Page 94 of 131 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1965
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

Eds
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

Man, that warms the cockles on a cold October morning. I think the Seppos even top the English for misguided sporting hubris.

My favourite bits:

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Wojciechowski
    It's over. Olazabal can click off the walkie-talkie and take the IFB out of his ear. Time for the Europeans to fire up the private jets and head back home to Florida.
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Funnypolishname
    Team USA has the kind of two-day lead that Cup captains pray for. It is as close to insurmountable as trying to climb Mt. Everest wearing a T-shirt, cargo shorts and flip-flops.
    Although partial credit for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Poos
    I've got a feeling Team Europe is doomed. I've got a feeling that Tiger Woods isn't going to go 0-for-Medinah. I've got a feeling that the eight veterans in that USA team room are reminding the four rookies it's time to step on a few throats.
    Woods, of course, halved with Moulinari to give him a half from a possible 4. Played Eldrick.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

To be fair to Woods, he had the match won until it became obvious that Europe had retained the trophy.

Then simply walked up and whacked the last few shots to get it over with asap and basically gifted a half to Molinari

Amazing days play with some brilliant play and monumental chokes from the spetics

Woods missed a 2 footer to win. Say what you want it was ****ing funny. Meant that Europe won outright rather than simply retaining by drawing too. It was brilliant.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    That was simply the greatest night of sport I have ever had the privilege to witness. Loved the fightback, never expected to win it but was proud how they gave it a go. To eventually get over the line and see a couple of games turn from 1 down after 16 to wins was amazing. Can't wait till Gleneagles when the crap tee shots by the Yanks WILL get punished.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    To be fair to Woods, he had the match won until it became obvious that Europe had retained the trophy.
    And he shouldn't have taken such a lax attitude. The USA could have still "halved" the tournament rather than losing it and wouldn't have shared in the record for the biggest choke. In fact, probably setting a new record as they've done it at home. Couldn't believe Woods didn't make Molinari take the putt.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    That was simply the greatest night of sport I have ever had the privilege to witness. Loved the fightback, never expected to win it but was proud how they gave it a go. To eventually get over the line and see a couple of games turn from 1 down after 16 to wins was amazing. Can't wait till Gleneagles when the crap tee shots by the Yanks WILL get punished.
    Only watched the last day but it was generally the Europeans that were spraying it everywhere

They won by virtue of holing miracle chips/putts not straight tee shots

Well done Manassero, earnt me 180 quid as I was asleep.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    A mate of mine who I used to play golf with got his spot on the PGA Tour next year after many years of slogging it out on the Web.com Tour. Finished 15th this year to automatically qualify for the step up. He's worked his arse off and is a top bloke, would love to see him go well next year.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Good to see Scott win the Oz Masters but sad to see how far the tourney has fallen

Used to attract a very high quality field (hint to organisers: dont schedule it on the same weekend as 2 European Tour events, you dumb ****s) and got great TV ratings

This event only had a few world class players and they literally couldnt give the coverage away for free to the commercial channels

IMG run the Masters, while one of their main competitors is used by the main Australian golfing body to run every other tournament; so the Masters in the last two years has been treated as the poor cousin.

Anyone watching the Australian Open?

Windy 4th round. Crazy stuff.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Play the ball as it lies.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    The mate I mentioned above came tied for 7th at the Aussie Open this week. His name's Scott Gardiner, he's been in a few of the papers the last couple of weeks after qualifying for the PGA Tour. As I said above, lovely bloke and hope he goes well in the US.

Page 94 of 131 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread Information