• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not watching because of the cricket (why was this not played next week) but Poulter got a great chance if he can hold this together over the last few holes.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Really good round for Lefty. As Westwood, if you can't make the advantage count on the last day then you really don't deserve it.

grecian

Well done Phil, one of the best rounds I think he's ever played.

I'm practically retiring from golf betting after this week. Desperate stuff.

social

Congratulations to Phil as he really played brilliantly

Others had their chances but the course/conditions were definitely harder for the later groups and he had it won well before the end

Son Of Coco

Was disappointing to see Scott blow his chances on the back nine again. Equally disappointing as it meant Mickelson won in a canter. Great round, but the bloke's a wanker.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
fantastic win from mickelson...i don't see how westwood can recover and win a major at this point, he already has the record for the most top 3 major finishes without a win...woods will not pass nicklaus, we have to see if he manages to win even one more...his strategy of "plodding along" on the weekends isn't working for him, i think he needs to be more adventurous if he wants to win majors again...

grecian

picks for glory's last shot?
Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,TIGER.

I've been saying since the start of the year he'll win the PGA, it's just a glorified Tour event, he's still the best on Tour.

I've done saver bets on all my normal people, but my main money is on the Tigger, Bradley or Webb Simpson could be in contention.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,TIGER.

I've been saying since the start of the year he'll win the PGA, it's just a glorified Tour event, he's still the best on Tour.

I've done saver bets on all my normal people, but my main money is on the Tigger, Bradley or Webb Simpson could be in contention.
when you say it's just a glorified tour event, do you mean it's not worthy of being called a major?

grecian

when you say it's just a glorified tour event, do you mean it's not worthy of being called a major?
Nah not really, I think it's fair enough that one major reflects a normal Tour event, without being totally different to what they normally play. The Open is about Links, Masters about ridiculously quick greens, US Open about thick rough, and attritional play.

Son Of Coco

Am clearly speaking way too early, but Scott's started well in another major. Without a fade-out in the Open the could have been 2-up and well positioned in this one as well. Is, by all accounts, a top bloke.

In other golfing news, had my first round in 2 years a week back. It wasn't spectacular, but it was great fun. Only hit 2 greens, and both were from more than 200m out. Had all sorts of trouble judging clubs from 150-in though.