• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I got absolutely pasted by them last night. Was going to rage but decided I couldn't be bothered.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is it me and that I'm completely useless, or is Real Madrid almost impossible to beat? In my game I somehow had a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw, and every other time I got smashed 4-0 by them.
I remember in CM01/02 how Lazio and Roma were always like that, I ended up having to just try and buy their players so that they would end up weaker that way. Was ridiculous how Nesta always seemed to end up with nearly 20 for every physical stat and most of the technical ones as well after a few years. WAG though. Bought him whilst playing as Real Madrid and then sold him for £100m.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember in the last editon, I hated playing against Arsenal because I seldom won against them.
Haha, another team which are stupidly overated on the current series and have been for some time really. It seem's all their players with potential become good in about a year and they clean up the league table every time. Somewhat unrealistically one might say.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember in CM01/02 how Lazio and Roma were always like that, I ended up having to just try and buy their players so that they would end up weaker that way. Was ridiculous how Nesta always seemed to end up with nearly 20 for every physical stat and most of the technical ones as well after a few years. WAG though. Bought him whilst playing as Real Madrid and then sold him for £100m.
Montella, Cassano, Totti, Batistuta.

Any trip to the Olympico to face Roma was a dreaded one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Montella, Cassano, Totti, Batistuta.

Any trip to the Olympico to face Roma was a dreaded one.
Playing Lazio was certainly no better, Nesta, Stam, Mendieta and the stupidly and massively overated Crespo who would get about 40 goals a year.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playing Lazio was certainly no better, Nesta, Stam, Mendieta and the stupidly and massively overated Crespo who would get about 40 goals a year.
Lazio were more beatable than Roma imo, but thats not saying much cause Roma were ridiculous. I think its because Roma had that many gun strikers you just knew you had to score at least 3 to win or your keeper needed to have the best game of his career. With Lazio if Crespo was out then you could get points. Although even someone like Simone Inzaghi ended up awesome on some games.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Crespo was just a cheat player on that game, if you had him. you were almost guaranteed to outscore everyone, even if your defence was utter dross. Christian Vieri was insane as well, as was Emile Mpenza for some strange reason.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal are ridiculous in the newer ones. Always end up crushing after buying Silva or whatever for 40m. Like they'd ever spend that much.
Andres Guardado always seems to be another favourite of theirs as well I find, also signed for some insane amount. Whoever makes the game continues to make Senderos and Silvestre quite decent as well.

Agent TBY

International Captain
You forgot Toulalan. They seem to sign some left-winger called Aruna or something like that in every game I start on 2010, though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is it me and that I'm completely useless, or is Real Madrid almost impossible to beat? In my game I somehow had a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw, and every other time I got smashed 4-0 by them.
In the demo with Barca I beat them 2-1 at the Bernebeau, one of those 2-1s where it's 2-0 going on 4-0 going into stoppage time only for the opposition to score a spawny goal and give you a nervous 2 minutes.

Craig

World Traveller
In random transfers, Aaron Lennon ends up at Real Madrid :huh:, and Falkirk make the Champions League, but Rangers or Celtic do not :blink:. And when was the last time a team other then Celtic or Rangers finished in the top two in the SPL?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Kilmarnock and Hearts were 1st and 2nd and Dunfermline were 3rd..

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
For some reason David Albelda who is a youth product and is very much Spanish, does not count as home grown for Valencia or even in Spain because he made his debut for the Valencia Mestalla which is Valencia's B team, who play in the lower divisions. WTF? It is like Joe Hart not counting as home grown in England because he came from a club who was in League two. Same with Jaime Gavilan who I bought from Getafe, and is a local product.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Started playing it again recently and have got 6th (BSP) one season, 5th the next (hammered in the playoff semifinal, mind you) and am around the same point again this season. Getting frustrated, going up the ranks isn't nearly as easy as it was in the previous installments. Still, hopefully will manage it on 3rd attempt and cruise up through L2/L1 to the Championship...