• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
lol that Houllier one is a classic!

In my newly started Leeds game (With ****ty new Leeds roster...) i have been promoted to Premier League(1st season), Finished 7th in the Premier league, Runner up in the UEFA cup and won the Inter-Toto Cup. Now have run into a few financial problems...*Grumbles about stupid cheap-**** board members*

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i hav egot hull in 3 seasons to the premier league, played my first season and finished 2nd to totenham by 1 point, only had to qualify for europe so its all good for the hull boys at the moment!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just lost the confederations cup to italy 2 - 1 , ranked 2nd in the world to brazil by 6 points. all going well so far!

chris.hinton

International Captain
I have never done those sort of things. Granted the game is close to being a real life manager but never do that

These people are just very sad and mad people

Cloete

International Captain
chris.hinton said:
I have never done those sort of things. Granted the game is close to being a real life manager but never do that

These people are just very sad and mad people
mad... what a great word to sum up my managing.

CM 01/02 was a real bitch though, those offside goals and last minute goals were ********. The worst I ever did was kick the wall and put a hole in it after Roma scored 2 goals in the 90th minute(93,95) and I had a dis-allowed goal in the 89th in a champions league final with lazio!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thats roma for you though, i guess it as Cassano and Montella who got them, i swear they have a 100% record for scoring against teams managed by me...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My most insane CM moment is jumping up and down and shouting a lot and hugging my little brother when Russ Whelan scored an extra-time playoff final winner for Oldham to drive the Latics into the Premiership again.

The UEFA Cup triumph a few years later didn't create such emotion.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
My most insane CM moment is jumping up and down and shouting a lot and hugging my little brother when Russ Whelan scored an extra-time playoff final winner for Oldham to drive the Latics into the Premiership again.

The UEFA Cup triumph a few years later didn't create such emotion.

Legend :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thought it was time for an update of my Anderlect game...
After managing Anderlecht for 45 years, in which we won 18 leagues, 9 Belgian Cups, 17 Belgian Super Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA cup, 2 European Super Cups and 1 intercontinental cup, i resigned. Ive achieved all i could with that team so decided to go for a new challenge.
I took the job of 3rd division SV Roeselare, sitting 17th in group B after 8 games the board expected to go down. I inherited a side with crap players and no money, so loans were needed. We fought our way to near the top of the table and on the last day of the season we went first and won promotion to the 2nd division.

The next 2 seasons were hard, finishing 12th and 10th respectively, although i was building up a nice little side with Bosmans. Season 2048/49 was a real tough one to swallow, sitting in the top 5 all year, we manage to scrape into to second place late and secure a play off spot. however, having players sent off in 4 of the 6 play off games ruined our hopes, we came 2nd in our group, which included GBA, who came 3rd.

Season 2049/50 finally saw us promoted. Winning the 2nd division by 1 point from Club Brugge, which included a 5-1 at their ground. So it was onto the first division for SV Roeselare. Ive only played 1 season there in which we came an impressive 6th place to get us a UEFA cup spot. We could have finished higher, we were only 7 points behind first placed Charleroi with 6 games go to, but late losses saw us fall way off the pace. Anderlecht and Standard Leige were both relegated at the end of last season, meaning that in 50 seasons, no 1 team has played top flight football every season.

chris.hinton

International Captain
broncoman said:
thought it was time for an update of my Anderlect game...
After managing Anderlecht for 45 years, in which we won 18 leagues, 9 Belgian Cups, 17 Belgian Super Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA cup, 2 European Super Cups and 1 intercontinental cup, i resigned. Ive achieved all i could with that team so decided to go for a new challenge.
I took the job of 3rd division SV Roeselare, sitting 17th in group B after 8 games the board expected to go down. I inherited a side with crap players and no money, so loans were needed. We fought our way to near the top of the table and on the last day of the season we went first and won promotion to the 2nd division.

The next 2 seasons were hard, finishing 12th and 10th respectively, although i was building up a nice little side with Bosmans. Season 2048/49 was a real tough one to swallow, sitting in the top 5 all year, we manage to scrape into to second place late and secure a play off spot. however, having players sent off in 4 of the 6 play off games ruined our hopes, we came 2nd in our group, which included GBA, who came 3rd.

Season 2049/50 finally saw us promoted. Winning the 2nd division by 1 point from Club Brugge, which included a 5-1 at their ground. So it was onto the first division for SV Roeselare. Ive only played 1 season there in which we came an impressive 6th place to get us a UEFA cup spot. We could have finished higher, we were only 7 points behind first placed Charleroi with 6 games go to, but late losses saw us fall way off the pace. Anderlecht and Standard Leige were both relegated at the end of last season, meaning that in 50 seasons, no 1 team has played top flight football every season.

is this in cm01/02 or in cm03/04

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I am Arsenal and i am in 2012 my manager stats are all 20 apart from temperament which is 19 ive got about £60 million in the bank.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Armadillo said:
I am Arsenal and i am in 2012 my manager stats are all 20 apart from temperament which is 19 ive got about £60 million in the bank.
That's not an achievement.