to make his signing permanent, so he should hopefully be a nice addition to the team and will cover these gaps. Had a bid of £22m for Leandro Damiao accepted as well, but he also refused personal terms, might try again in the summer.