• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Was going through some of the top players in my current save, just checking them out, and I found this quality winger at Real Madrid. Nothing new about that, until I saw where he was from...Kyrgyzstan. Anyone else ever found amazing players from extremely small nations? Pic below, for those interested.

Attachments

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope there's an option to tell opposing players they're **** in '09. Would love to tell Ronaldo where to stick it

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have taken Leeds from -15 points in League One to mid-table in the Championship in a little over a season. Pretty happy so far. Managed to build a partnership with Citeh and have Sturridge and Evans in on loan, as well as procuring James Beattie's signature from the Sheffield United Reserves (!!!). Have an England u-21 central midfielder playing for Watford in my sights for the winter transfer window.

Don't hate me Corrin :(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just got beaten at home as Australia by Norway 8-1. Sad sad day, Lucas Neill got a match rating of 3. Pretty much just sucked that day, no red cards, no penalties, just a case of everytime they shot they scored.

Simon

i actually resigned after said drubbing against Norway, as a joke i applied for the job back and they offered it to me again asking me to reconsider my resignation. I said no, the loss really hurt my pride.

On a side note, Australian players in general are absurdly under rated imo.

Johnners

**** yeah!! Somehow managed to stumble my way with Villa to the Premiership!!! We were in the top 3 for most of the season, pulled out to a 5 point lead with 12 games to go, only to stumble our way with a series of lacklustre performances to be just 1 point ahead of Man U & Chelsea going into the final day of the season. Our last match was against Sunderland at the Stadium of light, and things didn't look good at 1-1 going into Injury time. However, as he's done so often for us this season, Defoe somehow pulled out a goal with literally 6 seconds remaining (93:54, 4 minutes of injury) and secured the title!!!

New signings, Defoe (34 goals, 6 assists, that was just in the prem, scored 49 goals in all competitions!), right winger Mario Santana (4 goals, 12 assists), foward Chamakh (18 goals, 6 assists) and right back Dellafiore really made the difference. After that inspiring effort, you'd kind of think we'd have at least 2/3 players in the team of the year!

Nah ffs, the ****ing ****s were so bias to Man U, 'pool & Chelsea. Defoe didn't even make the team of the year ffs, instead they had Torres, who scored 15 less goals, and had a rating of 7.20 compared to defoes 7.45 partnering drogba (leading goal scorer). Then they 3 Man utd players as the players of the season, Ronaldo winning it, despite the **** only playing 25 games during the season ffs. Rooney second, with a lower rating and less goals than Defoe, and Anderson 3rd, yet he was better than Rooney & Ronaldo in the first place (played more games than both, had 20 assists, 8 goals and a better avg rating).

So ****ing wild

Johnners

Got over my Villa game quickly as soon as the transfer window came along. Anytime you have to pay 20m for a "good" left back, there's something wrong with the transfer system. Inflation was something shocking, Defoe went for 30m to arsenal, and I couldn't get another striker for anything less than 25, ****ing annoying.

Anywho, decided to start over (again), this time with a bit of LLM, taking on the job at Leeds. Managed to get Liverpool as my parent club, and then get Sebastian Leto, Stephen Darby & Nabil El Zhar on loan. Further bolstered the midfield by acquiring the Iraq captain, Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail (y)

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Currently in 2028 at Lyon, My 6th club. Playing with an edited DB, which put Celtic and Rangers into the BSP. Spent my first 11 years at Celtic, who I got into the premiership, before spending a few seasons at Spurs. Then moved on to Stuttgart, where I spent a year, then a year and a half at AZ, Then 2 months at CSKA Moscow (I joined halfway through the season, with them in 15th, got them up to 9th, and then got fired because of our bad position8-) )

Now at Lyon, finished 4th last season, looking to challenge for the title this season. Also just got fired from my job as Swedish manager, after getting them into them into the WC final (lost to England, who are no.1 in the world). It's a lot of a fun seeing how things change around the world of soccer, Chelsea were the first of the big 4 to be relegated, 2 years ago, however they bounced straight back up,now its Utd who have just been relegated. West Ham have just won the EPL :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have taken my Leeds to the Prem after Beattie went nuts in the League and took us to 3rd. We beat Sheffield United in the playoff final to progress.

Seriously worried about keeping us up though. We were leaky at the back in the Championship, we'll be dreadful. Only have 14m to spend, hoping I can pull in a good CB in on a free. My midfield is going guns though, got a few English u-21 mids who have been bossing it plus a few calm older heads. At least with Beattie up front we'll have a few goals.

Craig

World Traveller
Got over my Villa game quickly as soon as the transfer window came along. Anytime you have to pay 20m for a "good" left back, there's something wrong with the transfer system. Inflation was something shocking, Defoe went for 30m to arsenal, and I couldn't get another striker for anything less than 25, ****ing annoying.

Anywho, decided to start over (again), this time with a bit of LLM, taking on the job at Leeds. Managed to get Liverpool as my parent club, and then get Sebastian Leto, Stephen Darby & Nabil El Zhar on loan. Further bolstered the midfield by acquiring the Iraq captain, Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail (y)
Haha, that is an awesome name.

Still in my second season with Fiorentina (takes me about 3 weeks to do a season), and I am currently on top of the table and I had a 4 point lead over Inter, which got reduced to 1 after their 4-0 trashing of Atalanta, and I have SS Lazio and if I win I get my four point lead back because obviously I have a game in hand. And I will need it as I have Inter in my next league game and I will need every bit of advantage I can get. Lost the UEFA Super Cup and the Italian Super Cup to Arsenal and Inter respectively but so far have beaten Roma (2-1), Milan (somehow managed to win 1-0) and Juventus (3-1).

Last edited:

Simon

Just left Bayern Munich after two pretty good seasons, won a couple of titles and made the semis of the champions league so it was a solid effort. Have been offered the Napoli job in December and they are running last, could be an interesting challenge. Have some very good players however have no sided midfielders and have very little cash to purchase anyone with much ability.

Craig

World Traveller
Something is starting to annoy me, is there any patches that fix up the names of leagues and competitions etc.? It is starting to bug me that when I play in the European Cup/Champions League that it is still called Champions Cup.