• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Gonna start a FM game in Holland with either

AZ or Feyenoord not sure yet TBF

someone pick for me

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FTR, last night, Villa pulled off one of the upsets as the season, as we comfortably defeated Chelsea 2-0 at Stamford Bridge! Both goals came in the first half, with Gabby slotting home his 3rd of the season, and Craig Gardener scored a deflected shot off Terry. Fulham have put in a 2.4m bid on Luke Moore, which i've accepted, hoping to raise enough funds to have a crack at a decent striker/AM before the close of the january window.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Am thinking of re-installing FM07 so i can play my most favoritist save ever though i can't remember if i started it on a patch or a database either way would i be able to play in on the 7.01/7.0.2 patch?

Craig

World Traveller
Should probably sort out your tactics too and maybe get better or different defenders for the system you're using.
Play 4-4-2 myself. Score heaps though.

In relation to Camps post, has anyone ever made a successful ultimatum to the board? Best I have seen is getting a response along the lines of "the board recognise all the good work you have put in at the club etc...however, regret that your demands cannot be met due to a lack of funds, however, wish for you to continue at the club etc..."

Every other time it has resulted in being warned and then sacked.
I have done it once or twice.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
SI have released a 2 part video on their Youtube channel, going through some of the updated features for FM09. Have to say, it looks quite promising. They've finally made the big leap to having a 3D display for matches.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SI have released a 2 part video on their Youtube channel, going through some of the updated features for FM09. Have to say, it looks quite promising. They've finally made the big leap to having a 3D display for matches.
Looks like I'll have to wait till 2010 then. Big leap versions always tend to be a tad buggy.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
FFS, 3D not necessary IMO, as Vimes says it will probably be a while before they get it right.

EDIT: Upon watching youtube video in question, you can still choose to go 2D if you wish, which is excellent, because presumably 3D will not be ready yet.

Have to say the stuff about the assistant advice sounds excellent, as I've always felt in the past that the assistant is a bit useless. And given he now gives tactical advice, that's good because I'm useless tactically.

Last edited:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I don't mind the idea of them using 3d. Particularly as I'm prone to abusing refs after matches when apparently I shouldn't have. At least this way i'll have a bit more thought behind it. Liking all the other features alot though, good to see they've completely ripped up the transfer system and put in a new one. And the press conferences look pretty cool as well.

Craig

World Traveller
Brought Andrea Barzagli for £15.5m from Palermo (probably got jibbed there), getting offers from anywhere from £18-23m, take it or not? And who would be a good replacement?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Brought Andrea Barzagli for £15.5m from Palermo (probably got jibbed there), getting offers from anywhere from £18-23m, take it or not? And who would be a good replacement?
Ezequiel Garay, though he may well have already been bought by the likes of Real Madrid or Man Utd if you have played your current save for a few seasons.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Re: FM09

It's definitely nice to see SI moving forward and trying to add something new to the game regarding the 3D match simming. But has Mork and Halsey have already said, 1) It's not really neccesary and 2) It will be as buggy as hell. Be interesting to see how the inclusion of the 3D engine affects the system requirements for running the game in the first place as well.

Craig

World Traveller
Ezequiel Garay, though he may well have already been bought by the likes of Real Madrid or Man Utd if you have played your current save for a few seasons.
He is at Valencia ATM, although I could be able to get him. Going for a big money bid for Dani Alves as well.

Inflation is definatly a problem in my game, Sergio Agüero was sold to Real Madrid for £40m. Rafeel van der Vaart was offered to me by PSV (he got sold to them in my 1st season) for £23m. Er, no.