• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Loving the 3d tbh. Makes me "feel" the game a lot better, copping goals hurts more now than ever, the anger every time we lose possesion or miss an easy interception burns like I was watching a real game.

But there has to be an injury bug in the game. I thought my players got injured a lot in previous editions but this one just takes the case. Never really bothered with short term loans at a big club but might just have to now.
Yeah it's quite a common problem, the patch should sort that right out though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
For any Man Utd fan who knows his way around the editor and can't wait for the next data update/patch:

Rafael

Finishing 7 -> 10
Long Shots 7 -> 8
Marking 7 -> 9
Passing 12 -> 13
Penalties 2 -> 8
Tackling 10 -> 12
Technique 13 -> 14

Aggression 12 -> 14
Bravery 12 -> 14
Composure 10 -> 13
Concentration 10 -> 11
Positioning 6 -> 8
Work Rate 13 -> 15

Injury Proneness 0 -> 3
Jumping 9 -> 11
Stamina 8 -> 10
Strength 9 -> 10

Left Foot 10 -> 12

CA 110 -> 125
PA -8 -> -9

Current Rep -> 120

Add dives into tackles PPM

Fabio

First Touch 12 -> 14
Heading 9 -> 13
Long Shots 10 -> 13
Marking 6 -> 8
Tackling 6 -> 9

Composure 10 -> 11
Positioning 6 -> 7
Work Rate 10 -> 14

Acceleration 14 -> 17
Balance 7 -> 11
Jumping 9 -> 12
Pace 15 -> 17

Left Foot 11 -> 13

CA 89 -> 115
CR -> 105

Rodrigo

Corners 4 -> 12
Finishing 10 -> 12
Free Kicks 3 -> 10
Long Shots 11 -> 14
Marking 8 -> 10
Penalties 5 -> 11

Composure 12 -> 14
Creativity 12 -> 13
Decisions 11 -> 12
Positioning 8 -> 10
Teamwork 11 -> 13

Agility 11 -> 13

CA 101 -> 115
CR 100 -> 115

From the Man Utd researcher indicating what they'll be like in the next patch.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Having much more success at the moment, 6 game unbeaten streak and just thrashed the league leaders.. Just a shame it's too late in the season to really matter..

Still using 4-4-2, I have a lot of creative freedom, hard tackling, fast tempo and attacking play, with counter attacks.. And everything else unchanged or turned off.. I've also stopped buying players and invested in coaches and youth training to the max. I've now got a leading goalscorer who is 17 and plays for SA U'19's.. Wonder how long it will be before he is off to a SAPL club.. I'm already getting offers of £20K for him..

I used to play CM2 but I can't imagine playing a football management sim without a 3D engine.. Glad there is a relitively realistic one with it available now..

roseboy64

Yeah it's a good point to try your tactics out for a few matches. Can't coun't on my fingers the number of people complaining on the forum about the game and then when they actually realise they're playing it wrong....It's not the same game as it was before.

Oh and second patch out before Christmas tentatively.

analyst

U19 12th Man
Yeah it's a good point to try your tactics out for a few matches. Can't coun't on my fingers the number of people complaining on the forum about the game and then when they actually realise they're playing it wrong....It's not the same game as it was before.

Oh and second patch out before Christmas tentatively.
Pretty sound points, I struggled adapting at first but got the hang of it later. It was not that so much that I was rubbish, it was more that I was an expert at drawing and making the most obvious results seem impossible.

I managed different clubs just to see how the game works, its actually relatively easy with most teams that have a transfer kitty above 15 million. As you said you don't really spend much if you are a half decent team anyway.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pfft, got rid of my youth players who served me so well, and made an absolute fortune (relitively speaking, started the season with 12K, ending it with 150K)

However, apparently I "lack the funds to make new transfers", is this due to the old limits set by the board at the start of the season, and that will be rectified next year?

analyst

U19 12th Man
Pfft, got rid of my youth players who served me so well, and made an absolute fortune (relitively speaking, started the season with 12K, ending it with 150K)

However, apparently I "lack the funds to make new transfers", is this due to the old limits set by the board at the start of the season, and that will be rectified next year?
What kind of bankrupt club are you managing, that starts you on those funds? I am sure it must be Arsenal, only they seem to be that stingy with a budget, but I am sure on FM they have a bit of money to play with, actually I am sure even the likes of Hull and Stoke have a bit to throw around.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What kind of bankrupt club are you managing, that starts you on those funds? I am sure it must be Arsenal, only they seem to be that stingy with a budget, but I am sure on FM they have a bit of money to play with, actually I am sure even the likes of Hull and Stoke have a bit to throw around.
Ha, no I started without a club, from the bottom, called a real challenge :) So I ended up managing a second division University Side in South Africa..

