• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, just came into the thread to say how nice it is to see the big fella doing well.

They produce some golfers, the six counties, don't they? Freakish a country of 1.5m churns 'em out like they have of late.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not only your Norn, but padraig has excelled for your Irish, incredible performance really from the Paddies.

Anyway, I've wanted Darren to win from the start, but I wouldn't of minded Kaymer for financial reasons, and for the integrity of the World Number 1 status, after another embarassing performance, when it mattered by Lee And Luke.

Yet he's fallen back now, so come on Darren, hold on:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's between clarke, johnson, fowler and bjorn...unless the conditions suddenly become very benign, i don't see anyone else getting into the mix...

social

This course really is a complete goat-track - in many places, you could land 4 identical tee shots shots within a few yards of each other and they'd finish 30 yards apart

Little wonder that players like Sergio dont rate it at all as there is far too much luck involved in the outcome

Anyway, would be happy if Darren won it but seckon he could get overrun by either Johnson or Fowler

grecian

This course really is a complete goat-track - in many places, you could land 4 identical tee shots shots within a few yards of each other and they'd finish 30 yards apart

Little wonder that players like Sergio dont rate it at all as there is far too much luck involved in the outcome

Anyway, would be happy if Darren won it but seckon he could get overrun by either Johnson or Fowler
It's Links golf, the way it should be played, in the end if you hit good shots you'll do well. Sergio whining again, eh, well that's novel. You won't ever win a major because my putting stroke is better then yours, shut it Garcia.

grecian

Yeah, great interview too, I like Brumbers, don't agree with crying in sport, but DC trying not to, was pretty emotional.

Over-weight, Chain-smoking, prodigious drinker, my type of sportsman:)

HeathDavisSpeed

Gotta love Darren Clarke and what he's achieved in winning the Open there. Great to see the Nor'n Irishmen proving to be a major force in a major sport too. Bit of a feel good story all round.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
that was an impressive charge by mickelson for the 1st 10 holes before he ran out of steam...so has clarke done enough to get into the european golf hall of fame? 21 wins with one major, ryder cup hero...seems to have all the credentials...

cricman

International 12th Man
Happy for DC winning, it'll give hope to someone like Monty to make another charge at the Majors. Who Knows 10 years from now it could be Sergio finally breaking through. The Beauty of Golf.

Missing TW play, hopefully he's healthy now and can make a charge leading up to the PGA