• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Had a good game with Everton going over the last year or so, will go back to it and post a full update in here sometime in the near future.

Has anyone come across Daniel Aquino and Federico Laurito before? Both really decent young players.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One other question re: the patch, I had started a game with Wycombe (5 games into the season, so far enough that I really don't want to have to start again) before I rememberd about it. When i install the patch, will it also patch my saved game (can't remember, been so long since I've played FM :()

Loony BoB

International Captain
Cheers mate.

As for how I'm doing on CM, I got 4th in the PL after winning the season before... but was robbed by Arsenal of a CL spot since they won the thing and finished something like 6th or 7th. Gutted. :( Love the riches you get out of that place. At least my paltry 200k p/season sponsorship ends soon, hopefully should get something dramatically better now I'm doing so well.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Re: Towns
It is a nice idea and isn't hard to do, the trouble is that it will use a lot of memory to store this for every team, which is why it probably won't happen in the near future.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Had a good game with Everton going over the last year or so, will go back to it and post a full update in here sometime in the near future.

Has anyone come across Daniel Aquino and Federico Laurito before? Both really decent young players.
I've used Lauito before, was one my strikers in the game where I took Leeds to the CL (other was Saivet who is an absolute gem of a player).

Craig

World Traveller
Thought Man City was too easy and I left to join Sampdoria. Beat Roma 1-0, beat Palermo 3-1 and then got done 4-1 by Inter, but my team played a lot better then the score suggests. Have found a few bargin players from La Liga that will join my team in January (I took over in September). Vince Grella is in my team and he was transfer listed and in the reserves when I took over, but seeing how he has played since I gave him a go, I can see why (just stood there and scratched his arse whilst Lisandro Lopez scored for Inter).

Johnners

Sitting 3rd in League 2 with just 3 matches remaining in my first season with Wycombe. Starting goalkeeper in the squad was absolute tosh, so I had to get a new GK before the close of the summer transfer window. Managed to snare Dean Brill from Luton, and he's been an absolute legend for the squad, wouldn't be promoting without him. Also signed Fabio from United on Loan (win!) along with a few other Premier League reserves players, who have been vital to my promotion chances.

However, has anyone else been having trouble with GK's letting in ridiculous goals from corners/attempted crosses in FM09? I've conceded at least 7 goals this season that have either been direct from corners (the ball went in straight from the corner kick without a touch) or from players attempting to cross from adjacent to the edge of the area on the right/left sidelines. I know some keepers can be gash, especially in league 2, but given that we've got the best defensive record in the league, and that his positioning etc is by no means poor in comparison to other keepers in the league, I'd like to think that he's not that bad to be conceding at least 1 of these goals every 8/9 mathces without it being some sort of bug in the game.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not got anything on tomorrow, so might dig out FM and have a day long session on it, having played with midtable/lower division sides I'm thinking of playing with a big club for something a bit less taxing.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo. I'm no FM master, but I would think that may have to do with poor wide defenders? One thing I like to do is to turn opposing wide midfielders on to their weaker foot in opposition tactics, and tackle them hard if they're particularly dangerous. Only other thing I would think of would be your keepers Aerial Ability and Command of Area attributes.

In my 4th season with Workington. Finally got my team into the big smoke of League 2 with a playoff promotion in 10/11. Got a hefty TV rights cheque, and most of my players are on full time contracts now, so I can train them harder. Managed to get a hold of a few players who had starred in previous years as loan players from my parent club Carlisle and they're going great guns. But my move of the off season was getting Steven McKeown, an incredibly highly rated midfielder for BSP, off BSP club Grays for an absolute steal (they went into administration). The only thing I've dreaded is having to let go of a few Workington originals who just weren't up to the jump to League 2.

Going well. We were touted as relegation favorites, but after 12 games are hovering just below the playoffs. We've had a pretty good draw though tbf, the only team in the top 5 we've played is Wycombe (2nd atm) and they gave us a 4-0 pasting, and a couple of mid table teams have been too good. Need another quality defender, and left midfielder and I reckon I can challenge for promotion.

Still I would like my attendance figures to be a bit higher, I average 1.5k while everyone else in the league averages 3-4k. What's the best way of attracting fans to the club? Other than the obvious "keep winning", or is that the only way?

Last edited:

Johnners

Hmmm see I'm fairly confident it's not a tactics/player ability fault, because I tend to do the same thing re: opposing wingers. Either have it set to close them down, or to show onto their weaker foot. My keeper has reasonably good ariel ability and command of the area, and is certainly better than plenty of other keepers in the league, who never seem to have had the problem. Aside from that, the fact that the team finished second with the best defensive record suggests to me that it most certainly isn't a player ability problem. I haven't looked on the FM forums, or on sortitoutsi yet, but I may do, because I'm almost sure it's a bug because of the frequency it's happening (only 6/7 times in a season, but to me thats an extremely high number of "fluke" goals for the 2nd best team to concede)

Craig

World Traveller
Thought Man City was too easy and I left to join Sampdoria. Beat Roma 1-0, beat Palermo 3-1 and then got done 4-1 by Inter, but my team played a lot better then the score suggests. Have found a few bargin players from La Liga that will join my team in January (I took over in September). Vince Grella is in my team and he was transfer listed and in the reserves when I took over, but seeing how he has played since I gave him a go, I can see why (just stood there and scratched his arse whilst Lisandro Lopez scored for Inter).
Up to 4th place ATM and my job is on the line :mellow: Stopped playing for a while as I felt I ended up yelling at the computer because I had useless Argentine's who cbf doing anything and I'm also at the point of developing a grudge against South American footballers because some of them are useless and lazy. So I sold them all. Still have ***** who let guys go for the ball and just stand there or give away freekicks on the edge of the box with 90seconds to go. So I usually just place them on the transfer list after that.