• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Started a new game today. Trying something called dafuge's challenge from the SI forum. Have to holiday until the end of the current season and add a new manager to take over a newly promoted BSN/BSS team and take them to the CL and Premiership glory. Taken over Boston Utd and won my first two games so far. Said I wanted to challenge for promotion so got a massive, contextually, wage budget and managed to turn into transfer funds. Signed some good players for this level on frees. Young Premiership youth rejects included in that. No money spent on transfers so far as I'd forgotten I could give myself a transfer budget without the board. Will be tough to get in quality but if I do I should get close to the promotion places. Top half finish is the aim at the least for this season and promotion next.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Started a new game today. Trying something called dafuge's challenge from the SI forum. Have to holiday until the end of the current season and add a new manager to take over a newly promoted BSN/BSS team and take them to the CL and Premiership glory. Taken over Boston Utd and won my first two games so far. Said I wanted to challenge for promotion so got a massive, contextually, wage budget and managed to turn into transfer funds. Signed some good players for this level on frees. Young Premiership youth rejects included in that. No money spent on transfers so far as I'd forgotten I could give myself a transfer budget without the board. Will be tough to get in quality but if I do I should get close to the promotion places. Top half finish is the aim at the least for this season and promotion next.
If our looking for a very good young striker look for a guy by the name of Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo he is available for 2K and is good enough for League 1 according to my Ass Man

roseboy64

Will do. Have two quality strikers for this level though but the subs not up to much so hopefully can persuade Galuppo to come. 'Tis the start of the 2009/2010 season though after having to holiday a whole season so hopefully he's not progressed too much.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Got FM2009 yesterday for Christmas from my Dad. Impressed so far, although my main annoyance is that my laptop isn't good enough to run the 3D match engine. Am I missing out on much?

roseboy64

Having a rough time of it now at the start of November. Out of the FA Cup in the Fourth Qualifying Round and dropped from 5th in the table to 12th. Gone on a run of about 5 losses, a win and a draw. The draw was in the FA Cup which went to a replay about two days later and I lost to Matlock Town. Granted though it wasn't my strongest team but I got beaten 3-0. Might put that down to tactical mistakes from me though. Job status now Insecure. Saved and continued and was knocked out of the Setanta Shield and was losing in my first FA Trophy game after no games except one with my feeder club for about two weeks when there was a power outage. Knowing my luck though I'll probably lose both again. Have signed a whole load of players though so hopefully form can pick up in the second half of the season when they gel.
==============================================================

Out of all the cups now with one game left in December. Have had two wins and a draw in the league in a form turn around. Helped that most of my best players are now available as well. Hopefully being out of all the cups will allow me to make a bit of a push while the teams above me are still in there. 15 points off first but only 5 or so off 5th so promotion and/or playoffs still possible.

Craig

World Traveller
Knocked out by Liverpool in the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup by Werder Bremen, but I got a reprive when my computer froze and I had not saved the game. Still I'm 3rd ATM, maybe I should apply for Mark Hughes job when he gets sacked :ph34r:

roseboy64

Got promoted in my challenge game.Ugo Ehiogu just retired but I managed to sign him on as a coach while he was still playing so that I managed to bypass the one coach rule from the board. Finished 3rd in the league and managed to win the playoff final 5-3 to get into the Blue Square Premier. 100+K in the red in the balance but managed to make a profit. Will be looking to see if I can get a midtable finish this season and try for promotion next season.

roseboy64

Only other recognised player I have is Bruno N'Gotty. He'll probably retire soon so can use him to add my staff hopefully. Have a very good left back who's attracting interest from some pro clubs so might need to keep an eye on replacement leftbacks or promote from within because if a decent offer comes in my board will surely sell. Thinking I'll do a revamp of the squad now before the season starts and get in some loan players. Squad's in the mid 20s in terms of numbers because I chose to have no reserve team

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Just finished my 3rd season with Cheltenham and got ourselves promoted via playoffs after we had being predicted to finish 16th (finished 4th beat Shrewsbury and Nottingham Forest in the playoff's/ Seasons before PF: 23rd AF: 10th PF:20th AF:16th) And I've realised that having a parent team like Arsenal and having about 7 loanees in your squad from them at one time with out paying anything towards there wages and signing Premier League rejects is the best way to build up a team.

cpr

International Coach
FM out of the window for me, formatted the PC, set everything back up, reinstalled it and it wont run, with or without patch. Not impressed. If ICC does the same i will be off to cry.