• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Craig

World Traveller
Managed to come away from Old Trafford with a 3-0 win, only to then lose to Newcastle at home, frustrating, am now up to 5th in the league, and not far behind the leaders....so looking a bit more promising now...

Fernando Gago has added some much needed fight to the midfield, and Theo Walcott has been very important on the right wing. Am liking the fact that SI have listened to the feedback regarding the League Cup, can now play all my reserves in it and not have to worry about the board getting the hump with me if I go out early..
I got knocked out Manchester United in injury time and my board was understanding. It was a bitch as I wanted to win it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Veloso and Diarra are gun at DM TBH. Not had a chance to test it myself yet. Will get to from Friday afternoon onwards when my exams are over.
Have signed Veloso as well tbh, but his performances havent been good enough to keep him in the side.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Had a major turn around in fortune with Arsenal, now 2nd in the table, about 8 points behind Utd with about 12 games left, doubt i'll be able to turn taht around, but hopefully second place and a decent run in teh champions league is now a distinct possibility.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's an awesome man marker in '08.Always takes the oppo's best player right out of it if you assign him.
Can't remember if I ever had him in my side on 08, maybe with my Bayern team, only game on 09 ive bought him was with my ridiculously awesome Man City team and hes not making it the starting midfield in front of David Silva-Kaka-Andrea Pirlo-Lionel Messi

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
haha yeh, got about 8 games into the second season and gave up. Thinking of trying a game in the MLS, am curious to see how the drafting etc... works on FM.
I had a game with the Rapids in '08, the drafting experience was interesting.

EDIT: And by interesting, I mean that I let the assistant do it.

Simon

I had a game with the Rapids in '08, the drafting experience was interesting.

EDIT: And by interesting, I mean that I let the assistant do it.
haha but from experience (i.e WCC) you hate the whole drafting process, me on the other hand enjoys it, so who knows.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Meh I have nothing against drafts. I don't like the one in WCC because it means I have to actually pay attention to my squad and look for where I'm weakest, then scramble through a a massive spreadsheet for players who fit the bill, then pick 75 of them in case every single on of my picks is taken before me.

Stupid WCC draft.

Simon

Meh I have nothing against drafts. I don't like the one in WCC because it means I have to actually pay attention to my squad and look for where I'm weakest, then scramble through a a massive spreadsheet for players who fit the bill, then pick 75 of them in case every single on of my picks is taken before me.

Stupid WCC draft.
I'm more than happy to take suggestions for something to replace it.

Anyway think I'm going to start a new game tomorrow, want to avoid Europe this time around, also on FM08 had massive problems playing in Australia, with registration issues etc... **** me no end. Thats why I'm thinking MLS, maybe could try the South American leagues.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha it works fine, no dramas. I'm just a lazy ****.

I had a game with Fluminense in 08, was really fun. Hard to tell the 500 ****s with the name R---inho apart though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha it works fine, no dramas. I'm just a lazy ****.

I had a game with Fluminense in 08, was really fun. Hard to tell the 500 ****s with the name R---inho apart though.
Assign nicknames imo. Had a game with Santos in FM07, had to assign nicknames to blokes as there were a few times I had players in wrong positions (think I had 4 first team players with basically the same name :mellow:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Asenjo becomes an incredible keeper in my teams and Pogrebnyak is deadeye when given the right service. Beastly in the air especially.

Craig

World Traveller
Man Vincent Kompany could not defend to save his life. Maybe Belgium should stick to beer and cycling instead of football :dry:

analyst

U19 12th Man
Man Vincent Kompany could not defend to save his life. Maybe Belgium should stick to beer and cycling instead of football :dry:
Kompany was exceptional value for money on the old games, I think in this FM he is best used as a defensive midfielder as opposed to the centre half position we have been used to seeing him in.