• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big night tonight

Yesterday I would not have minded if Tiger had won just to piss people off but now I am totally against such an outcome as:

a. The whole thing stinks; and

b. I have no doubts that some of the greats of yesteryear would've withdrawn if faced with a similar scenario out of respect for the game (e.g. Norman is allegedly every bit as big a player off the course but disqualified himself from a tournament and repaid his $500k appearance fee when he discovered that he had made an incorrect drop 2 days after it happened)

Tiger has proven himself to be a prize **** IMO

I really hope that Scott does justice to his talent and claims his first major - quality golfer and a lovely guy to boot

If not him then Day as he has the ability to be on Rory's level

Other than that, I'm not fussed so long as Tiger (****) and Cabrera (2 major wins are more than enough for someone of his ability) dont win it

grecian

Try not to mention Jason Day in the same breath as Rory, it's just embarrassing.

I want Kuch to win, because it will earn me money, and it wouldn't be undeserving.

social

Try not to mention Jason Day in the same breath as Rory, it's just embarrassing.

I want Kuch to win, because it will earn me money, and it wouldn't be undeserving.
Sure is embarrassing :blink:

Day has a better golf swing, doesnt tank or walk off when it gets too hard

One of the interesting things about the Americans who have yet to win a major is how little they have achieved in their careers

Westwood and Scott would be by far the most deserving first time winners

grecian

Sure is embarrassing :blink:

Day has a better golf swing, doesnt tank or walk off when it gets too hard

One of the interesting things about the Americans who have yet to win a major is how little they have achieved in their careers

Westwood and Scott would be by far the most deserving first time winners
Rory has two majors and is two years younger. Plus a couple more PGA tour wins, and two fed-ex events, plus some wins on the Euro tour.

Jason has won the Byron Nelson, umm and that's about it. No comparison whatsoever.

Kuchar has won five PGA, been top 10 in a fair few majors, and was top money winner once, as I say a major wouldn't be undeserving. I also like after a big start to his career, he was in a slump for many years before he became a good player, show's some resilience.

Last edited:

social

Rory has two majors and is two years younger. Plus a couple more PGA tour wins, and two fed-ex events, plus some wins on the Euro tour.

Jason has won the Byron Nelson, umm and that's about it. No comparison whatsoever.

Kuchar has won five PGA, been top 10 in a fair few majors, and was top money winner once, as I say a major wouldn't be undeserving.
I'm sure that I said Day "has the ability to be on Rory's level"

IMO, Day is a world class talent with a great golf swing

Rory is a world class talent with a club brain

As for Kuchar, Westwood (39 wins worldwide with numerous major top 10s) and Scott (8 PGA victories including the TPCand a WGC, numerous major high finishes, plus 11 other wins) are obviously miles ahead

Last edited:

grecian

I'm sure that I said Day "has the ability to be on Rory's level"

IMO, Day is a world class talent with a great golf swing

Rory is a world class talent with a club brain

As for Kuchar, Westwood (39 wins worldwide with numerous major top 10s) and Scott (8 PGA victories including the TPCand a WGC, numerous major high finishes, plus 11 other wins) are obviously miles ahead

well, duh, but I haven't got money on them.

Pothas

Woods well and out of it then.

Still wide open between about 4 or 5 players, really no idea who is going to win.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If there's a four way play off with three Aussies, the jacket automatically goes to the other bloke.