• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You don't have to follow him, there's more than one way of winning the same game. Obviously he isn't always right either, depending on his tactical awareness I presume.

With regards to the research and data, I didn't play the demo for long enough to have a look at the other sides, but I thought the United research was spot on (although possibly under-rating the likes of Possebon, Rafael etc, I hear the research was done in the summer though so that'd explain it). I think it all depends on who the researchers for the various clubs were, I'd assume some have been updated lots and others not at all.
Yeah, I noticed that quite a few players stats have taken a more rounded look in my brief test of the demo as well. Though like you say, if the data was all compiled during the summer it's not surprising to see the likes of Theo Walcott still harbouring pretty poor stats.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ind33d, though imo if the rest of the game works fine then it's a small price to pay. Btw Rose, what are the opinions on the forums since the game has been properly patched and released? Any glaring issues?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well from Thursday night up to Saturday people were having problems activating due to various issues. These seem to have been fixed though. Some people having problems with the data editor. A few minor bugs that weren't fixed in time for the first patch, one I think having to do with the Champions League, nothing to stop one from enjoying the game unless they're a pedant.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well from Thursday night up to Saturday people were having problems activating due to various issues. These seem to have been fixed though. Some people having problems with the data editor. A few minor bugs that weren't fixed in time for the first patch, one I think having to do with the Champions League, nothing to stop one from enjoying the game unless they're a pedant.
90 % of posts going "I can't play this game it's omg broken they should never have released software with bugs" in other words.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
90 % of posts going "I can't play this game it's omg broken they should never have released software with bugs" in other words.
Haha more than likely I would have thought.

Cheers Rose, at least it sounds like there aren't any hideously glaring issues with the match engine or anything integral like there was last year, sounds altogether quite promising.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah seems so from what I've read. The activation problems were due to the affiliate they used for the online activation and people not being able to see the their CD Keys properly because they printed them in an interesting way. When I get it this week or next I'll know what way.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmm, would quite like to go and get it myself, but I think one of my friends has got me it for my birthday in a few weeks so guess I had better wait till then.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you intend on playing with the 3D view and will long term then it's a good investment. However the difference between 09 and 08 wouldnt be enough for a minimal player to buy it. As I no longer have 08 I'm happy enough with this one.
The other new features like the press conferences are already getting a little tiresome but sending the assistant makes it ok.

One of the new features I do like is the transfer rumours, doesnt really add a whole lot to the gameplay but its fun.

Simon

yeh, most of the time though they just say they couldnt find out any information, or something along those lines.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeh, most of the time though they just say they couldnt find out any information, or something along those lines.
I've found that with the demo as well, though I have only tried it out whilst using quite high profile clubs, I imagine it may well be different when you try it as a lower league club.

Simon

I've found that with the demo as well, though I have only tried it out whilst using quite high profile clubs, I imagine it may well be different when you try it as a lower league club.
Yeh exactly, tbh I havent actually started playing a full on game yet, I've fiddled around for about 4-6 games with a couple of EPL teams to get a feel for it. Still deciding who my first major crack will be with.

Craig

World Traveller
Playing as Man City, I have just started and have played one friendly.

I have gone for:

--------------------------------------------------- Hart -------------------------------------------------

----------- Richards ---- Ben Haim --- Kompany --- Garrido --------------------

---------------- Wright - Phillips --- Fernandes --- Castillo -------------

--------------------------------------- Elano -----------------------------------

---------------------------- Jo ---- Robinho -------------------------

Got a few players lined, and they should join soon. So Smith you know more, any players in the squad I should piss off or the best tatics?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
there's twelve players in that lineup craigos.
No there isn't. You're reading SWP as two names.

I usually play 4-2-2-2 with two central midfielders and two wingers (both wing-backs as well) at Citeh. I usually go with Jo and Robinho up front with Petrov and SWP as wingers, midfield usually rotates but generally contains 2 of the Johnson, Elano, Gelson and Kompany. My back four is usually always Garrido-Dunne-Richards-Zabaleta, though Onouha usually comes into consideration as Zabaleta goes through some rouch patches.

This is all basic squad though. Haven't played 09 so I don't know the ins and outs but I'd suggest going after a good left back and a better right back. Zabaleta is generally poor in the FM games I've played, perhaps go after Rafinha from Hertha or something.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Get rid of Castillo and add a new Left Back, bring Johnson in for Fernandes and add Dunne for Ben Haim imo