• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Danny Williams king hit

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:
Very big chance, O'niells Cheekbone is apparently broken...

What is worse in the game we played against them about 8 weeks ago, Williams broke O'Neills Nose with a high shot and got nothing....

I Hope they take him to court over it as he has no defence at all and would be well worth seeing him finally face his dirty actions...
Well Williams defence is that he was dazed 8-)

Although that is going to be as effective as fighting a bush fire with a single garden hose.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
id be disapointed but not surprised if it went to court, let williams serve his suspension whatever that may be and forgive him if he comes back, or if he goes to play in england.

i also want to mention a big thumbs up to ref gavin badger who only in his 3rd or 4th match could have easily put him on report, but he had the balls to send him off.

Craig

World Traveller
I don't think Badger would have any creditbility as a ref if he didn't send him off.

If that was not worth a sen off then I don't know what was.

Simon

an apology isnt gonna cut it sorry, hes going to do hard time for it....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he apologised but the guys neer admitted to it...

To say that he was dazed is basically trying to deny it...
Especially when he ran so far, so easily to hit him...
Dazed people have trouble standing up most of the time...

Simon

hes kidding himself, theres no way he can escape a long suspension, i would have thought more of him if he took responsiblity and said "im an idiot and did something really stupid and ill cop any suspenion on the chin". but to try and make excuses makes him scum....

Craig

World Traveller
I was giving it some more thought.

Had Badger had been doing his job properly and awarded Melbourne the penalty this wouldn't of happened.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you even think of blaming the ref???

There is NO excuse...
The tackle wasn't that bad... He was falling and yeah it hit him high but they happen in every game, does the player get up and do that?? ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!! To even suggest blame be placed on the referee is a disgrace....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:

There is NO excuse...
The tackle wasn't that bad... He was falling and yeah it hit him high but they happen in every game, does the player get up and do that?? ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!! To even suggest blame be placed on the referee is a disgrace....
Calm down Blewy! I don't think Craig was blaming the referee for the king hit, and he does have a point. If the ref had of pulled it up I doubt there would have been a reaction from Williams.

In no way should the ref take the blame for king hit, but he should take the blame for poor refereeing in not pulling O'Neill up for the high shot.

Simon

you have to think back to the last melbourne v tigers game, o'neill and williams had a go at each other all night in that game too, i dont think anyhing the ref did would have stopped it from happening.....

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:

There is NO excuse...
Hold it cowboy.

Nowhere was I condoning his actions, you only need to read the first post of this thread.

O'Neill got him high, that is still a penalty, and it looked like a head slam in my eyes.

Chances are if it was called up it wouldn't of happened.

Simon

theres a lot of If's and but's involved now, he did it and i dont see the point discussing what might have happened if the ref made a different decision at a different time....

Andre

International Regular
Wait a minute here.

I don't think it would have made a differance one way or the other if the penalty was given....After all, Williams 'claims' to not remember the incident, so I doubt it would have stopped him...