• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, i'm watching it. put money on Villegas. Next year, will be his year, mark my words.

The play-offs should of been brilliant, but when the top two decide to not take part in one of them, it takes a bit of gloss off it. Woods is a lock now, may have been interesting if phil had played all of them..

To think winning ten million dollars isn't that important to them:wacko:
villegas is looking great at the bmw, looks like he will qualify for atlanta...as for tiger being a lock, i am not so sure, stricker has been playing exceptional golf over the past three weeks...woods needs to win the bmw and then win or finish in a high position at atlanta and also have his nearest rivals do not so good to win the fedex cup...as for michelson, he can still win at atlanta and take the trophy home, anyone from the top 5 or 6 has a good chance...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
villegas is looking great at the bmw, looks like he will qualify for atlanta...as for tiger being a lock, i am not so sure, stricker has been playing exceptional golf over the past three weeks...woods needs to win the bmw and then win or finish in a high position at atlanta and also have his nearest rivals do not so good to win the fedex cup...as for michelson, he can still win at atlanta and take the trophy home, anyone from the top 5 or 6 has a good chance...
Your right, Stricker is making a fight of it. His forms come from nowhere this year. Its one of the things I like about golf that someone who you think is finished can suddenly become competitive again at a relative late age.

Looks like Camillos not going to win me any money this week, but he's definitely one to follow. Colombia's second favourite export.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Your right, Stricker is making a fight of it. His forms come from nowhere this year. Its one of the things I like about golf that someone who you think is finished can suddenly become competitive again at a relative late age.

Looks like Camillos not going to win me any money this week, but he's definitely one to follow. Colombia's second favourite export.
well tiger did what he needed to do in illinois, now the stage is set for another showdown with phil in atlanta, stricker just wilted under the pressure of having to play a super-efficient round just to stay with woods but he didn't do so bad in the end either...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm.

Tiger winning by seven, have to say it's a tad dull:unsure:
won by 8 actually...:), total domination, both mickelson and stricker faded away...woods is just too good, now he is one off arnold palmer's pga-tour win number...

Son Of Coco

Played The Dunes today down on the Mornington Peninsula...what a golf course! Extremely frustrating for the first 9 holes as I was hitting it well but scoring badly. Scored well on the last nine though (actually the front 9) after getting used to the layout and judging distances. A really fun day out on the course, with a few swear words thrown in! :laugh:

Perm

Been in poor form lately with my own golf. Need to start hitting these low 50's as I'd been doing relatively consistently. Will be purchasing new clubs soon too.

Son Of Coco

Been in poor form lately with my own golf. Need to start hitting these low 50's as I'd been doing relatively consistently. Will be purchasing new clubs soon too.
I'd like to get a new set myself, but I'm not sure the finances are up to it. A new pair of golf shoes would be nice too, instead of playing in Reef shoes with no grip. At the moment I'm borrowing a mate's set here in Melbourne...I do alright though as he was at the AIS for golf and has a decent set or two to lend!

Perm

I'd like to get a new set myself, but I'm not sure the finances are up to it. A new pair of golf shoes would be nice too, instead of playing in Reef shoes with no grip. At the moment I'm borrowing a mate's set here in Melbourne...I do alright though as he was at the AIS for golf and has a decent set or two to lend!
Haha, I'm not up to that level of needing special golf shoes or gloves or anything. My finances aren't up to it at all, almost broke ATM. Hopefully will sell the set I have at the moment for a good price and then look for a cheap set.

Son Of Coco

Haha, I'm not up to that level of needing special golf shoes or gloves or anything. My finances aren't up to it at all, almost broke ATM. Hopefully will sell the set I have at the moment for a good price and then look for a cheap set.
All the equipment does get a bit expensive...I last bought a set of clubs 8 years ago, and had some shoes, but rats chewed holes in them while I was overseas. They weren't that old either. Gloves are ridiculously expensive now.

Son Of Coco

Went and watched the Masters at Huntingdale today. Good value if you own a Mastercard...free entry plus they give you a voucher for $25 that you swap for a swipable card to buy food/merchandise etc...my mate managed to talk the promo girl into giving him two so we had $75 for the day. Two shirts @ $10 each and lunch! Beautiful! Also managed to have a go on the golf simulator...and saw Dave Hughes while we were getting lunch! :laugh:

We watched Apples and a few others for a while before heading back to Allenby and Baddeley. The course is awesome! Funniest part of the day was some guys heckling Allenby on the 13th (I think)...Baddeley missed a birdie chance and one of them said "Don't worry, he'll miss this". Allenby then threatened to have them removed by security. When he missed his putt they went "Awwwwww...baaad luck"!

They passed us again on the back of a golf cart being ******ed from the event and yelling "**** you Allenby!!!" as they went past :laugh: :laugh:

Made me want to play golf :dry:

Perm

Was watching some of that the other night actually. Gun shot by Maker, I'm sure you know what one I'm talking about.

Perm

Wow, tense finish there. Gutted that Chopra couldn't pull through, but he played some ordinary golf on the last day.

Perm

Anybody else watching the NZ Open? I've driven past the course before, and the scenery is amazing. Looks bloody tough though.

Fiery

Banned
Anybody else watching the NZ Open? I've driven past the course before, and the scenery is amazing. Looks bloody tough though.
Keeping an eye on it. Noone has shot better than a 68.

NZ Open

Michael Long, 1 off the lead. Gareth Paddison and Richard Lee, 1 shot back

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Special mention must be made of Sir Bob Charles, who is believed to have set a world/European record by making the cut at age 71.

Perm

Special mention must be made of Sir Bob Charles, who is believed to have set a world/European record by making the cut at age 71.
Indeed. I beleive he shot under his age in a couple of rounds too, which is a remarkable effort.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
another thoroughly dominant performance by woods at the target world challenge...wins by 7 shots...

grecian

Woods killing the opposition in the Buick. Faldo is predicting Tiger will win the Grand Slam this year:unsure: