• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

kipper

Cricket Spectator
I was just getting to the outermost part of the local course at hole 9 when I heard someone who had just teed off, "Did you here the bell ring?," "Nope", said his partner. Then there was a distant OI! as the bell sounded once.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
USA - Tiger Woods, Brandt Snedeker, Phil Mickelson, Matt Kuchar, Keegan Bradley, Jason Dufner, Bill Haas, Hunter Mahan, Steve Stricker and Zach Johnson Captain's Picks, Webb Simpson Jordan Spieth
International - Australians Adam Scott and Jason Day, South Africans Charl Schwartzel, Ernie Els, Louis Oosthuizen, Branden Grace and Richard Sterne plus Japan's Hideki Matsuyama, Canadian Graham DeLaet and Argentina's Angel Cabrera Cpt picks Marc Leishman Brendon De Jonge
Incredibly strong American side, though the international side is one that has experience at beating some of the big names in world golf. Look out for a surprise from De Jonge I think.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely love Scotty G., I used to follow him every time he was at the OzPGA at Coolum. Can shoot the lights out at times!
Yeah, when he gets it going he can shoot some pretty low numbers. I think he did so in the first tournament of the year in Hawaii this year. The good news is he's back on the tour for next year too. Came second in the end of the season Web Tour series to get himself back on there. I think 1st would've seen him qualify for The Player's.

The Battlers Prince

Yeah, when he gets it going he can shoot some pretty low numbers. I think he did so in the first tournament of the year in Hawaii this year. The good news is he's back on the tour for next year too. Came second in the end of the season Web Tour series to get himself back on there. I think 1st would've seen him qualify for The Player's.
Absolutely, would have been great to see him play when no one really knew him. Closest I came was playing a couple rounds in the same group as Jason Day in Bargara QLD. He must've been 14 or so I think. He hit his second on a par 5 to a green he could only just see and hug it on the lip of the cup. Best shot I've ever seen live.
Overall the Aussies are having a real golden run still in the US. Obviously Sharky started it for a lot of these guys, but now it seems they're really hitting their straps, Scott being number 2 in the world now, plus he's got the monkey of his back. Time to shine I think.

Son Of Coco

Absolutely, would have been great to see him play when no one really knew him. Closest I came was playing a couple rounds in the same group as Jason Day in Bargara QLD. He must've been 14 or so I think. He hit his second on a par 5 to a green he could only just see and hug it on the lip of the cup. Best shot I've ever seen live.
Overall the Aussies are having a real golden run still in the US. Obviously Sharky started it for a lot of these guys, but now it seems they're really hitting their straps, Scott being number 2 in the world now, plus he's got the monkey of his back. Time to shine I think.
I played a bit with Scotty at Coolangatta/Tweed. Played in the comp with him two days in a row once and he had 7 under the first day and 3 under the second. Didn't really seem to be doing much the first day, but every time he got close enough he nailed it for birdie. Seemed to be playing like **** the second day...and still had 3 under haha.

Actually, I played with him the first time he turned up at Tweed. He walked onto the first tee in the junior 9 holer's timeslot, and his fly was down. I thought, "who the hell is this bloke!?" haha

social

I played a bit with Scotty at Coolangatta/Tweed. Played in the comp with him two days in a row once and he had 7 under the first day and 3 under the second. Didn't really seem to be doing much the first day, but every time he got close enough he nailed it for birdie. Seemed to be playing like **** the second day...and still had 3 under haha.

Actually, I played with him the first time he turned up at Tweed. He walked onto the first tee in the junior 9 holer's timeslot, and his fly was down. I thought, "who the hell is this bloke!?" haha
First time I saw Adam was on the practice ground at Hope Island

As I am a left hander, I had my back to him but was conscious of this guy smashing it miles and straight

Turned around, saw it was a young kid and felt like chucking my clubs in the drink

At 15, he was so much better than I could ever dream of being that it was a joke

Son Of Coco

First time I saw Adam was on the practice ground at Hope Island

As I am a left hander, I had my back to him but was conscious of this guy smashing it miles and straight

Turned around, saw it was a young kid and felt like chucking my clubs in the drink

At 15, he was so much better than I could ever dream of being that it was a joke
This Scotty was Scott Gardiner, but I did see Adam Scott play at Tweed in the Greg Norman Junior Masters. He was 17 at the time and shot 18 under for 4 rounds...he beat Baddeley by 16 shots. I ran out to catch his group after finishing caddying and as I got around the corner to where they were he holed his second on a Par 5 for Albatross. Was quite a first impression.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You bois need to get out to The Coast at La Perouse. Best value game in Sydney, as always. Greens superb ATM.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
16 now, when I play at all. Best I can do nowadays, but was never that great even when I was younger. Love the game though. Great sport.

The Battlers Prince

3.5 to 2.5. Internationals need a good day 2, Drop out the captains picks for the alternate shot. The thought of De Jonge putting a bad drive out in the sticks is too unbearable, or worse ****ing up a shot from the middle of the fairway after Ernie's set him up perfectly. Nonetheless he and the BIG easy are paired together again day 2, I just see it ending badly.

The Battlers Prince

It definitely is awesome, I wish they'd play on a course that isn't all pampered target golf though. See real golf then, imagination gets used more. Then add in the pressure of matchplay, even better in my books. A true test of everything.

grecian

What kind of name is Isreal Dagg? and honestly, a little Youtube vid to announce your turning pro, I bet Arthur Donald Stuart Duncan (a man with 4 first names) is turning in his grave.