• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Craig

World Traveller
If I had a dollar every time my players either hit the cross or side bar or just put the ball over the net, I wouldn't have to work again until 2010.

Does it happen to anybody else?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've not really noticed this tbh, so far with the patch I haven't had any real issues with the game at all.

Enjoyed a good season with Arsenal in the end, went on a very positive run in the league and ended up in second place, but still 10 points behind Man Utd, Gonzalo Higuain was a poor buy and was kept out of the team by Eboue of all people, I was looking to try and sell him on or send him on loan back to Spain, but as he picked up an injury in pre-season that'll keep him out of action for the next 3 months nobody will touch him.

Despite going out of the FA cup in the 3rd round and incurring the wrath of the board, I managed to win the champions league after a one good performance to knock out Bacelona and then drawing relatively easy teams all the way to the final (Porto, Zenit and Juventus).

Am now looking to strengthen the team so that I have a realistic chance of winning the premiership in the coming season. Problem is, i'm not really sure where to buy, I have no position that is particularly weak, the defence of Sagna, Gallas, Toure and Clichy is incredibly (and perhaps unrealistically) solid, the five man midfield of Nasri, Fabregas, Gago, Veloso and Eboue/Walcott is also solid enough and offers a fair bit going forward, and have an abundance of young players ready to come in who I don't really want to restrict the development of (Vela, Denilson, Diaby, Wilshere) all of whom have shown that they can do a job when required. Similarly up front with only one place in the team available Adebayor, Eduardo, Van Persie and Bendtner offer a decent enough selection and back up so no need for anyone else there really. Which leads me to think that the best way to spend my budget for the year may be on a new world class keeper....tough one.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The patch hasnt helped the injury problem as much as it should, at one stage I had 7 first team midfielders injured at one stage. Apart from that everything else is alright, although the game is still a little slow.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't find the injury problem to be much of an issue tbh (hope I haven't given it the kiss of death in saying that), I did get a fair few injuries at the start of the season, but after that nasty patch was out of the way I haven't really found that it's been a major problem at all, though have only played one season to date.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just won my first league title with Newcastle in my holiday-forward-30-seasons game on 01/02, made it a double by also winning the FA Cup. By that point it would've been Newcastle's first title for 98 years.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've not really noticed this tbh, so far with the patch I haven't had any real issues with the game at all.

Enjoyed a good season with Arsenal in the end, went on a very positive run in the league and ended up in second place, but still 10 points behind Man Utd, Gonzalo Higuain was a poor buy and was kept out of the team by Eboue of all people, I was looking to try and sell him on or send him on loan back to Spain, but as he picked up an injury in pre-season that'll keep him out of action for the next 3 months nobody will touch him.

Despite going out of the FA cup in the 3rd round and incurring the wrath of the board, I managed to win the champions league after a one good performance to knock out Bacelona and then drawing relatively easy teams all the way to the final (Porto, Zenit and Juventus).

Am now looking to strengthen the team so that I have a realistic chance of winning the premiership in the coming season. Problem is, i'm not really sure where to buy, I have no position that is particularly weak, the defence of Sagna, Gallas, Toure and Clichy is incredibly (and perhaps unrealistically) solid, the five man midfield of Nasri, Fabregas, Gago, Veloso and Eboue/Walcott is also solid enough and offers a fair bit going forward, and have an abundance of young players ready to come in who I don't really want to restrict the development of (Vela, Denilson, Diaby, Wilshere) all of whom have shown that they can do a job when required. Similarly up front with only one place in the team available Adebayor, Eduardo, Van Persie and Bendtner offer a decent enough selection and back up so no need for anyone else there really. Which leads me to think that the best way to spend my budget for the year may be on a new world class keeper....tough one.
I sold Bendtner because he got sulky at not getting much playing time but have found that none of the other strikers are viable options in the air (Ade misses 4 for every one he scores) so I went and bought Pogrebnyak who is a beast and a bargain at 12mill.

Fazio is a great defensive prospect and can get really good with proper training, also finding Almunia to be a bit of a liability and Fabianski to be a great no2 (haha) but a bit below the level required to be a starter. Asenjo is another awesome one and be got for 7.5 mill I believe.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah i'm finding the same re: strikers, as I'm only playing with one up front, I realy need someone who can win the ball in the air, like you I have found that Adebayor can be wasteful and Bendtner is just not very good. Similarly Eduardo and Van Persie despite being lethal finishers cannot win the ball in the air...so yeah....may have to go search out a new front man, would be a shame to axe Eduardo and RVP though, as they are very useful players.

duffer

Fazio was certainly awesome on 08, as was Coloccini, were my defensive pairing for a number of seasons.
He's great because he's tall (195 cm) can head the ball, is strong and has a good amount of pace and acceleration (15-16). Has a lot of other good hidden stats I'm led to believe as well. Him, Toure and Djourou is a great 3 man rotation.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mandanda's supposed to be a great keeping prospect as well as Asenjo. Axel Witsel, Keirrison, John Fleck, Ignacio Camacho, Samuel Defour and Adam Lallana are supposed to be gun. Have a list of others but from the scour reports I'm definitely sure about these guys. Henri Saivet as well as Rafael Corioca and a Brazilian with Ramires as his last name( not sure if it's his last name or nickname as I haven't been on the game in a while due to exams but should start playing again this week).

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Is it just me or are the regen's on this game much better compared to previous versions have bought about a whole team worth of them tbh

duffer

Is it just me or are the regen's on this game much better compared to previous versions have bought about a whole team worth of them tbh
Yeah they are ridiculously good think they've gone a tad overboard on them tbh.

Simon

want to keep going on man city game just so I can keep going and develop the regens I bought after the first season, have about 6 or 7 15-17 year old guns in the under 19's already.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah the regens on the whole seem to be very good, have poached several from various Italian clubs to go with the ones I had come through my own system, some of them would be good enough to appear in the first team already...slightly unrealistic.

Simon

Seems to be quite a few at Spannish clubs, picked up a Striker and a midfielder for from Valencia easily. Good thing is that they are so young that in a few years they will count as players trained at the club when it comes time to picking a Champions League squad.

Johnners

Have had the game almost a week, just a few games into a season with Liverpool though. Hocked off Pennant to the Spurs, and bought Mario Santana from Fiorentina to replace him, otherwise I've made no changes to the squad.

I'm yet to find the right formation for the squad though, my strikers simply cannot score. Have been relying on Gerrard, Reira & Alonso to ping in longish shots which obvs isn't ideal. Also finding it frustrating, can't get my free-kick takers to drift in a cross, always have a ping if they're reasonably close, no matter the angle, which is quite frustrating.

Simon

Have noticed most strikers on this game are very form orientated one way or another, with man city ive had world class midfielders and brilliant strikers (Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Hunteelar) but they all seem to have patches of like 12 goals in 9 games then not score for 10 and always finish the season around the 15-25 goal mark. Mid you ive only completed a few seasons across 2 games with them but every team ive managed it seems to be a common thing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah annoys me, my corner takers are useless and fire the ball behind the goal, having changed them and told them to play it short, the same thing still happens every time.. annoying