Craig

World Traveller
Pretty sound points, I struggled adapting at first but got the hang of it later. It was not that so much that I was rubbish, it was more that I was an expert at drawing and making the most obvious results seem impossible.

I managed different clubs just to see how the game works, its actually relatively easy with most teams that have a transfer kitty above 15 million. As you said you don't really spend much if you are a half decent team anyway.
I am the opposite, there is a departure and arrival lounge, at the clubs I'm at. I weed out the rubbish to bring in better players, and I hate having big squads as I have too many guys missing out. I like to have them out on loan so I can recall them, if need be :)

It works though, as I have been succesful at all clubs I have played with (and not just Inter).

analyst

U19 12th Man
I like that new option FM has of your assistant being able to reccomend a player you can loan espescially when you are a cash strapped club in need of a player soon.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
If anyone wants a good relatively young English midfielder look for Peter Whittingham at Cardiff he can play anywhere in the midfield and he's only 24, and has pretty good stats too. Even replaced Martin Petrov for me at City

analyst

U19 12th Man
I am the opposite, there is a departure and arrival lounge, at the clubs I'm at. I weed out the rubbish to bring in better players, and I hate having big squads as I have too many guys missing out. I like to have them out on loan so I can recall them, if need be :)

It works though, as I have been succesful at all clubs I have played with (and not just Inter).
I like to think of myself as something of a Mourinho, I generally don't make too many changes but I do bring in new players who ease out the weak links. At United, I got rid of O'Shea and bought in Marek Jankulovski. He is brilliant.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
O'Shea is actually a very handy player for mine on 09, I love the players that can play DRLC and hes one of the best performing ones. Very handy bench player.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I see myself bringing the Wimbledon Crazy Gang mentality (and tactics) to South Africa.. Mid table in the first league season, and through to the third round of the cup after dispatching a premier league team 3-0..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Having now got the game and played it for a while I now appreciate that it is indeed a lot harder than previous versions, the pressure on managers at top level clubs means that it's no longer a completely easy ride to pick one of the top teams in a league and roll with them. After 7 games with Arsenal I am sat in 8th position in the league having shown up to games I fully expected to win and ended up getting beaten convinvingly (not unlike real life I suppose), have really enjoyed it so far though, even the 3D match engine has been useful.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Started a Blackburn Rovers game on FM09

As I don't play with transfer budgets till Jan my only signings have been Kasey Keller (Free Agent, As my short term backup GK while Bunn goes out on loan to gain exp.), Landon Donovan (Joins Dec1 from LA) and sent out an offer to loan Belleti

Playing a 4-2-4

May keep Fowler around to teach youth

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Managed to come away from Old Trafford with a 3-0 win, only to then lose to Newcastle at home, frustrating, am now up to 5th in the league, and not far behind the leaders....so looking a bit more promising now...

Fernando Gago has added some much needed fight to the midfield, and Theo Walcott has been very important on the right wing. Am liking the fact that SI have listened to the feedback regarding the League Cup, can now play all my reserves in it and not have to worry about the board getting the hump with me if I go out early..

Simon

Newcastle are easily the most annoying team to play against on FM09, as man city i have won at old trafford, anfield, draws against arsenal and chelsea away too, but have lost every game home and away to Newcastle, they **** me no end.

Simon

Yeh I like that the competitions bit in the confidence has been altered. Although it sucks I won the League cup and get no recognition for it.
Although in last years FA cup they wanted to make the semis but I lost on penalties to Man Utd away in the 4th round, but they were ok with it.

roseboy64

Managed to come away from Old Trafford with a 3-0 win, only to then lose to Newcastle at home, frustrating, am now up to 5th in the league, and not far behind the leaders....so looking a bit more promising now...

Fernando Gago has added some much needed fight to the midfield, and Theo Walcott has been very important on the right wing. Am liking the fact that SI have listened to the feedback regarding the League Cup, can now play all my reserves in it and not have to worry about the board getting the hump with me if I go out early..
Veloso and Diarra are gun at DM TBH. Not had a chance to test it myself yet. Will get to from Friday afternoon onwards when my exams are over.