• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hahahaha, I suspect he'll probably score goals, I seem to remember that Greenacre did have good finishing on FM, even if nothing else, though I could be wrong. Playing against minnows all you need is finishing tbh, they're not good enough defenders to require much off the ball movement or pace or whatever else.
Robert Earnshaw on CM01/02 a prime example of this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Feeling somewhat guilty tbh, Tranmere are bottom of League Two and the only player scoring for them is Greenacre, I've caused him to miss a bunch of matches. :(

Going great guns with Ipswich though

Craig

World Traveller
Not had much game time lately, but made a cracking start in the Championship, it's still early days but I'm sitting around 2nd or 3rd

Got my first England game coming up, Greenacre will be gaining his first cap, I don't care what his stats are like, the truth is he's awesome and FM will surely recognise this fact in spite of his mistakenly average statistics suggesting that he shouldn't be playing internationals
If I can go up with Cittadella or to go to a bigger club Chris Greenacre will join. Hell I don't care if it is Real Madrid, will be awesome.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decided against going for Evil (I.E didn't take Arsenals offer) and have managed to steer Troyes to a solid 11th place in Ligue one, 8 games into the season. We've yet to take on any of the real contenders yet (PSG, Lyon, Bordeaux atm) but fingers crossed we can managed a respectable scoreline.

Craig

World Traveller
Greenacre declined my offer to join Cittadella on the basis I was not offering him enough money.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Started a new game with Man Utd. No good reason. Just felt to make use of the 8.0.2 update. Feels kinda weird though but meh.

Craig

World Traveller
Offer him more!!!
I couldn't though. It is almost January and I need to move a few players on to get out of debt and to settle my wage bill a bit. I will send a goalkeeper I have on loan from Bolonga in the games played he was horrible and get a new one in, I have too many right backs to begin with any way.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gone back to FM06, new game as southampton.

Managed to offload a couple of average youngsters to West Brom, who in turn have sent me the useful Geoff Horsfield and managed to pick up David Healy from Leeds on another swap deal. Still got £3m to spend on strengthening the rest of the team, should be able to achieve promotion with any luck.

Picked up a draw against QPR in the first match despite dominating proceedings, and managed to thrash Stoke 4-0 despite them having the better of me for nearly the entire match.

Johnners

ES Troyes AC defying the odds and sitting in 12th place, 18 games into the season. We've just had the highlight of our season though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Went back to my Fiorentina game...and its not been a great season...looks like the best league position I can hope to finish in will be about 8th, unless I go on an amazing run for the last ten games and hope that someone above me really messes things up. As the minimum expectation for the season was to qualify for the UEFA cup, this could prove very costly.

That said, I have reached the Champions League quarter finals and the semi Final of the Coppa Italia (could yet go further in both) and have done better than was asked of me at the start of the season...so that could keep me in the job.

In an attempt to refresh the side several players came and went in the January window, Marco Donadel finally got sold to Palermo for £7m, Abubakari Yakubu (£6m) and Sergiinho Greene (£3m) came in to bolster the side. However, my big gamble on Adriano (£5m) backfired and he will leave the club in the summer....hopefully I won't follow him.

On a side note, I have also taken over as manager of Ghana for the World Cup at the end of the season, will probably resign once its over and concentrate solely on my club.

Johnners

Because I'm such a club whore, I turned down a contract re-newel with ES Troyes AC after 2 seasons, and took up 2 year offer with Fiorentina. The game is currently in August 2011, so the squad looks a little different to sledgers.

I quickly disposed of Jan Kronkamp, who was the first choice right back, and picked up Rafinha for 8m from Atletico Madrid, who were shockingly relegated in 10/11. With the team lacking a proper left midfielder, we forked out another 9m for Pablo Barrientos (OGC Nice), and then another 8.5m for Petri Pasanen from Aston Villa who bolstered a weakness that was the 2nd centreback. I also splashed out 1.2m to pick up Lazio's backup 'keeper, Fernando Muslera, as the only backup I had for Frey were a couple of not so flash u-19s.

The previous Manager (who was sacked after the team finished 8th, despite a predicted top 4 finish), had also signed Henok Goitom, and Adrian Mutu on free transfers. Why he got Mutu is beyond me, he's 32, and is very much on the decline. Francisco Merida was another who has just gone to AC Milan for 14.5m, he wanted to go, and we don't really need him. The first team will look something like this:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh dear, that doesnt bode well for me, I was predicted to finish 4th as well, so I now fear the axe, maybe I can progress to the Champions League Semi-Final of win the Coppa Italia to save my skin...

Incidentaly I have Henok Goitom as well, he's a gun, scored about 50 goals in the last two seasons, and with about 9 games in the league remaining i'd imagine he'll get at least 4 more.

Going to have a huge clearout at the end of the season, Osvaldo, Ujfalusi, Liverani, Avramov, Semioli and Adriano will all leave, hopefully will be gievn a lot of money to go out and get new players in, if i'm still employed, otherwise it may be off to take over Ghana fulltime.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh dear, that doesnt bode well for me, I was predicted to finish 4th as well, so I now fear the axe, maybe I can progress to the Champions League Semi-Final of win the Coppa Italia to save my skin...

Incidentaly I have Henok Goitom as well, he's a gun, scored about 50 goals in the last two seasons, and with about 9 games in the league remaining i'd imagine he'll get at least 4 more.

Going to have a huge clearout at the end of the season, Osvaldo, Ujfalusi, Liverani, Avramov, Semioli and Adriano will all leave, hopefully will be gievn a lot of money to go out and get new players in, if i'm still employed, otherwise it may be off to take over Ghana fulltime.