Page 132 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3546
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

International Coach
    The journey of Morton continues, we are looking like making a genuine title challenge atm, third but only two points separate the top three - me and the Old Firm.

Into the second group stage of the European Cup, just played the first game, and it saw Barcelona (won all but two Spanish Leagues since the game started) visit Cappielow Park, and return humbled - a famous 1-0 win for Morton.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post

Getting Torres and Babel for 27m combined.
    how the **** did that happen?

Looking like a long hard winter for Pompey. Led two-nil V Arse only to be pegged back 2-2, then Campbell was sent off with ten to go against Spurs, it was all square, we got beat 3-1. Needless to say, I saved 100k from my wage budget this month.

Struggling for some January signings at the minute. Not quite sure what I need, just players actually, good players.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    how the **** did that happen?
    Liverpool start the game in debt because of the Gillette/Hicks takeover, and went further into debt when they built New Anfield in my game. And after my Spurs side repeatedly stole their CL spot, the revenue from european football dried up and they went bankrupt.

State Vice-Captain Spitfires_Fan's Avatar
    Comfortably survived in my second season, eventually finishing 11th. I'm struggling to find really good attacking players though - have signed a striker on a bosman and I'm hoping he'll score regularly next season, but there's still a lot of rebuilding to do.

I have AZ currently sitting second, 1 point behind Ajax with 7 matches remaining. PSV are no chance, as they're surprisingly 8 points behind us, and having a rather mediocre season. Into the 2nd Knockout round of the UEFA Cup after a suprsingly victory over Celtic (both legs were 2-2 draws, then won on penalties 5-4) and now face off against FC Bayern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

International Coach
    Morton in the CL quarters after defeating Fiorentina 1-0 in the fourth group game. Only 18 months ago I was bottom of the SPL after a dreadful start and about to get sacked.

Title race, unfortunately I've just been held 0-0 at home to Dunfermline despite battering them - five points behind Rangers and four off Celtic now.

I've found some goalscorers who've managed to push me up to 2nd in the league after 15 games. We're looking good to challenge for promotion into Ligue 1, which may be a season too soon, but we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it...

I've aquaplaned down to 7th after a run of 3 losses and a draw which really goes to show how I'm not at all ready for top flight football yet. Ho hum.

On another note, I have a really promising Austrian AM LC but he keeps getting sent off. Twice this season already before Christmas and once last season in which he mostly played as a substitute. I've been fining him but it doesn't seem to be making much difference at the moment. He's currently serving a one match ban for collecting three yellow cards - it's the 3rd of January and this will be the eighth match he's missed this season through suspension. Does anyone have any tips on what I could do with him, or should I just offload?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfires_Fan View Post
    I've aquaplaned down to 7th after a run of 3 losses and a draw which really goes to show how I'm not at all ready for top flight football yet. Ho hum.

On another note, I have a really promising Austrian AM LC but he keeps getting sent off. Twice this season already before Christmas and once last season in which he mostly played as a substitute. I've been fining him but it doesn't seem to be making much difference at the moment. He's currently serving a one match ban for collecting three yellow cards - it's the 3rd of January and this will be the eighth match he's missed this season through suspension. Does anyone have any tips on what I could do with him, or should I just offload?
    Change his tackling style?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfires_Fan View Post
    Besides the obvious (no closing down, easy tackling) I don't think there's a lot you can do.

At Morton, back in the First Division, I had a defender who combined 20 aggression with about 6 or 7 tackling, he tended to be suspended for literally almost half the season - he played 23 games I think in our promotion year. Really the only solution was to find a new defender (which I would probably have done anyway as he was poor tbf).

got hul into the premier league. did it easy. struggling though 2nd season. in 18th after 11 mtches. just can not seem to win. any tips guys.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Keeping a team up after getting promoted on FM08 is extremely difficult, as there really arent a lot of bargins going around, try and get a big parent club and just look for decent loan deals if you are strapped for cash.

Quit my job as AZ Alkmaar manager after just one season (A rather successful season though, League Champions, Cup Runners up, 2nd Knockout round of the Uefa cup losing to eventual winners in Bayern Munich). Still managing the Holland national team though, siting a top of our group in WC qualifying after 4 matches.

Looking for a Job in the French Ligue 2 or Italy Serie B, as I've never managed in either France or Italy, and wanted a challenge.

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    For ****'s ****ing sake.

My Spurs game, my beautiful Spurs game, 5 seasons, two Premier League titles, a European Cup, an FA Cup (and final), a League Cup (and final)...all corrupted. Gone. Like that.

How can I face life anymore??

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    For ****'s ****ing sake.

My Spurs game, my beautiful Spurs game, 5 seasons, two Premier League titles, a European Cup, an FA Cup (and final), a League Cup (and final)...all corrupted. Gone. Like that.

How can I face life anymore??
    You don't have too:

Thread Information