Cricket Player Manager
Page 123 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3567
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Still only my 01/02 with Panathinakos, won five league titles in a row then I had what I like to call "the game ****ing me over moment" with two games left I'm one point clear of second place who we are playing in that second last fixture, a win will give us the title, we lead 2-1 before they get an injury time penalty to equalise, I lose the last game and they win theirs, title gone. Have since won the next two titles.

Not having much luck in European competition, in the past nine seasons have made the champions league semi finals five times and still havent gotten to a final. Also lost a uefa cup final in there somewhere.

Have tried a bit of international management, firstly with New Zealand and went nowhere, lost the regionals to Aus 2-1 and then I quit. Later had a go with Australia and made the World Cup quarter finals in 2018 before losing to Greece 2-1. Just been given the Romanian job but havent played a game yet.

Being 2019/2020 my entire squad is regens so no point listing my players, but most of them are guns.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Still only my 01/02 with Panathinakos, won five league titles in a row then I had what I like to call "the game ****ing me over moment" with two games left I'm one point clear of second place who we are playing in that second last fixture, a win will give us the title, we lead 2-1 before they get an injury time penalty to equalise, I lose the last game and they win theirs, title gone. Have since won the next two titles.
    Winning the Greek league with Panathinaikos a bit like winning the Scottish with Celtic, itbt.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

cpr
    Finished with FM for the night, will pick it back up on monday night, which is the next time i'm off work. Halfway point in the season, 19 games, 21 points, sat in 12th, almost steadied the ship (when i say steadied, its wobbling back and forth constantly, but at least i know its not going down).

Think i need to shore up the defence a bit, and mebbie another striker (though thats a luxury), any recommendations for £12m who's British/Irish and will come to Sunderland? Thinking of snatching Dunne if I can
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Lescott is a bit of a club whore in the games i've played in '08 so he might be worth a shot (or are you needing someone better?). Should give you plenty to have lash at a decentish striker as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Sturridge, Onuoha.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 09-05-2008 at 08:51 PM.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Winning the Greek league with Panathinaikos a bit like winning the Scottish with Celtic, itbt.
    haha yeh pretty much, out of the "big" Greek sides they were doing the poorest when I got the job, struggling to avoid relegation, no money, crap stadium and it took a good three seasons to crack the top two. Have some pretty stiff competition from AEK, Kalamaria, Olympiakos, PAOK and Panilikos though and pretty much all the titles have been hard fought. Really I'm only after European glory as I'm still trying to win the Champions League with a club from every possible nation on that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just been given the Romanian job but havent played a game yet.
    Do us proud. Or else.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

International Coach
    Morton gradually getting closer, we were in the top half of the SPL split for the first time in our history in the season just gone.

Old Firm dominance has been broken (sort of), Aberdeen beat Rangers to second place, first time that's happened in this save game. Celtic have won their 8th title in a row, or something like that.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Struggling early in my second season, 1 point from my first 3 games and out of the League Cup. Got a decent kitty £10m now) following a couple of sales but the board will give me **** all for wages which has resulted in a couple of half-decent signings that would have seen us safe fall through. I believe on FM08 you can move your transfer funds into your wage budget, god I wish I could do it on 07.
    Phil Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Struggling so far in my second season. Currently 4th with Utd. Tricky form so far but still only a couple points beind the leaders so can still make up for it. 2nd in CL group winning one and losing one. Out of the CC after going down to Everton with my fringe players in extra time.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Finally made it to the champions league final after losing in the semis five times, however we lost on penalties after a 1-1 draw with Lazio, then finished 3rd in the league and I got sacked. So the dream is over, not sure where I'm looking next, maybe Denmark or Sweden or even Poland look interesting.
    Last edited by Simon; 10-05-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    Finally see it now. You can download a program to change the logos and names of leagues to the currect ones as well as a program to give you real player pics and club badges.

They're not programs, they're just files you need to put in the right directories.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity

here's the state of the current team of mine, excuse the weak league position, only played the first 2 games of the season, which were away to champions palermo and at home to milan. Finished last season in 4th and will soon embark on the champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    They're not programs, they're just files you need to put in the right directories.
    True. That post was made late at night though, almost 1 am my time, on the day that the BPL title's decided.

Thread Information