• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
11th Dec - Ajax away
15th - City Away
19th - Okayama away
22nd - Cruzeiro away
26th - QPR away
29th - Bolton home
1st Jan - Villa away
5th - Watford home
8th - United home

Home many fixtures in less than a month?
Think I'm still in this season :unsure:
What's wrong with me?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
FM is something that comes in peaks and troughs for me personally. I usually go through periods when I am totally addicted to it, and will play it for hours on end, for periods of up to several weeks or so. But then I reach saturation point, at which I will then leave the game for several months before then picking it up again a while down the line.

Very much looking forward to the new version though, match engine looks pretty epic. The other new features looking like they will be interesting too.

Craig

World Traveller
Rose, do you know if Enzo Zidane (Zinedine's son) is in the game? If so, since he is 15, he'll be in the Real Madrid u19s.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bit the bullet and ordered the new game last night. Need to get a load of my work done before it shows up, haha.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Having had nothing to do all morning, I ended up playing the demo for a couple of hours. Will post a run down of my thoughts and impressions etc....

The 3D match engine seems to have been improved nicely, not that it will interest everyone (I myself have scarcely used it before) but it now runs a lot more fluidly and just looks better and generally resembles real football a lot better than it used to. Not sure if this is enough of a draw to actually make me use it...we'll see I guess.

Thew new features are quite cool, I particularly like how you can now train particular tactics as part of preperation for specific opposition. Adds a certain sense of realism, and it seems to work quite well. Tactics in general being an overhaul is also nice, makes the game a bit more tricky and complicated, but if you get it right then it seems to work a treat. Seems like this is an area of the game that you really need to pay attention to, attempting to just hide behind players with great stats doesn't seem to work well anymore :ph34r: Not that it worked in the last few versions either mind you, but it seems like you have to be even more on the ball now.

The whole negotiation process with agents and so on is a nice touch in a sense, but I don't really think it adds a lot to the game. I get fed up with my inbox filling up with emails from agents trying to get me to bid for their player (though you can filter this so you only get the offers for really top players coming through etc...) The contract negotiation involvment of the agents is alright, but it just seems like it makes it more simplistic rather than in any way more substantial. Insofar that if your offer is not good enough then it will be rejected immediately and you can then immediately submit a new offer and so on... The fact that some Agents demand ridiculous wages does mean you have to remain quite savvy I suppose, and is quite fun.

Other small improvements that I have noticed is the improvement in the valuation of players. It seems that most players are very realistically valued and only the really top top players like Messi etc... have values near £30m. The general AI of the other teams/managers seems to be better as well, you always see the big sides attempting to buy the best young players aged about 16 and 17 and focusing on youth development rather than just going for broke with no eye on the future (not sure what this was like in the last version though tbh, I didn't play the 2010 edition). Similarly player ratings also seem to have been made a lot more sensible too. No longer are teams like Arsenal incredibly fantastic in every position, which was something that really got my goat in previous versions. It seemed to me that in older games it was very easy to pick up players who were really top drawer in any position, it seems that the amount of players who are genuinely top drawer has been given to a very select few, quite realisitically I would say. It also makes playing as Arsenal a challenge, which is nice (on the demo they only get to start with £15m budget too)

But yeah, all in all, seems pretty positive. Will continue to play the demo throughout the week until the full version (hopefully) shows up on friday.

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Apparently they've made it a boatload harder to sign players in the first transfer window of the game than in previous years. Probably rile a fair few people but it seems more realistic to me, considering all the summer transfers are in the game when it comes out.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Rose, do you know if Enzo Zidane (Zinedine's son) is in the game? If so, since he is 15, he'll be in the Real Madrid u19s.
Think you have to be 16 to be in the game as a real player. Will load the game later and select all Spanish players and see if he shows up.

Craig

World Traveller
Think you have to be 16 to be in the game as a real player. Will load the game later and select all Spanish players and see if he shows up.
Thanks, although I swear I've seen real 15 year old players in the game. If he's not in this one, he will certainly be in 2012 version.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have no idea who I'd want to go in the new version tbh.

Anyone know if there's any clubs in the German system that were founded by Turks? Trying to make my way up the leagues using only German born Turks could be a fun challenge.

duffer

Hey Rose, do you know if I pre-order on Steam if I'll be able to pre-load the game so I can fire it off when I have time next weekend? Tossing up whether it's worth making the trip to EB to get it.

Chris.14

Cricket Spectator
I must say that I'm looking forward to the new FM. I haven't had the chance to try the demo (mainly through lack of free time), but what I've read from others seems rather promising.

duffer

Looking forward to dealing with the agents and the apparently improved player interactions and training. Game has life sucking potential though.

Craig

World Traveller
In my games, Aaron Lennon always gets sold to Real Madrid, doesn't play much and then he is flogged off somewhere, usually Man City, does this happen to anybody else?