• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Craig

World Traveller
Am still the manager of Nigeria. Two things, I have only goal keepers all up, and for the life of mine, I can't hire a physio, so I have heaps of injuries (doesn't seem to hinder me in getting to WC finals). Is that a problem for African nations?

Mind you the game is spot on though, as I played England in the semi's, and it went to a penalty shoout-out and I knocked out England on pens :ph34r:

Craig

World Traveller
Am still the manager of Nigeria. Two things, I have only goal keepers all up, and for the life of mine, I can't hire a physio, so I have heaps of injuries (doesn't seem to hinder me in getting to WC finals). Is that a problem for African nations?

Mind you the game is spot on though, as I played England in the semi's, and it went to a penalty shoout-out and I knocked out England on pens :ph34r:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Which is why you turn the match speed up. :p Probably just PC speed giving you problems if you find it slow, though. =/

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
3rd season with Arsenal managed to qualify for the Champions League final for the first time. Will be facing frigging Dinamo Kiev in the big one though which is a big wtf? Had to knock out Villarreal, Chelsea and Madrid to get this far, I just can't **** this up.
Putting the curse on yourself? Brave man.

Interestingly Arsenal won the Champions League in my 08/09 BSN Workington game. Beat Man U (IIRC) 1-0 in the final.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok, need a challenge,an English lower league team to recommend?

League one or two is probably the lowest I could go without being too frutrated by the situations. Have tried Hartlepool, Bury and Colchester recently so might give those ones a miss.

Loony BoB

International Captain
12th in the Prem in my first season there after finally going all the way up from BSN. Mid-season, my English U-21 striker was sniped (£26m + % from his next sale) by Man United just after he knocked them out of the FA Cup. At the end of the season, my Brazilian wonderkid DC was snapped up by Real Madrid for about the same amount. That money has gone to a massive strengthening of my squad and a lot of pay rises to keep the other stars happy (somehow managed to stave off interest from Real, Bayern, etc for my AMC/FC but the silly season hasn't ended just yet...). Pretty happy overall, confident of easily staying up now for some time. Being 2021, though, it's only Sam Hewson that is a recognisable name in my side now (he currently plays for MU reserves IRL), although Ronaldo and Rooney both still play for United, scoring regularly in their 30's.

EDIT: For those not knowing, I started off with King's Lynn, just renamed them using database to something more 'me'.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but as soon as you win all the trophies at least once it gets dull afterwards.

At least with a lower league team if I set myself a goal of wining a Premiership I'm interested for a pretty good stretch.

Loony BoB

International Captain
'tis true. I only tried a higher league manager for half a season before getting bored. Always better making your own club and going the distance.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Better record keeping - I wouldn't mind seeing a complete listing (or at least top 50 or so) of goalscorers / appearance-makers for my club, so I can see how my players are comparing with the greats. I'm not sure if they have that at the moment but I've been unable to find it if they do.