• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

V Reddy

International Debutant
Since we are having various other threads for other sports, why not one for Golf and specially when Indians are starting to excel in it :D .

Jyoti is playing in the British Open . Jyoti is -3 in the second round after 11 holes and is 1 under par overall. Hope no more bogeys in the next 7 holes and he becomes the first Indian at the British Open to make the cut :notworthy . Vijay Singh is at T5 . Arjun continued his wretched form and missed the cut with two rounds of +3 :(

At the B.C. Open US Pga Tour, Daniel Chopra is T1 at present in the second round . Go Daniel , win your first pga tour title and retain the card :thumbs_up

Just as i type this , Jyoti made a double bogey and is at T40 now :wacko: . Go Jyoti

Here is a nice article on Daniel Chopra along with his pic

nibbs

International Captain
OMG I'm a member of a golf club. My best ever round is 96. Golf is totally awesome...

PY

International Coach
Singh is the man I reckon.

If not, then The Big Easy. Can't see Monty doing it with them two about. I think I'm right in saying that Monty has to play with Els and Singh so if he can cope with the pressure......

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
My younger brother and my dad are glued to the television. I don't care about the golf right now though, only the rugby game tomorrow. Go Bokke!!

Cloete

International Captain
Woods form atm is so shocking.. in fact it's been like that for the past 3 or so years!!

Goosen will take it out IMO. He'll have a round of 66 tomorrow. Then he'll card a 67 or so in the 4th.

Otherwise it will be Vijay, Ernie's been sipping off a bit too much lately, but he still mgiht do it as well.

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Daniel Chopra sure as hell don't look Indian!

Is he half Indian half something else?

He only coloured his hair blonde !!!! He considers himself as an Indian and that's the most important thing ;) :p

It's given in the article link i posted. His father is Indian and mother Swedish. He married an Aussie and settled in Australia

Reuben, yeah i counted him as a person of Indian roots. Same is the case with Dinesh Chand too .

V Reddy

International Debutant
Jyoti had a good one under par third round while Daniel had an even par and slid to T16 :mellow: . Check this report on Jyoti and small passage on history of Indian Golf

Indian Golf

India has the distiction of holding the second oldest tournament and also the first Golf Club to be built outside the British Isles :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
Golf has to be one of the hardest sports I have ever taken part in.

Everything has to be absolutely perfect to get the ball to go where you want it, otherwise you will slice/hook it or miss it all together :D

Not like in cricket where it is possible not to time the ball and still get a four (like a nick) or a dropped catch.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
Golf has to be one of the hardest sports I have ever taken part in.

Everything has to be absolutely perfect to get the ball to go where you want it, otherwise you will slice/hook it or miss it all together :D

Not like in cricket where it is possible not to time the ball and still get a four (like a nick) or a dropped catch.
I'll second you there... However one thing you have going for you with golf is no opponent...