• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Because I'm such a club whore, I turned down a contract re-newel with ES Troyes AC after 2 seasons, and took up 2 year offer with Fiorentina. The game is currently in August 2011, so the squad looks a little different to sledgers.

I quickly disposed of Jan Kronkamp, who was the first choice right back, and picked up Rafinha for 8m from Atletico Madrid, who were shockingly relegated in 10/11. With the team lacking a proper left midfielder, we forked out another 9m for Pablo Barrientos (OGC Nice), and then another 8.5m for Petri Pasanen from Aston Villa who bolstered a weakness that was the 2nd centreback. I also splashed out 1.2m to pick up Lazio's backup 'keeper, Fernando Muslera, as the only backup I had for Frey were a couple of not so flash u-19s.

The previous Manager (who was sacked after the team finished 8th, despite a predicted top 4 finish), had also signed Henok Goitom, and Adrian Mutu on free transfers. Why he got Mutu is beyond me, he's 32, and is very much on the decline. Francisco Merida was another who has just gone to AC Milan for 14.5m, he wanted to go, and we don't really need him. The first team will look something like this:

Where's Montilivo? :@

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Osvaldo was listed by request when I took over, but I was only getting offers of around 3m, which was waaay to cheap (considering his value was 6m, and I wanted cash to get replacements), but he then requested he be taken of the list so he's still around. He'll provide some solid cover off the bench though, because he's a "natural" on both the left wing and up front. He's too slow for my liking though, so unless he has a very good season, I'll probably look to hock him off at the end of the season as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was sold to Liverpool in 07/08. Don't need him though, we've got Veloso & Fernandez instead :cool: (to go with Kuzmanovic, who quite frankly, is gun)
Yeah I decided to sell him as well, Kuzmanovic is a gun though no doubt, he's the spearhead of my midfield (just managed to tie him down to a new four year contract as well, very important).

Johnners

I'm actually a little unsure what to do with Kuzmanovic & Fernandez in the same team actually. Both should be starting, but Fernandez is a natural AMC, and I'm not sure the best way for me to have Veloso, Fernandez & Kuzmanovic on the park at the same time. I'm going to try how I've got it above, with Fernandez pushing foward from a Central role, but I'm worried it might leave the defence to exposed. Thoughts?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm actually a little unsure what to do with Kuzmanovic & Fernandez in the same team actually. Both should be starting, but Fernandez is a natural AMC, and I'm not sure the best way for me to have Veloso, Fernandez & Kuzmanovic on the park at the same time. I'm going to try how I've got it above, with Fernandez pushing foward from a Central role, but I'm worried it might leave the defence to exposed. Thoughts?
The way I incorporated Kuzmanovic into an already strong midfield was to convert him to a right winger, as his crossing ability is very strong, however, he has since improved and now warrants playing in the centre.

I'd give what you have suggested a go for a few games and see how it pans out, both at home and away. It may be worth toning down the mentality of your full backs as well so that if the worst comes to the worst you won't be left totally exposed at the back unless something out of the ordinary happens.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Have read some interesting stuff about tactics on CMFrenzy. Deleted my restarted Man Utd game and will start another plus one where I'm unemployed. Had some problems with changing the league names with LNCs and since I didn't go too far into it I just felt like starting over. Have now got a few shortlists of young potential talented players who I can get for frees. Only problem is Rafael and Fabio in my new Man Utd game. They're both suspended for a season. FMM isn't working too well so will see if I can download an earlier version or something. Loaning them to Antwerp would work? Shouldn't though since it's a global ban. They'll lose massive skill by not playing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lost in the champions league quarter final to palermo (3-4 on aggregate), but still, having reached this stage of the competition should bring in a load of TV revenue at the end of the season, not to mention the prize money gained already, and the club will have risen several places in the european rankings I imagine, so its been a pretty benficial season in that regard.

However the league isnt great still, in 8th Place with about 6 games left, and about 9 points away from where I want to be, i've been on great form and won about 5 games in a row, but so have Lazio and Juventus and all the other teams above me....crunch time now....

Roma in the coppa italia my next match..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Kid brother got me FM08 for my birthday...awesome. I don't want to bugger my laptop up so think I should remove FM07, does anybody know if there is any way I can save the game I have had going so I can play it again in the future?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kid brother got me FM08 for my birthday...awesome. I don't want to bugger my laptop up so think I should remove FM07, does anybody know if there is any way I can save the game I have had going so I can play it again in the future?
Even if you uninstall the game the saved game file will remained saved on your hardrivbe unless you completely delete everything associated with FM07.

To be totally safe open up my computer and find the folder where the saved games are and move them to your desktop, then when you reinstall the game just move them back.

duffer

Okay, starting a new game tonight and don't know who to choose. Anyone recommend me a lower league club to take to the Premiership?

duffer

OK, flipped a coin; Heads Brentford, Tails Notts County. Landed on tails so here I go Notts County.

EDIT: Trying to get to the Premiership by 2015.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also, anyone got any recommendations for me on FM08? I tend to not go the mighty whites, someone English, maybe start in the Prem but not big four