• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Kaymer deserves it, is the best player in the world ATM. Oh and I've always backed him, he said modestly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On Thursday morning, Paul Gow gets on the sports brekkie program here and says his tip for the Puerto Rico Open this week is a bloke called Tim Matteson. Says he is "a moral".

The bloke is paying $71 so I have a $20 bet.

Come Sunday, this bloke is leading by 3 shots. How Gow has picked him as a moral is beyond me, but an extra $1400 in the kick would be nice.

Of course, the ****ing **** gases up, doesn't he? Blows his lead and gets into a play off, then BOGEYS the first play off hole, a par five, to lose the tourney.

WAC. Would have been one of the best pay days ever.

**** you Tim Matteson. Hope you get the yips.

grecian

Well, a lot of talk about the dominance of Euro/Brit golfers, but I fancy a first-time Yank winner, Watney, D. Johnson, or Kuchar, in that order, all got the game for Augusta, IMHO.

Outsiders, Scwhartzel and Baddeley, who likewise should go well on the course.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mcilroy and quiros! and the two koreans are playing splendidly as well...mickelson can still make up ground but i think tiger is headed for another disappointment.......:down:

social

mcilroy and quiros! and the two koreans are playing splendidly as well...mickelson can still make up ground but i think tiger is headed for another disappointment.......:down:
Long way to go and conditions will only get harder

At least Woods and Mickelson didnt do a Kaymer who will require a miracle just to make the cut

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jason Day 64. Good <censored by the Anti-Pun-Society>'s work.

And Tiger somehow is -4 and top10 despite landing in the forest with half his drives...

social

Jason Day 64. Good <censored by the Anti-Pun-Society>'s work.

And Tiger somehow is -4 and top10 despite landing in the forest with half his drives...
Make that -7

Great weekend coming up

Day is every bit as talented as McIlroy and it will be interesting to see how they hang in if Tiger keeps rolling

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a superb round by Jason Day. Kid really looks the goods. Great temperament too.

Tiger ominous, but he's done this a few times since his fall from grace - made a good score but not put back-to-back rounds together. They'll be looking over their shoulders though. He putted brilliantly the back nine.

grecian

Well, stating the Obvious, but is Rory's to lose now. His iron game has been incredible, really, really good, and driving not much worse.

Did think is putting would be a problem this week, but if you play that well from tee-to-green, it really don't matter much.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would love to see the boy do it, but would settle for Eldrick not winning it, as always.

Bloke just annoys me so much.

Incidentally, if he does win (or anyone else non-American does) it'll be the first time since 1994 that all the majors are in non-seppo hands. :cool: