• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

salman85

International Debutant
You people should sign Arturo Lupoli.The best striker i've had in my teams in almost 7 seasons.His attributes may not look phenomenal,but he has a fantastic goalscoring rate.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Considering raiding Palermo for Abel Hernandez and Pastore tbh, not sure how financially viable that will be, but at least one of them ought to be affordable. Considering blowing the entire budget on as good a centre back as I can afford though, as that strikes me as the area of the side that is in greatest need of strengthening. Have Rakitic and Afellay joining on Bosmans in the next month or so as well.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started an FM11 (not sure why I said 08 before :s) game with Swindon. Was fighting for a promotion spot mid-way through the season, but ended up finishing a comfortable 2nd after getting Dani Pacheco on loan for 3 months of the season where he proceeded to slot home 18 goals from just 15 Matches - also somehow scraped to win the Johntsone-Paint Trophy.

Didn't really have any funds to purchase players for the Championship for 2011/12, so was relying mostly on Bosmans. Was able to sign Malick Faye, Boldizsár Bodor, Mika Varynen & Steven Davies who all came up huge as we fought our way to a high/mid-table finish. Was absolutely crushed by Citeh in both the league & FA cups though.

Signed a host more on Frees for 2012/13, including Vladimir Koman & Ivan Fatic and pretty much thanks to the overall speed of my wingers/forwards (and thanks to Scott Cuthberts staunchness at the back) won a tight-fought battle with West Brom for the championship.

Had to make some proper signings for the Premiership and thankfully the Board loosened the purse-strings a little with the extra income predicted for the year, so bought Nacer Barazite from Arsenal & Anton Ferdinand (who was at Wigan). Also signed an aging Drogba (who was a bit of a flop) on a free as well as Danny Holla (who was quite the opposite) and despite an incredibly leaky defense managed to just avoid relegation.

Liverpool sacked Woy, offered me a job, took it along with the 150m transfer budget! :O - team was getting to be an old one by now, particularly in the midfield and on the wings. Signed Miguel Veloso & Brazilian wonderkid "Leandro" (whom absolutely carved up, player of the season etc. etc.) to sure up the central midfield, then snared Alexis Sanchez & Adam Johnson on the wings, and Scott Dann & Chris Gunter in defence. Hocked off Skrtel/Leandro Lopez/J Cole/Aquilani/Konchesky/Thiago Motta, and banished Kuyt/Carragher to reserves. Also raided a whole heap of 15/16/17 y/o's from around europe/south america as there was a total of about 2/3 youth players at the club who might eventually be better than league 2 level. New signings were a hit, defence was impenetrable and went on to win the premiership losing only twice in league games. Was bundled out in the quarters of the C/League by Marsielle though which was quite annoying.

Hocked off a few more players left from Woy whom I didn't want/like - Lucas, N'gog, Glenn Johnson, Juan Manuel Vargas, Ivelin Popov, Kuyt (free) and signed Kyle Walker, Pedro Leon & Koke and have otherwise relied on 3/4 18-20 yo's to plug the gaps. Currently sitting atop of ladder in 2015/16 with a game back to Utd - think I'm really going to have to splurge on a striker come end of season though as Torres, whilst still brilliant, is so incredibly injury prone - and I can't rely on the coupe of 19/20 y/o guns yet to score. Have in past games always relied on spending huge (which I have done for the first 2 seasons really), but I want to try a different approach this time around and see if I can't build a decent team up from the youth squad.

cpr

International Coach
Well my Roma team are trying their best to implode, de Rossi had a hissy fit after a team talk in a game they threw away.... waited until Feb 2nd before requesting a transfer. Rejected it and played on with him in midfield, surely he'd see were 8 points clear and he'd have the chance to lift the title as captain, the clubs first in 13 years??? Come to a head in March where he wanted 'a talk' every other day, finally accepted his transfer request, and stripped him of the captaincy, massive hissy fit about that (talk about having cake and eating it), have banished him to the reserves, has affected the whole squad (bar Mexes, who's lovin it as he's now the skipper).

All my new signings have been getting injured too. Signed Fabio to cover LB in the summer (Riise wanted out), broke his leg in pre season, now April and he's only had 7 games. Brought in Julio Santa Cruz, who'd developed well under me at Blackburn on Jan 1st, he's managed 48 minutes of football. Pazzini who'd I'd nabbed on a free started on fire, then went 3 months without a goal.

Still 3 points clear with 7 to play, but fighting on 3 fronts. CL QF i'm 3-1 up on agg with a trip to Inter coming up (the 2 legs sandwich an away day to AC...), 4-1 up after leg 1 of the Copa Italia semi.... I'll take 2 out of 3 this year. Think I want to get back to the Premiership though

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Second season at Atletico proving to be considerably more difficult than the first. Barcelona and Real have both shrugged off their woes of the previous season and have gone into juggernaut mode, so despite having a respectable season so far I am about 7 points off both of them in third place. The new signings of Rakitic and Affellay have not worked well at all, with both really struggling to find any sort of form whatsoever, if a marked imrpovement doesn't come about soon then at least one of them will be shown the door at the end of the season. Loads of the aging players on huge wages will also have to be turfed out as well, like Simao and few others. The team's defence is still solid, hardly concede at all, but that is mainly down to David de Gea being insanely good, and Alvaro Dominguez dominating the defence. Both likely to be subject to huge summer bids from Man Utd and Bayern Munich I suspect....so what happens with them will be interesting.

The main worry however, is scoring goals. Forlan is still putting in a decent shift up front despite his advancing years, but a lack of cover means that he is having to play more than I would like. Reyes and Costa do not usually make for an adequate back up. Meaning that most of our goals usually come through Aguero in one form or another, the team just looks crap when he isn't in it...and as Barcelona and Chelsea have been sniffing around him....his future looks very undecided as well.

cpr

International Coach
Pulled off the League title on the last day, 2 points adrift going into the last match, Inter let in a 83rd min equaliser at Torino, and I battered Ascoli, won the title on virtue of head to head.

Lost CL final 1-0 to Lyon, really poor performance.

Brazil then ****ed up their WC campaign, sacked the manager after 2 games, took me on!?! Could only manage a draw with N Ire as the squad was a shocker. Have kept the job, so might try and balance the two for a year. Still keeping an eye on potential Premiership returns though, or could jump to Spain as theres questions over Jose's head at Madrid, and my names linked.

Not enjoying Italy much....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got a game going on FM11 with Tottenham. Only bought the game about 3 weeks ago, figured they were a good side to start with. Not too easy but not too difficult either while getting used to the game.

Was neck and neck with Chelsea until recently but am now in mid-March and am in a bit of a sticky spot, just holding onto 4th. Which is ****ed as I got extra cash in January to push for a title challenge. And I got knocked out of Europe three days before losing the League Cup Final. FML.

Best signing so far is Dale Jennings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Decided to go Rangers. SPL is rather easy, ended up winning the league by 40 points from Celtic, scoring 40 more goals in the process. Neil Lennon is my bitch, beat Celtic 4-2, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1, with 3 of those being away from home thanks to the ****ing stupid SPL split bug which SI still haven't fixed.

Cheap signings from unfashionable leagues replacing players I'm punting for loads of money ftw. I'm about £8m up in my transfer dealings, which given the scarcity of resources you get at the start of the game as Rangers is pretty good.

cpr

International Coach
Funnily enough, managing them myself. Lost the Roma game when the laptop went down last month. Started unemployed, no manager was sacked in the Premiership at all in the first season, so in October 2011 took the Fiorentina job (see my whinge above about managing in Italy).

Lasted 6 weeks before Dodgy Harry took the Juve job, so moved to the Spuds. Took them to 7th in the league (last season they finished 2nd), but won the UEFA cup, with some Polish striker called Jelen getting a hat trick in the final (not my signing but i'll let him off!)

Storming season 3 though, 100% record after 6 games, including beating Chelsea and winning the Super Cup against Arsenal. Have managed not to lose Bale/Van Der Vaart, and Steven Fletcher/Crouch combo with Jelen backing them up.

Apart from Fletcher, the only other signing of note i've made is Paolo Henrique from Santos, but VDV is keeping him out whilst he gets used to English life. Got rid of some right toss (Defoe, Pavlechenko) and used Modric to fund some moves. Have £50m in the kitty but can't see really who to buy.

cpr

International Coach
Sure I've asked this for years, but the player history screen, option to list stats by club, rather than season, makes it easier to view for those who spent a lot of years out on loan at the beginning of their careers (the biography screen does give a bit of this, but not really in depth, can only see games/goals for each team, and thats when it works well)

Manager achievements screen not to note it as an achievement every time you win a cup game, just list how far you got in that cup in the year.

Archiving old players records, or at least the option to archive ones you select

cpr

International Coach
Funnily enough, managing them myself. Lost the Roma game when the laptop went down last month. Started unemployed, no manager was sacked in the Premiership at all in the first season, so in October 2011 took the Fiorentina job (see my whinge above about managing in Italy).

Lasted 6 weeks before Dodgy Harry took the Juve job, so moved to the Spuds. Took them to 7th in the league (last season they finished 2nd), but won the UEFA cup, with some Polish striker called Jelen getting a hat trick in the final (not my signing but i'll let him off!)

Storming season 3 though, 100% record after 6 games, including beating Chelsea and winning the Super Cup against Arsenal. Have managed not to lose Bale/Van Der Vaart, and Steven Fletcher/Crouch combo with Jelen backing them up.

Apart from Fletcher, the only other signing of note i've made is Paolo Henrique from Santos, but VDV is keeping him out whilst he gets used to English life. Got rid of some right toss (Defoe, Pavlechenko) and used Modric to fund some moves. Have £50m in the kitty but can't see really who to buy.

Well that game went interesting. Won the league by 1pt, and the FA Cup too, lost the UEFA cup final to Liverpool.

Managed to sign Pastore for £11m, Palermo just offered him to me, think i'd disrupted him earlier. Sold Bale in pre-season for £50m. Replaced him with Baines, brought in Santon for £30m too.

Ended the season scraping 4th, but won the CL thanks to an Extra Time og against Real Madrid.

Team at the end was
Gomes
Santon Dawson Bennett (from Peterboro) Bains
Lennon Huddleston/Sandro Pastore/Henrique Shakiri
Arujo (River Plate kid) Fletcher

Took a bunk 2 days later to take over Barca, just about to start the season. Also managing Sweden too (had a spell as Ireland manager, already failed to qualify for the WC 2014, but got 1pt from the next 3 to seal the fate - was sacked after 3 months in charge, despite being told not to worry about qualification!!)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sure I've asked this for years, but the player history screen, option to list stats by club, rather than season, makes it easier to view for those who spent a lot of years out on loan at the beginning of their careers (the biography screen does give a bit of this, but not really in depth, can only see games/goals for each team, and thats when it works well)

Manager achievements screen not to note it as an achievement every time you win a cup game, just list how far you got in that cup in the year.

Archiving old players records, or at least the option to archive ones you select
Noted

cpr

International Coach
Look at the career history below, does it really need to list every round of each cup? I'm not likely to look back at my career and note in 2014 I won in the FA Cup 3rd, 4th & 5th round, or that I went out of the league cup at the start. All I'm interested in is my league position at the end of the year (maybe only if i've won the league), and what cups I won.

Attachments

cpr

International Coach
Also, either the option to send a loanee out for multiple years in one go, or better AI for loans for players without work permits.

My old Spurs team has a load of young african players, who I managed to loan to my Belgian feeder team twice, but now they are either sat in the reserves without WPs, or on loan in Spain, because the AI hasnt picked up sending them back to Belgium would qualify them for a passport by the end of the year.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh yeah that. Annoys me too. Submitted the other two already. Will do that one later. They won't look at it until Monday though.

Pretty sure I've seen people asking for the multiple year loan as well but not done yet for some reason. Will submit again anyway. Might have been lost.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
one thing that annoys me is when some retires (and I haven't given them a player/coach role) it doesn't tell me that they are a coach and then I see Liverpool sign Ryan Giggs as a coach

Also you should be able to offer a retiring player a staff role that starts when they retire I don't want a player coach I want him to be a player then when he retires turns into a coach/scout