• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Eidos on championshipmanager.co.uk has made available CM01/02 for free download.

**** I love this game,the midfield of Selakovic/Kallstrom/Bakircioglu/Ishizaki is getting it done big time.
Jonas Lunden was always a bit of a gun and one of the mysteriously cheap swedish players.

Ishizaki was an absolute legend as well, esspecially are you could sign him as a div 3 side if you got in early enough.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, I'mstill early in the game, any other wonderkids you know of? Racking my brains here to dig some out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hakan Mild wasnt a wonderkid but he was decent and pretty cheap....

Frederik Risp was a really decent centre back....

Martin Ericsson was pretty decent as well....

duffer

Greatest game, Big Dave between the sticks, Paddy,MK5,Lee Dixon, Bergkamp, SuperFred, Titi, LeBob, Grimandi. Hey, Junichi was in the squad too. Wiping my schedule clean for the weekend tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, he plays in the local hall now.

Basically, anyone vaguely Swedish was good?
Yeah, all the swedish players (or the majority of them) around the 20 year old mark were available for less than £250k (or less) and could pretty much go straight into the starting line up of a lot of top flight teams from any country, but because theyre reputations were so low you could always sign them to lower tier sides...For some reason the AI managers never seemed to buy any ofthese pleayers.

Teddy Lucic was a bit of a beast as well come to think of it, Mikael Antonsson (sp?) also went on to become an amazing centre back if you got him early enough.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Finally, in 2025, I have won the Premier League with my side that was once a lowly Blue Square North side in 2008. Biggest challenge these days is keeping my many players happy, but a 2-7 over Woking last night didn't hurt and in the CL my first game might have been a loss away to Roma, but since then I've won three on the trot against Bayern and Nantes. I don't know if I'll ever stop this game... maybe if I win the CL. Alternatively, maybe when FM2010 comes out...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well some changes to tactics and improvements to the match engine so far. Couple little new features here and there also.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I still want my statistics board. Too few statistics & leaderboards (eg. top goalscorers at a club) for people like me! Luckily there's always cricket to fall back on when it comes to those...

Johnners

Finally installed FM09 on my new (couple months old now) pc, but haven't patched etc. Will i need to download each of the patches, or does the latest patch also contain what was in the previous 2?

Craig

World Traveller
Still managing Citeh and into my 5th season, with the exception of Joe Hart and Micah Richards, my current Citeh line-up looks nothing like the one in real life. Won 3 straight Premier League titles, two Champions League titles and one FA Cup as well as the 2012 Euro Championships with England. Will be my last season with Citeh though before I resign and look for something a bit harder (might give the Swiss league a go). I mean I knew the game had a flaw when I could buy Federico Fazio for £13.5m, Karim Benzema for £16.25 (he joined Villareal from Lyon for about £6.75m) and Leo Messi for £40m as it was all their contract buy-out fee.