• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Don't know how you manage to go through a season in a day... Do you watch the matches :blink:

It takes me a week to get through a season.
This being CM01/02, it processes stupidly quickly. Also being CM01/02, I can't watch the games, and have it mostly stuck on very fast commentary (except key games).

GIMH is also correct (well, I'm at uni, which is almost equivalent to being on permanent half term at times).

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can play a season in about three or four hours (depending on the league) on 01/02, its great.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On my FM Handheld for the PSP I can fly through the seasons. Had an Aston Villa game where I did about 10 years in two weeks, not bad considering I work full-time and have a few kids to take care of, gun

Bobisback

International Regular
About to start a new FM Handheld game, but no idea who i should start with. Dont want a too tough team, but someone easier then my usual Barca game :p.

Will play as the next suggestion. Remember, Handheld, so there is only a few countries, so nothing to wierd.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gun, just finished what was an amazing season with ES Troyes AC in French Ligue 2. We somehow managed to bowl over 4 straight Ligue 1 teams (who thankfully weren't at full strength, might I add) to make the final against Lyon. An amazing first opening 5 minutes saw us take an early 1-0 lead. Had it not been for poor finishing, we could have easily been 2-0 up. Lyon then got into the swing of things, scoring the next 2 to lead 2-1 at half time. We then managed to equalise with 10 minutes left, only for a terrible backpass (which left the keeper stranded) in injury time straight to Johan Elmander who calmly slotted home the winner for Lyon.

A rather unlucky draw in the French Cup saw us depart in the 10th round going down 4-1 to RC Strasbourg (running 4th in Ligue 1). However, the best was yet to come, running 4th for the majority of the season, we'd finally managed to draw even with 3rd place (yet behind in goal difference) only to have to play them in the 4th last game of the season. A lucky 1-0 victory saw us take 3rd place and the final promotion spot. The final 3 games were somewhat nerveracking as we managed to scrape our way to victories in the next 2 games, meaning we only needed a draw in the final game of the season against the league leaders. Things didn't look good at halftime, 1-0 down, lucky not be be further behind. However a 87th minute strike from on loan striker Butin saw us draw level, and secure promotion to Ligue 1!!

Don't think it's going to be easy to stay up now though as money is tight and I can't see the board granting me a transfer budget of anything more than 2m so I'll be relying on free transfers.

Bobisback

International Regular
Playing my Portsmouth game, finished 11th in the first season, quaters of both the league cup and FA cup. Was 2 points off 5th with 3 games to go, got 1-0 up early against Everton, then lost 5-1. Next game got 1-0 up early again and lost 3-1, then last game lost 1-0 to Arsenal. Was pretty upset.

This season, through to the quaters of the league cup, and after 11 games sitting way down in 15th with only 2 wins to my name. Has been frustrating.

Bobisback

International Regular
Interestingly enough, after the first month, my keeper got the Player of the Month, even though he let in the most goals.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone think FM07 > FM08?

Though its good, theres just something not quite right about FM08, much as I enjoy it, I just felt more at home with FM07 somehow...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, just for the boards 07 > 08, that said I've played more 08 than 07 since it came out for some reason. One thing massively in 08's favour is sensible load times, a major gripe with 07 for me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
thats the one thing thats stopping me going back to 07 tbh, that said FM08 is decent, nothing wrong with it that cant be ignored...just personal preference I guess, that said, one other thing that annoys me is the extremely inflated transfer prices you see on a regular basis after the first season.

i.e: players like Raul Garcia moving clubs for about £30m and then not playing, and the way that major clubs like AC Milan buy loads of players in teh same position and never play them, though thats been the case with every FM/CM for ages.

Bobisback

International Regular
Currently in my 3rd season as Portsmouth and have had an unbelievable start. Currently sitting 4th, 3 points behind Tottenham. Have knocked over Aresnal and Man Utd in consecutive weeks, even with 2 stars out. Finished 11th and 12th in the past 2 seasons, hoping to halve it this one.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohh, just a month away from the start of my 2nd season with Troyes, and Arsenal have offered me 200k/week, with a Transfer Budget of 150m, and wage Budget of 2.1m/week. The big question is, do I take it? I'm leaning towards no, have just finished up signing 6/7 blokes on frees for Troyes (sending me 5k/week over my wage budget. Needed to though, if I want to stay up) and grabbed 3/4 more guys on loan. That and I want the challenge of taking a team from rock bottom, to the top. On the other hand, I have 150m to do what I want. Means I can afford to buy Van der vaart, Carzorla, Richards & Hamsek and b00t out Adebayor & Hleb (hate 'em).

It's basically a choice between Good & Evil.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not had much game time lately, but made a cracking start in the Championship, it's still early days but I'm sitting around 2nd or 3rd

Got my first England game coming up, Greenacre will be gaining his first cap, I don't care what his stats are like, the truth is he's awesome and FM will surely recognise this fact in spite of his mistakenly average statistics suggesting that he shouldn't be playing internationals

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The Champions of Scotland looked like retaining their crown, at one point seven points clear of second placed Celtic. This lead has been whittled away, and Celtic now have a one point lead at the split (though I have them at home in the second last game, so it's still in my hands). Rather pissed off at our losing that big a lead tbh, although we haven't lost a lot of games, the lead has been whittled away due to Celtic winning something like their last twelve, and our sporadic dropped points.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Got my first England game coming up, Greenacre will be gaining his first cap, I don't care what his stats are like, the truth is he's awesome and FM will surely recognise this fact in spite of his mistakenly average statistics suggesting that he shouldn't be playing internationals
Hahahaha, I suspect he'll probably score goals, I seem to remember that Greenacre did have good finishing on FM, even if nothing else, though I could be wrong. Playing against minnows all you need is finishing tbh, they're not good enough defenders to require much off the ball movement or pace or whatever else.