• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd how far does Watson hit it? Immense driver of the ball.

This one really is a win for all Jeebus loving, good ol' boy homophobes.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fmd how far does Watson hit it? Immense driver of the ball.

This one really is a win for all Jeebus loving, good ol' boy homophobes.
Yeah, I must admit I was shocked when someone called Bubba had such a Backwards view of the World.

Must admit his game is exciting to watch, but I turned it off before the end to avoid the crying and god-bothering speech.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I must admit I was shocked when someone called Bubba had such a Backwards view of the World.

Must admit his game is exciting to watch, but I turned it off before the end to avoid the crying and god-bothering speech.
what did he say?:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bubba Watson, Masters champion 2014: 'Being gay is a sin' - Outsports, pretty ignorant, but it should be put into context of him suffering from Learning disabilities, he's really not very bright, and it isn't really hate-speech.

Yet everything about it is ignorant.
oh ok thanks…i hadn't noticed this before…but yeah it is pretty mild as far as homophobic comments go and not much of a shocker, i would not be surprised if the majority of the pga tour share the same sentiments…:)

grecian

oh ok thanks…i hadn't noticed this before…but yeah it is pretty mild as far as homophobic comments go and not much of a shocker, i would not be surprised if the majority of the pga tour share the same sentiments…:)
Well the USPGA tour is an, ahem, interesting place. I know a group of them decades used to have prayer meetings before every day, Azinger, Z. Johnson, Larry Mize, Davis Loveall confirmed god-botherers. Larry Nelson was a particularly swivel-eyed one, vietnam-vet and stared when talking about god, like he was just about to go up to a clock-tower for target-practice.

So yeah, normally would slate this type of attitude more, but in the end, it's what he's surrounded with, and it really does seem like bullying the slow kid in school.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
All my bets failed horribly this week. Dustin Johnson, what the **** was I thinking?
this is definitely not the major to bet on him…he has a horrible record at augusta, wait for the open or the pga championship...

social

grecian

Will Kuch manage not to choke this week?

Mind you he must make shed-loads of money without winning.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Kuch's shot at 18 was sublime. Looked like he'd bottled it after his breakdown on the green on 17, but man did he pull it back. Superb performance, and he's in my PGA Tour fantasy team!

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Lydia did very well, she's still so young and therefore improvements that will naturally occur.

As for the Masters, Bubba did well, obviously, his comments are to be expected from someone as blindingly religious as he is. But he's fun and gets the young crowd in. The Masters is the least prestigious of all the majors for me and I'm really looking forward to July and the Open!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well done by kaymer! spieth ****s up on sunday again…it is becoming a familiar sight now...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rory's played a couple of magnificent shots this afternoon, setting up 2 eagles. Would love to see him have a good week. The field have a big chase on their hands though, with Bjorn's 62.

King Pietersen

International Captain
nah **** him, he's a dickhead.
Gutted.

Awesome performance on the final day from Rory. Looked like Bjorn had it nailed on after his performance last night, but bottled it on the final day. Happy for Rory, can't imagine how tough a week it's been, so it's so impressive that he's ended up breaking his duck!

grecian

Gutted.

Awesome performance on the final day from Rory. Looked like Bjorn had it nailed on after his performance last night, but bottled it on the final day. Happy for Rory, can't imagine how tough a week it's been, so it's so impressive that he's ended up breaking his duck!
#TeamWoz

Nah he played brilliantly at the weekend gears himself up for the last three Slams nicely, would expect him to pick up one, and become number 1 on the way as we know he's the best golfer around.

social

Meanwhile, world no.1 won the Colonial

IMO, Scott and Rory clearly best golfers in the world sans Tiger

grecian

Too depressed to talk about golf, losing so much money, I'm giving it a rest for a few weeks. Korda winning the LPGA was the last straw, because I normally back her, but didn't this week because I couldn't get the best odds with my bookies that had credit in. Talk about a false economy, so instead of 80-1 I would only have had 66-1.