Cricket Player Manager
Page 122 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3567
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Started a new game on CM01/02, replaced Salisbury City with Shipston Excelsior in the Conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Reaching the end of my 1sts eason at Pompey, will finish it tonight, my pre-season aim was to avoid the drop, been in the dogfight all year then somehow beat Arsenal with 8 games left and have no climbed to 11th with 3 to play, good chance of getting up to 9th. I have applied for the InterTwoBob cup, or the Euro Vase as FM likes to call it and reckon I could well qualify.

Unfortunately, though, my excessive spending has brought the club's finances to their knees and it will be a long hard summer
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Dominating with Citeh at the moment (in 2011), probably going to resign soon.

GK: Hart
    Backups: Schmeichel, Romanian u-19 keeper (computer gen) in my reserves who's a gun.

DL: Bale
    DC: Onuoha
    DC: Richards
    DR: Corluka
    Backups: Dunne (about to retire), Bacinovic, Aleandro Rosi.

ML: Silva
    MC: Johnson
    MR: Gyan
    Backups: Petrov (getting close to giving it away), Bojinov, Darron Gibson, Gelson Fernandes, Lulinha, Cardenas.

AM: Aguero/Elano (they cycle)
    Backups: Ireland, Zarate, Lulinha

ST: Huntleaar
    ST: Berbatov
    Backups: Vincenzo Mariani (computer gen), Kezman (getting worse rapidly), Sturridge.

Going alright.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 09-05-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

cpr
    Hmm, couple of guys coming in in January, proof that signing British only is expensive and ends up with pap. Chris Brunt costing 4m from the baggies (will train him up to be a bit better in AM, though him and Ross Wallace can alternate in ML if i get a decent midfielder in). Nicky Hunt from Bolton costing a mind blowing 5m, but he's the best i can get to Sunderland, and Phil Bardsley is pap.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

If you're going English-only, try and get Sturridge. He's a goal scoring machine after a few seasons (assume you're talking about FM08).

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Hmm, couple of guys coming in in January, proof that signing British only is expensive and ends up with pap. Chris Brunt costing 4m from the baggies (will train him up to be a bit better in AM, though him and Ross Wallace can alternate in ML if i get a decent midfielder in). Nicky Hunt from Bolton costing a mind blowing 5m, but he's the best i can get to Sunderland, and Phil Bardsley is pap.
    Decent young Brits at United and Liverpool. Tried West Ham?
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

The ones (at least most) are extremely hard to get. Most are pretty loyal and don't really want to move from a big club to a smaller club. This is in my experience, anyway.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    If you're going English-only, try and get Sturridge. He's a goal scoring machine after a few seasons (assume you're talking about FM08).
    Cartainly one i know about and have my eye on, thinking Steven Fletcher and Michael Chopra (with Stokes on the bench) are OK for the moment, midfields my big strengthening spot

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Hard balance really, good youngsters is nice, but i NEED players who are already Prem quality, otherwise i'm going down. Got Chris Eagles on loan, but he's not really upto the standard i want, feel Whitehead/Leadbetter are the better midfield combo, and have Burke on loan from Rangers for the right wing.

cpr
    Cartainly one i know about and have my eye on, thinking Steven Fletcher and Michael Chopra (with Stokes on the bench) are OK for the moment, midfields my big strengthening spot

Hard balance really, good youngsters is nice, but i NEED players who are already Prem quality, otherwise i'm going down. Got Chris Eagles on loan, but he's not really upto the standard i want, feel Whitehead/Leadbetter are the better midfield combo, and have Burke on loan from Rangers for the right wing.

Difficult to get them in if you're i alower division but don't think it'll be as difficult when you're in the same division.

Difficult to get them in if you're i alower division but don't think it'll be as difficult when you're in the same division.
    Most wouldn't budge to me with Everton or Tottenham, Gibson agreed to come to Citeh, strangely enough.

FFS Smith you crackpot, STFU

Most wouldn't budge to me with Everton or Tottenham, Gibson agreed to come to Citeh, strangely enough.

Oh strange indeed. Maybe it was your rep?

Finished 14th, been given no money for next season, had to sell Maldonado and Kranjcar may be on his way as well. Going to have to put my faith in youth next season, may end up with my superstar 15 year old in the side, did want him to do at least another year in the U18s before moving him up to the reserves, but hell my contract is more important than his long-term future

Thread Information