• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like the course isn't very USOpenlike. It makes me think it could be someone who is actually good. It's a big lottery when the courses get tricked up. So that would point at a certain Aissie who's been in form of late (Scott), or I wouldn't mind Sergio as a non Aussie.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't see compton doing much today and fowler, johnson and stenson need to play terrific golf and get a lot of help from kaymer to have a chance…it's kaymer's tp lose...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yep, he was just brilliant! the players and now this, he is on his way back to the top of the sport!

King Pietersen

International Captain
Pretty immense comeback for Martin Kaymer, having a Stenson-esque resurgence. Players Championship and US Open wins in the space of a month is so impressive. Embrace the power fade Martin!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the womens USOpen on the same course as the mens. Interesting stuff to compare, obviously massively easier because of the tees being brought up but interesting to see the short-game.

Wie really is a decent golfer now after her early stupid hype, but her putting stance looks so stupid. Stacy Lewis is a proper player too.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rory's last few holes have been so weird. He's gone birdie, double bogey, birdie, birdie, par, bogey, bogey, eagle, par. Plenty of good holes mixed in with some ****. Been the story of his game the last 18 months, other than at Wentworth.

Nice to see McDowell doing well today. He's the only guy in my fantasy team that's in the top 20 ATM. Only him, Larrazabal and Fleetwood are making the cut as it stands. 7 out of 10 missing the cut is shocking. Need Rory to put together some more birdies and at least make the cut!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Michelle Wie wins a major, some 10 years after all that hype about her being a kid playing in men's Tournaments. Woefully mismanaged back then, got silly deals from Nike and Sony. Yet then after a fair bit of failure, she went to Stanford University did the student thing and then after having a life she re-dedicated.

Good story, and the funny thing is she's only 24 now, so she could still have a long and decent career ahead of her.

Sharapova also hyped about 10 years ago too, and she's just won the French Open, but she's been ever-present since. I do remember them saying Wie would be bigger back then. Who knows may still happen.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rory played so well this morning. Course record 64, 7 under par. His 436 yard drive to make the green in one on the par four 13th was beyond epic. Phil's wedge off the road was unbelievable too. Perfect connection, and spun it off tarmac. He's so damn good with a wedge in hand.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rose looking good for me, or Rory. Rose had a really solid round today, got himself in contention, and he'll be there or there abouts in the Open. Rory was superb yesterday, and once again proved that when he's on song, no score is low enough to beat him. Having yet another Friday flop though, which is disappointing. Hopefully he'll pull it back and end the day right up there. Michael Hoey might be worth a punt at finishing in the Top 5. Been playing good golf recently, and doing really well in Aberdeen this week.

Playing a nice course down in Chichester tomorrow. Pretty excited. Worked 9 days in a row since getting back from Spain, so be nice to get back out on the course and play 18 again. If you're out in Spain, around Murcia check out the Mar Menor Golf Course if you get chance, great course. Nicklaus design, and has some beautiful holes set around a massive lake on the back-nine. We paid 180 euros for a weeks unlimited golf inc buggies as well, which is a stupidly good deal. Going back in September and taking advantage of all 5 courses they own, can't wait. Properly got the golf bug, has taken over cricket as my main sport addiction, love it.

Last edited: