• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
louis oosthuizen at the old course in 2010 had even bigger luck with the weather…so did lucas glover at bethpage black in '09…two that i can immediately think of…it doesn't really matter though, rory was the best player in the field regardless…sergio comes up just short yet again, scott had a great final round, he was probably the best on the "wrong" side of the draw...how about rickie fowler this season? 3rd at the accenture match play, 5th at augusta, 2nd at both opens...really seems on the verge of doing something great...
My memory is shot, but Pebble Beach usually a good one for weather differentials.

Rory clearly had that in-between-mind of not knowing whether to go for it or not. He did enough I think without ever really being worried. Like Faldo at St Andrews.

Fowler needs to shave and wear proper somber Pringle clothing, stop acting like a tween, and I might start taking notice, but now I can't get beyond a sneer.:wheelchai

I have to say though all this Open Golf nonsense has been rather overshadowed by the fact that there is a golfer called Brooke Pancake:notworthy

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rory was so good all week. Sergio put the pressure on a bit, but Rory always had it in the bag. How long till he wins The Masters and completes the Grand Slam?

Looking forward to a round tonight, played on Saturday, but wasn't my best. Parred the first, had a putt for par on the par 4 2nd, missed it, walked away with a ****ing 6, and from then on it was downhill, didn't score for 4 holes in a row on the front nine. Slightly brought it back on the back-nine, and finished with about 25 stableford points, but was not my best.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting. Obviously a statement that tries to damp down speculation so.......

...........Drink, drugs (rec or perf) gambling or summat else!?
i remember vijay alleging that dj (among 4 other players) took performance enhancing drugs and that the tour covered it up…wonder whether that has anything to do with this...

grecian

Well the Twittle-twattle (I made that up) was true DJ Tested positive for Cocaine. Which is both performance and recreational, so fair enough he gets banned. Good that the Testing is working, Gary Player and Vijat will be happy

The PGA looks wide-open, I like Charl, Keegan or Kaymer.

grecian

why do you like charl and keegan? neither have done much of note this season...
Well, I just like them I guess. In the end both seem to be coming into a little form too. The PGA just seems to give us surprising winners, we'll see.

Garcia had an incredible round yesterday, I guess he hype will go massive for that little ****, and of course Rory looks to still be playing well.

social

Money on Scott for this one

Six top 10s on the bounce without getting remotely hot on the greens so he is due and the course should suit him

It will also suit Rory as well so he will probably win but cant bring myself to back anyone else :D